Anyone heard from UCSF yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do you have to notify them if you change your class schedule for next quarter?

i'm done w/ my BS courses and UCSF pre-reqs. so next quarter i'ma just take like chill classes.

do i still have to notify them?

http://pharmacy.ucsf.edu/pharmd/admissions/changeofschedule/

Members don't see this ad.

do you have to notify them if you change your class schedule for next quarter?

i'm done w/ my BS courses and UCSF pre-reqs. so next quarter i'ma just take like chill classes.

do i still have to notify them?

I know that you still have to notify them but I am pretty sure that it has no effect on your admission status because they are not pre-reqs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got my letter today letting me know I am waitlisted. Still a chance..hopefully..:rolleyes:

Letter dated 3/20. Location Sacramento.

Good luck to those still waiting!

Finally got my letter today letting me know I am waitlisted. Still a chance..hopefully..:rolleyes:

Letter dated 3/20. Location Sacramento.

Good luck to those still waiting!

thanks for sharing first. I guess that is still a good news for you, isn't it?

btw, do they tell you the position/number you are at?

Yep, the letter says what your position is on the waitlist. My position is "ok" I guess. Not a guarantee tho (in the high teens).

Yep, the letter says what your position is on the waitlist. My position is "ok" I guess. Not a guarantee tho (in the high teens).

high teens is very good. last yr if u read SDN from last yr, ppl up to the 20s got a call but only a few accepted b/c school already started for some.

so u still stand to have a GREAT chance. i would be worry if you're in the 30s or higher.

high teens is very good. last yr if u read SDN from last yr, ppl up to the 20s got a call but only a few accepted b/c school already started for some.

so u still stand to have a GREAT chance. i would be worry if you're in the 30s or higher.

Thanks, Ill def keep my fingers crossed. =)

hi guys, i've been "lurking" around this website ever since my interview, and i've been checking this particular post everyday religiously. it was good to know that i wasn't the only one being driven insane by the wait. but for me, the wait is over.... i got my acceptance letter today, dated 3/19. see you guys in the fall:)

I got my acceptance letter today too!:D Letter dated 3/19. Hmm now the tough part is deciding betwn uscf or usc...

another empty mailbox today =(

seems like everyone is getting acceptances.... rejections are coming soon

Still waiting...impatiently and like a madwoman:scared:...

In the meantime I have a question: since some people have already been waitlisted, and given a specific position on the waitilist, it stands to reason that all decisions have been made, and it's now only a matter of sending out the rest of the letters, right?

In the meantime I have a question: since some people have already been waitlisted, and given a specific position on the waitilist, it stands to reason that all decisions have been made, and it's now only a matter of sending out the rest of the letters, right?

I somehow agree with you, yet i dont' want to...

Members don't see this ad :)

I called them on monday, the staff said they were sending out the last letters on monday and tuesday...and she insisted it could be a mixture of both rejection and acceptance letters. So if you're out of states or live in socal, the mail should arrive thurs/fri.

UCSF states specifically in an FAQ what you have to do to make sure that there is no problem with your admission once you receive your acceptance. The deposit is $100 so if you are going to think about USC and don't know by 4/6 then you could send in the acceptance prior to that. I believe most schools only require that you reject all other schools by June 1. Of course, you will lose your deposit.

UCSF states specifically in an FAQ what you have to do to make sure that there is no problem with your admission once you receive your acceptance. The deposit is $100 so if you are going to think about USC and don't know by 4/6 then you could send in the acceptance prior to that. I believe most schools only require that you reject all other schools by June 1. Of course, you will lose your deposit.

yea, but if u want to go to another school after accepting UCSF, u HAVE to call UCSF and deny your acceptance before u can accept another school (pay deposit). i think jim for USC says they all are in pharmcas and u can't accept 2 schools simultaneously or something to that effect

I got my acceptance letter today too! I also live in socal...

hey everyone

Congrats again to everyone who got in.

i just wanted to say a few things. seems like some people didn't have such a great experience during their interview. i know it probably seemed very hectic and crazy but i can assure you that the pharmacy school here is very warm, friendly and inviting. the students, faculty and administration here are all awesome. i might have met some of you when i did the chat room (i'm an asian male, dashingly good looks). i think some of you guys didn't get the chance to talk to some current students but i can say that i'm extremely happy at ucsf.

second, some peeple have been asking about stats of those people who got in. i wouldn't concern myself with GPAs or scores or anything of the sort. UCSF is a unique school where they take the whole student into account. does a better GPA help students get in? sure. but what's even better is having a passion for the profession and bringing unique backgrounds, interests, goals and abilities. ultimately, they're looking for people who want to make a difference. so don't worry if your GPA wasn't as good as the next persons.

i hope everyone is doing well. we just had our last final for the winter quarter today! SPRING BREAK!!! WOOOOO!!!

