Anyone else applying to University of Colorado?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, there will be people that turn down their interviews or those that do not accept a position into the school. As that occurs I'm sure the school will send out additional invites. :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

So according to my tour guide, there are some people that may get interviews as late as april that still get in. It's only a few people, but at least the possibility is still there.

Depending on who it was, I wouldn't put much stock into what your tour guide said. I am assuming your guide was a student who has no input or extensive information about the admissions/invitation process. I could be wrong, the OSS might have briefed them before the tours. Either way, unless you hear it directly from the OSS don't take it as a true statement.

Depending on who it was, I wouldn't put much stock into what your tour guide said. I am assuming your guide was a student who has no input or extensive information about the admissions/invitation process. I could be wrong, the OSS might have briefed them before the tours. Either way, unless you hear it directly from the OSS don't take it as a true statement.

Well she said that she was one of the students that was rejected at first but then was invited to a late inteverview so I didn't see a good reason to doubt her.

Members don't see this ad :)
I knew students who were accepted last year in April - see my post on this thread from 2/9/08.

One of my buddies got a rejection letter and then an interview invite.. odd, but he's in and doing very well.

Thank you all for trying to make us feel better!:oops:

I can't wait until APRIL!! Does anyone know if they send out acceptances/rejections by email/phone/snail mail?

But anyways, good luck to those with upcoming interviews. :luck:

last year and the year before it was by mail so it's probably the same this year too

it's by mail and you'll know it as soon as you see the package.

small = sorry

large = you made it!

Hey everyone,

I just got an email from Beverly Brunson entitled, "Your Application to the UC Denver School of Pharmacy" saying I would not be offered an interview. :( Apparently they don't even want to waste postage on those of us who weren't given interviews! :p But I bet this means that those of you who haven't received this email are still being considered. I wish you all the best of luck!

Hey everyone,

I just got an email from Beverly Brunson entitled, "Your Application to the UC Denver School of Pharmacy" saying I would not be offered an interview. :( Apparently they don't even want to waste postage on those of us who weren't given interviews! :p But I bet this means that those of you who haven't received this email are still being considered. I wish you all the best of luck!

I got the same thing too. =(

Hey everyone,

i got the same email

I got the same thing too. =(

Hey pdang and DontSayNo....sorry to hear you got that email too. At least now I know I am not the only one! Still sucks huh? Oh well. I guess being a mediocre out-of-state applicant didn't give me the best chance in the first place. It's okay...I am trying to look on the bright side. I don't have to spend money on a flight/hotel out there just to get rejected later on!

Members don't see this ad :)
If I remember correctly the "invite to interview" comes as an e-mail as well. So don't be too quick to judge the subject of your e-mails... could be a good thing.

A lot of people don't make it on their first attempt, everyone. If this is something you want, keep at it. True test of someone's endurance and willingness to become a pharmacist. It ain't easy but well worth it. :eek:

So...since I did NOT receive this email, then I still have a chance!! :D I hope!! :D Well, good luck to others who are still waiting as well!! :D

Hey guys, do u mind sharing your interview experience, the type of Qs, and how did u spend 4 hours there? just curious and worried coz I will have an interview on March 10th:confused:. Thanks

Hey guys, do u mind sharing your interview experience, the type of Qs, and how did u spend 4 hours there? just curious and worried coz I will have an interview on March 10th:confused:. Thanks

It's a good idea to check out the interview feedback page for Colorado. You can find it in the FAQ.

But in short, the day went like this: tour, presentations, individual interviews, then group exercise. If you want to catch the tour, the time spent there will be ~5.5 hours. Good luck and DEFINITELY have a good breakfast/lunch. I was starving by the end!

It's a good idea to check out the interview feedback page for Colorado. You can find it in the FAQ.

But in short, the day went like this: tour, presentations, individual interviews, then group exercise. If you want to catch the tour, the time spent there will be ~5.5 hours. Good luck and DEFINITELY have a good breakfast/lunch. I was starving by the end!

forizzle

Yeah! I received an "invitation for an interview" e-mail today. I was one of the applicants who had to go through an oral proficiency phone interview because I am not a native English speaker. The call was a breeze - it lasted 1/2 hour and she asked what my first day in the US was like and why I wanted to go to pharmacy school. I don't quite know how it started but we quickly shifted into talking about politics and world affairs. She kept asking me a lot of questions about my thoughts on issues. After a while, in the back of my mind I started thinking "Are they trying to determine if I align with them politically and if I should be throwing remarks in like Go McCain or Go Clinton or Go Obama". :laugh: She said she usually doesn't delve into these type of conversations with applicants, so if you still have yours coming up don't worry, there is no need to pick up Wall Street Journal and start cramming.

