Anyone have any thought provoking questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
why do indians like to gossip? (especially indian aunties)

Members don't see this ad.

saffronrain said:
why do indians like to gossip? (especially indian aunties)
Because they are on the prowl for a groom and bride, not like they'll be getting married to them.

sunny123 said:
Because they are on the prowl for a groom and bride, not like they'll be getting married to them.

hahaha seriously!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't is put the lime in the coke you nut??

About Indian aunties it is terrible! A few weeks back an aunty called my mom asking about me :eek:

Man, I never realized living in the US I will have to resort to arranged marriage type of BS

Help me somebody :(

Premedtomed said:
Isn't is put the lime in the coke you nut??

About Indian aunties it is terrible! A few weeks back an aunty called my mom asking about me :eek:

Man, I never realized living in the US I will have to resort to arranged marriage type of BS

Help me somebody :(

yeah it is "put the lime in the coke you nut".. i love that.

Indian aunties can't mind their own business. they're always prying into other people's lives (esp. other people's children's).. ugh. i can totally relate. some aunties call our house (and mind you, we haven't spoken to each other in about 2 years) and ask how i am, how my sister is, what we're doing, what our plans our (ie. med school, etc). they just like gossip and i don't know if it's b/c they're so insecure about themselves- they compare other ppl's kids to their own. my dad does it, but my mom doesn't. i hate it!!!!! :mad:

saffronrain said:
yeah it is "put the lime in the coke you nut".. i love that.

Indian aunties can't mind their own business. they're always prying into other people's lives (esp. other people's children's).. ugh. i can totally relate. some aunties call our house (and mind you, we haven't spoken to each other in about 2 years) and ask how i am, how my sister is, what we're doing, what our plans our (ie. med school, etc). they just like gossip and i don't know if it's b/c they're so insecure about themselves- they compare other ppl's kids to their own. my dad does it, but my mom doesn't. i hate it!!!!! :mad:

I think insecurity is the problem. I agree with you on this one. It is terrible.

The question that actually bugs me is,"why are feelings so irrational...yet so rational?"

I feel.................

Members don't see this ad :)
meetlife said:
The question that actually bugs me is,"why are feelings so irrational...yet so rational?"
depends on what part of your brain you're thinking with...logic or emotion :p

meetlife said:
One that gets me is, what is beyond space? There has got to be something there...fluidic space perhaps?

you know about that Addison's idea of universe?
May be we are all just like a colony of bacteria on some other super human, or super sized animal the size or shape of which is beyond our comprehension.

prady said:
i have an interesting question!why is the pakorah so mean to others?any answers? :laugh:

May be it's in the name- Pakorahs
they are full of atherosclerosis inducing fats and oxidized fats can also cause some malignancies.
The only differences between Pakoras and Pakorah is- Pakoras at least taste good initially!

- Why ppl become suicide bombers (is there really 72 virgins waiting for them?); if its a female suicide bomber, does she get 72 male virgins?

- What would happen if you put curry powder in the oven?

- Why Bush opposes stem cell research, but does not mind ppl in Iraq dying everyday?

- Why some countries are so wealthy, and others are so poor?

- If space is really curved, how come objects fall straight down?

- What was I in the past lives?

- What will India be like in 1000 yrs?

- What is the next superpower?

- And this: why Aish and Salman did not work out? Vivek is such a sad bugger, no offence.

DrGarfield said:
you know about that Addison's idea of universe?
May be we are all just like a colony of bacteria on some other super human, or super sized animal the size or shape of which is beyond our comprehension.
you know...i always wonder abt that....gives me a creepy feeling...but it could just be true....hmm...will we ever know??

HistoRocks said:
- Why ppl become suicide bombers (is there really 72 virgins waiting for them?); if its a female suicide bomber, does she get 72 male virgins?
Isn't it sad how they brain wash them....what a waste of life...
HistoRocks said:
What would happen if you put curry powder in the oven?
Maybe some of the people who cook can figure that out...
HistoRocks said:
Why Bush opposes stem cell research, but does not mind ppl in Iraq dying everyday?
I still don't understand how people here hav somewhat accepted his decision...it was so irrational...and harmful..to people and the economy...
HistoRocks said:
What is the next superpower?
WHat or Who..? you know...pakora had earlier threatned with her plans for world domination... :scared:
HistoRocks said:
And this: why Aish and Salman did not work out? Vivek is such a sad bugger, no offence.
I think Vivek is :thumbdown: . i don;t know how people find him attractive...or hero material...but maybe he's a nice guy :confused:

Can a super conducting magnet tear the iron out of your blood cells?

sunny123 said:
Apparently this was proven in xmen. where magneto took out the excess iron placed inside the cell of a guard. Noting that this was excess iron.