So i just confirmed my acceptance but i didn't see anything about a $100 deposit? When does that come in? Do they mail us about that later? thanx

They mention the deposit on the "information for entering students" page. There should have been a link to that page when you confirmed your acceptance online.

whoot whoot =)

i got my letter today. actually my parents got it and it was read over the phone to me (anti-climactic) but i am nevertheless excited!

Are there any other out of staters that got accepted?? I was looking and only noticed mostly instate on the threads - I'm just curious.

Still debating slightly over staying in state or heading to UCSF...but I think I'm heading to Cali! :)

I received my acceptance yesterday (dated 3/19) and I am in SoCal. I'm still deciding between UCSF and UCSD. Anyone else in the same position?

So i just confirmed my acceptance but i didn't see anything about a $100 deposit? When does that come in? Do they mail us about that later? thanx

They would send you an email as well. And they'll have a list of things for you to send, like transcripts, state residency, etc. Congratulations, btw!

Congras to everyone who got in. Still nothing for me. I think if I don't get anything in the mail today I will call them tomorrow. I live in socal

Congras to everyone who got in. Still nothing for me. I think if I don't get anything in the mail today I will call them tomorrow. I live in socal

Nice to hear that someone is in the same boat...I'm starting to think I might have thrown something out with the junk mail.

Nice to hear that someone is in the same boat...I'm starting to think I might have thrown something out with the junk mail.

I am going to wait for the mail today and if I don't receive something I am going to call them and make sure that the letter did not get lost in the mail or something.

i haven't heard back yet either, and my permanent address is only 1 hour from SF.:confused:

got my letter today (socal) dated 3/20

waitlisted =(

Does anyone know how long the waitlist is?

hey everyone, i just found out that u can check if u got accepted or not from PharmCAS, under the status tab. Click on designations. I am not sure if they write waitlisted or not.

hey everyone, i just found out that u can check if u got accepted or not from PharmCAS, under the status tab. Click on designations. I am not sure if they write waitlisted or not.

i can't. it just said revisions mailed ----

then is looks like good news for you. Mine said denied. I am really depressed now..........

got my letter today. waitlisted:( mid teens, dated 3/20.

and the wait starts again... it sucks that I probably won't hear anything until july. boooooooo

got my letter today. waitlisted:( mid teens, dated 3/20.

and the wait starts again... it sucks that I probably won't hear anything until july. boooooooo

congrats redrose, i was wondering if u can tell me what your pharmCas app. says about ur status. Does is actually say waitlisted?

Hijabi, you didn't get a letter, you just found out from pharmcas?

Hijabi, you didn't get a letter, you just found out from pharmcas?

u haven't heard yet jun? wait a few more days if not call them since this is their last batch. don't want your acceptance lost in the mail now

u haven't heard yet jun? wait a few more days if not call them since this is their last batch. don't want your acceptance lost in the mail now

Yeah, I'm planning on calling Monday if I don't hear anything by Saturday...I've been putting it off because somehow I think I might come off like a crazy lunatic, being as frazzled as I am by all this....that can't look good in my file.:oops:

Yeah, I'm planning on calling Monday if I don't hear anything by Saturday...I've been putting it off because somehow I think I might come off like a crazy lunatic, being as frazzled as I am by all this....that can't look good in my file.:oops:

i think they're done w/ all their decisions. so calling them wouldn't hurt :thumbup:

I got in! The letter was dated March 19th, but it got a wrong bar code on it, thats why it took 4 days to get to Berkeley instead of 1! it came a long way and it scared the hell out of me!
:eek:
But! I got IN!!!!!!:D

Hijabi, you didn't get a letter, you just found out from pharmcas?[

nope, i havent gotten my letter yet. I am out of state so maybe it might take more time to get here? Although i am not that far from cali.

I got in! The letter was dated March 19th, but it got a wrong bar code on it, thats why it took 4 days to get to Berkeley instead of 1! it came a long way and it scared the hell out of me!
:eek:
But! I got IN!!!!!!:D

Congras!!! You must be really excited right now. All the wait paid off.

I finally got my letter! It was dated March 19 and I can't imagine why it took so long to get to L.A....but OMG! I got in! :D

I finally got my letter! It was dated March 19 and I can't imagine why it took so long to get to L.A....but OMG! I got in! :D

congrats jun99, u deserve it. we PMed each other during the anxious waiting time :laugh: . once again, u deserve it!

congrats jun99, u deserve it. we PMed each other during the anxious waiting time :laugh: . once again, u deserve it!

Thank you! I still can't believe it -- I re-read the letter 20 times over before it sunk in. Congrats to you too!! I know you're still waiting on USC...let me know when you get your acceptance there so I can nudge you to attend UCSF instead.;)

Thank you! I still can't believe it -- I re-read the letter 20 times over before it sunk in. Congrats to you too!! I know you're still waiting on USC...let me know when you get your acceptance there so I can nudge you to attend UCSF instead.;)

haha no hesitation on accepting the acceptance i see :laugh: :thumbup:

i'm leaning towards UCSF right now but i just LOVE socal so much :love:

but i'm leaning towards it. we'll see in a few weeks!

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!!