Within 2 hours after the phone interview, I received an e-mail inviting me for an on-campus interview. They gave me two dates to chose from - March 4 or 10. Based on the agenda, the interview process will take about 5.5 hours.

I hope I have given someone out there helpful info. on CU............

Hey everyone,

Apparently I overlooked my email, because I received the same email. :( I just found it yesterday but it was sent on the 19th like everyone elses. :( Best wishes to everyone else still in the "game"!! :D

For those of you who have interviewed already and did not rent a car, any recommendations for a hotel that offered both shuttle service to the airport and also to the school too preferably? I have the hotel sheet the school provided me but thought I would ask here before I call all the hotels individually to ask. One of the reviews for a hotel on the list mentioned roaches and another had major construction going on so any recommendations for good clean hotels would be nice.

Thanks!

For those of you who have interviewed already and did not rent a car, any recommendations for a hotel that offered both shuttle service to the airport and also to the school too preferably? I have the hotel sheet the school provided me but thought I would ask here before I call all the hotels individually to ask. One of the reviews for a hotel on the list mentioned roaches and another had major construction going on so any recommendations for good clean hotels would be nice.

Thanks!

I don't think any hotels offer a shuttle to the campus. You're either going to have to take a cab or rent a car. As for hotels there's some decent ones near I-225 and Mississippi. From there it's about a 10 minute drive to campus straight up I-225.

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/pro...apProvider=MapQuest&searchType=GEO&promocorp=

I've stayed at this La Quinta Inn once back in 2003 and it was fine. There's a Best Western nearby ( 800 S Abilene Street, Aurora, CO, 80012) that looks nice.

The Timbers offers shuttle service from the airport & to the medical campus for free. But on the down side, it's $100 per night in the studio room. I just went ahead with that hotel so I wouldn't have to worry about transportation. There's a bar & grill within the hotel too so that was a plus. :D

Also-- I talked to the staff at the Renaissance and they also offer shuttle service. I think it's only for students interviewing for pharmacy though, so don't forget to mention that.

I'm sorry I'm confused. Where is the interview feedback page for Colorado? Are you talking about another blog?

http://share.studentdoctor.net/interviewpharm/index.asp

That is the direct link to the Interview Feedback page. It's in this forum. It's a good idea to browse through the pre-pharmacy FAQ stickied at the top of the pre-pharmacy page. I know I was a little confused when I first started coming on this site too, but that thread helped a TON.

Thanks koni and lurkerkat for the hotel info! It's just the information I needed. Much appreciated. I might just stay at the Timbers also. It is a bit pricier but I don't mind paying like $30 more for peace of mind. Thanks!

my undergraduate research adviser did his post-doc at University of Colorado and also taught pharmacology there. o_O

Hey everyone,

I got the same e-mail too. 10 bucks to anyone willing to go dumpster diving for my application, I want to review it and see if there are some skills for another job in there!:)
Does anyone think it's rude to ask for my application fee back? (ha-ha)

I have my interview scheduled for March 4. Anyone else interviewing on that day?

Hey! :) Thank you for all the info that I've learned from everyone interested in CU.
To those who didn't get offered an interview, I'm sorry to hear that but I wish you the best of luck with your other schools, k?

I'll be interviewing on March 10th! Pretty excited but also scared, all at the same time.
I'm surprised that I got offered an interview because I'm an out-of-stater..

However, I'm also in a bind because they require 8 semester hours of A&P and I was supposed to take it in Spring '08 but I dropped it because my professor was being stupid.

Do you think they'll overlook that one class if I ace the interview and try to impress them in other areas?
Thanks for all your help, in advance!

Hey! :) Thank you for all the info that I've learned from everyone interested in CU.
To those who didn't get offered an interview, I'm sorry to hear that but I wish you the best of luck with your other schools, k?