data said:
Apparently this was proven in xmen. where magneto took out the excess iron placed inside the cell of a guard. Noting that this was excess iron.
but that's sci-fi, i'm lookin for real data corroborating the statement. ;)

hahaha!lol! :laugh:
DrGarfield said:
May be it's in the name- Pakorahs
they are full of atherosclerosis inducing fats and oxidized fats can also cause some malignancies.
The only differences between Pakoras and Pakorah is- Pakoras at least taste good initially!

it`s possible only if something is holding the non-iron part i.e. th eproteein etc as strongly as the magnetic pull !

prady said:
hahaha!lol! :laugh:
it`s possible only if something is holding the non-iron part i.e. th eproteein etc as strongly as the magnetic pull !

BRAIN WASHED AS IN KASHMIR ! OR FREEDOM FIGHTERS AS IN PALESTIAN !

- What would happen if you put curry powder in the oven?

WILL TO CONSULT MY GF FOR THAT, BUT FIRST, DAMN , I DO`T EVEN HAVEA OVEN !PASS

- Why Bush opposes stem cell research, but does not mind ppl in Iraq dying everyday?

THERE R QUITE A FEW WORDS TO DESCRIBE THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOUR --DOUBLE STANDARDS , OPPURTUNISM, POLITICS , ONLY-AMERCANS-ARE-HUMANS , I-TAKE-DECISIONS-BY-TOSSING-A-COIN , LONG-LIVE-CHRISTIANITY , INSANITY-IS-IN-MY-GENES , PHEW ......TO NAMEA FEW !

- Why some countries are so wealthy, and others are so poor?

poor resources , money , lack of unity , corruption etc ...

- If space is really curved, how come objects fall straight down?

BUT GRAVITY ISN`T !

- What was I in the past lives?

ONLY SOME QUACK CAN ANSWER THAT , I GUESS , CORRECTLY !!

- What will India be like in 1000 yrs?

HUMANS EXISTENCE BY THE END OF NEXT 1000 YRS IS UNLIKELY , ACC TO ME .

Why can't a magnet lift a floppy??

try it

:laugh: :laugh: :D :laugh: :clap:

ok incase someone didn't get it--plz don't try it...

hopeful05 said:
Why can't a magnet lift a floppy??

try it

:laugh: :laugh: :D :laugh: :clap:

ok incase someone didn't get it--plz don't try it...

Naughty gal!

sunny123 said:
One that gets me is, what is beyond space? There has got to be something there...fluidic space perhaps?
Exactly...I am so amazed by this question.....I can not put my awe in words..........what is it......a void.......ether..........a vaccum......WHAT????????????????????????????????????????????

prady said:
i have an interesting question!why is the pakorah so mean to others?any answers? :laugh:

Hmmmn.....I am sure.....she is a burnt piece of charcol.....she is too overcooked........... the bitter one......lonely sad thing lying alone in the plate.....and yes...she never mentioned"what kind of pakorah is she actually?"........aloo...gobi......ok.........add the adjectives to your choice...... :love: :laugh: :laugh: .

rxgal8 said:
depends on what part of your brain you're thinking with...logic or emotion :p
why is it so difficult to strike a balance......

Premedtomed said:
:laugh: :laugh:

Did Pradillacious read this ? :laugh:

why?????how does it matter...do I have an admirer???? :love:

well, looks like i've an ardent supporter!!! ;) :laugh:
meetlife said:
Hmmmn.....I am sure.....she is a burnt piece of charcol.....she is too overcooked........... the bitter one......lonely sad thing lying alone in the plate.....and yes...she never mentioned"what kind of pakorah is she actually?"........aloo...gobi......ok.........add the adjectives to your choice...... :love: :laugh: :laugh: .

DrGarfield said:
when someone asks me what my favourite Sports is------ i answer SNAKE
:laugh: Garf and me are true snake charmer - the real indians :D

prady said:
hey sid, what will happen to ur swetha?? ;) hope saff is reading this...........!!!

::sigh:: i will move on if sid's moved on. ::sigh:: ;) :laugh:

saffronrain said:
::sigh:: i will move on if sid's moved on. ::sigh:: ;) :laugh:

Sadly I haven't I am just fooling around since you quit posting for a while

:laugh:

Premedtomed said:
Sadly I haven't I am just fooling around since you quit posting for a while

:laugh:
I am all alone....again........

prady said:
well, looks like i've an ardent supporter!!! ;) :laugh:
Hmmmn.....I am mean to mean people.....thats it.......... u sound like a nice guy... :love:

Premedtomed said:
aah There's enough of me to go around :love: :laugh: :p
naughty boy......I am sure....saffron is gonna pull your ears......