I'll be interviewing on March 10th! Pretty excited but also scared, all at the same time.
I'm surprised that I got offered an interview because I'm an out-of-stater..

However, I'm also in a bind because they require 8 semester hours of A&P and I was supposed to take it in Spring '08 but I dropped it because my professor was being stupid.

Do you think they'll overlook that one class if I ace the interview and try to impress them in other areas?
Thanks for all your help, in advance!

Hey do you have 3 credits of anatomy at least? I don't think they require 8 of A&P yet. That's for 2009's entering class. I believe it's still just 3 of anatomy still. If I'm wrong then no, they probably won't just overlook it, and I'd be screwed too.

Hey do you have 3 credits of anatomy at least? I don't think they require 8 of A&P yet. That's for 2009's entering class. I believe it's still just 3 of anatomy still. If I'm wrong then no, they probably won't just overlook it, and I'd be screwed too.

Hi jommyboi303! :) Thanks for giving me hope..

I have 4 credits of anatomy & physiology so far.
My last official transcript states that I was registered for A&P II for Spring 2008. LOL!

I hope you are right so that we both can get in!!! :)
When are you interviewing?

Hey jonnyboi!

Congrats on already having your interview!
How was it?
Do you have any tips to share? Colorado will be my first interview for this year. I'm hoping to get a few more lined up.
Thank you!

Btw, do you like it there? Have never been to Colorado but have heard that it is amazingly beautiful!

Little over a month to go until we hear final decisions from Colorado.. Haha, sorry guys, I'm going a little crazy over here so I'm doing a countdown. :p How is everyone dealing with this late notice? I'm starting to feel panicked from financial aid deadlines for different schools.

Hey jonnyboi!

Congrats on already having your interview!
How was it?
Do you have any tips to share? Colorado will be my first interview for this year. I'm hoping to get a few more lined up.
Thank you!

Btw, do you like it there? Have never been to Colorado but have heard that it is amazingly beautiful!

It was pretty straightforward. I guess just bring a coat in case the weather turns bad.

I believe they only require 4 semester credits of A&P. I think you will be just fine with out the second semester.

Thank you jonny boi and crusher..
You guys really gave me hope. :)

How are your applications/interviews going?

I have an interview 3/7. Only a week away!! Yikes!! I interviewed at Creighton and managed to be accepted there but CU is definately my first choice. I grew up here in the Springs about and hour away. I think that's why I'm so scared for the interview. Good luck to all of you!

In the interview process of colorado for 2008 cycle, will there be math and biology quiz? anyone who already had interview can answer this question. It will be grateful.

In the interview process of colorado for 2008 cycle, will there be math and biology quiz? anyone who already had interview can answer this question. It will be grateful.

nope. that was what the pcat was for

Regarding the A&P credit... you only need 3 hours.. no lab necessary. I only took A&P I with no lab and they accepted it. And I have the list of the pre-pharm requirements for those applying for fall 2008, which CU has now taken down.

nope. that was what the pcat was for

true!!! this is the first year that CU is requiring the PCAT. last year they didn't and so they had a skills test to make up for it. but ppl from last year told me it was MUCH MUCH easier than the PCAT

true!!! this is the first year that CU is requiring the PCAT. last year they didn't and so they had a skills test to make up for it. but ppl from last year told me it was MUCH MUCH easier than the PCAT

seriously that's what i heard too. hopefully i get in. i don't want to take the physiology and anatomy labs

seriously that's what i heard too. hopefully i get in. i don't want to take the physiology and anatomy labs

hate to say this, but if you don't want to take the physiology and anatomy labs.. you might not want to do the first year of any pharm program. that's basically all you get!!! you need to know the body before you know the medications that act on it. think about it...

hate to say this, but if you don't want to take the physiology and anatomy labs.. you might not want to do the first year of any pharm program. that's basically all you get!!! you need to know the body before you know the medications that act on it. think about it...

right. maybe i should just lose all hope now. let me clarify. i don't want to not get in, have to take the two labs to satisfy the prereqs for next year, and then basically take them again the year after that

right. maybe i should just lose all hope now. let me clarify. i don't want to not get in, have to take the two labs to satisfy the prereqs for next year, and then basically take them again the year after that

??? :confused:

actually... there are a couple pharm programs that don't require you to take A&P labs during pharm school =)