Anyone else applying to University of Colorado?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've heard the phone interviews are really informal and consist of an interviewer asking you questions about your self. Their main goal is just to see if you can speak and understand the language without having any visual cues. I'm sure you'll both do fine. I think they do initial phone interviews for anyone who put on their application that their first language is something other than English, even if someone accidently marks that box. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I got an e-mail saying they got everything too. BUT, I haven't heard anything yet either. Are they just taking longer because of the recent move? Anyone get an invite lately?

When I talked to CU they told me they were trying to send out all the emails in Jan. But it seems that alot of people haven't received an email yet. I am guessing they will email you soon to let you know if you are of aren't invited for an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope all of you have heard back from CU already as it looks like thier interview spots are filling up fast. As of last night they had only one spot open on 2/11, five on 2/20, and a few spots open on 3/4, 3/10 & 3/14. :luck:

If they follow the pattern of years past they will send interview invites out in a couple waves. But I would imagine you should start hearing soon since they start this friday.

So as far as the phone interviews, if we "pass" and prove that we are fluent in English, will we be formally invited to an interview? If those are the only interview dates, I am a bit worried since I've already got a spring break trip planned and paid for so I wouldn't be able to attend some of the dates. Colorado is one of my top choices since I want to eventually live in Colorado. I would really appreciate anyone's input/info.

When is your phone interview? I would assume they have interview dates reserved for those candidates they are are interviewing via phone first.

10 more days until the Feb 15th interview! I'm starting to feel anxious/nervous already! Lol.

my phone interview is this upcoming monday

I got an interview but I'm not going either. It's too far from where I'm living at now.

I'm wondering, how do you know that there are only so many interview spots left? :confused:

I'm wondering, how do you know that there are only so many interview spots left? :confused:

There are a finite number of spots since there are only so many interview days and only so many people available to conduct them. I'm sure they have it worked out so that those of you doing phone interviews will have space on the interview days.

Hi

I had my phone interview yesterday, and they sent me an interview invitation this morning:). They still have many available dates for interviews, I think the earliest one they gave to me is Feb. 8th and the last one is March 14th. Good Luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email from the school asking me to confirm my interview for this Friday. When I replied with my confirmation I got an autoreply out of office message from the woman setting up the interviews listing those dates they still had available. I'm sure dates will also open up as people decline their invitations.

Hi

I had my phone interview yesterday, and they sent me an interview invitation this morning:). They still have many available dates for interviews, I think the earliest one they gave to me is Feb. 8th and the last one is March 14th. Good Luck!!!

Hi Retriever09, What were the questions you had to answer? How did you think it went? I'm so nervous and hate this phone interview thing!!!!!

Hi Retriever09, What were the questions you had to answer? How did you think it went? I'm so nervous and hate this phone interview thing!!!!!

Hi, They were all personal questions, nothing pharmacy related. They just want to see if they can understand what you are saying w/o any visual cues. One of the questions was to describe my first day in U.S. I had a hard time remembering it in details; it's been 4-5 yrs ago. Mine went a lil. bit over 30 mins. Don't be nervous, you'll be fine:thumbup:.

Easy for you to say! I didn't think I would be this nervous but I've been thinking of all the time, energy, and money I have put into this already and considering how much I have riding on this interview, it is very difficult to relax. :eek: I'm hoping the interview goes well and I'm really looking forward to it too.

Easy for you to say! I didn't think I would be this nervous but I've been thinking of all the time, energy, and money I have put into this already and considering how much I have riding on this interview, it is very difficult to relax. :eek: I'm hoping the interview goes well and I'm really looking forward to it too.

Good luck!! I know what you mean. I've been thinking about my upcoming interview 24/7 for the past week and it's still a week away. (And I really should be studying for my A&P exam on tues instead of spending all my time on SDN. Haha) I'm sure you will do fine. Just do your best. :luck:

Thanks! And good luck to anyone else that has an interview today! :luck:

Did the interview today and it went really well, although it was super windy in Denver today and everyone got quite wind blown during the campus tour. They said they had 1200 applicants this year, they are interviewing 300, and accepting 150-154. They also said they will be sending out decision letters throughout the process and expect to have all decision letters out by the first week in April. :luck:

how long do you get to decide whether or not you want to go to the school after getting an acceptance letter?

Wow...looks like the some of us that didn't get interview invites at this point got rejected. Sad...:(

Regarding Pupsren's comment on CU's decisions...Did they actually say this at CU? How can they have all their decisions made by the first week in March when the last interviews are not finished until March 14? So possibly I should not even bother going to my interview?

I think the majority of decisions will have been made by March but don't despair. Last year two classmates of mine at Front Range Community College (Colorado) did not receive word until late April. One of them interviewed in February and the other person was orginially rejected but was invited in late April for an interview. Both of them got into the program.

You have to remember this is an ongoing process until August. All of us (my assumption based on this website) applied to multiple schools and therefore some of the people receiving acceptance letters in the near term from CU will not accept because they have decided to go to other schools. So, CU will contact applicants until August. Granted, the remaining spots will become less and less available throughout the next couple of months. I also spoke to one of the professors at CU a couple of months ago. She said they usually have 1 or 2 people drop out in August before school starts. (Unfortunately this didn't happen last year, but it has in years past) So, there may be 1 or 2 spots open in August.

I also wanted to respond to everyone who has to do the oral proficiency interview (I have mine coming up this Tuesday). When I scheduled my interview, I asked whether this means I will be extended an official interview from the pharmacy school if I 'pass' the oral interview. She said yes. :D I also asked her if I really needed to go through this because it was pretty obvious to her that I don't even have an accent anymore. She said it is part of the process because in the past they have had non-native students fail out of the program because they weren't able to communicate. She also said she interviews about 50 non-native speakers for the pharmacy program every year. Basically, CU felt is was a needed step to ensure students could succeed in the program.

I hope this helps. Good luck everyone. :luck:

I think the majority of decisions will have been made by March but don't despair. Last year two classmates of mine at Front Range Community College (Colorado) did not receive word until late April. One of them interviewed in February and the other person was orginially rejected but was invited in late April for an interview. Both of them got into the program.

You have to remember this is an ongoing process until August. All of us (my assumption based on this website) applied to multiple schools and therefore some of the people receiving acceptance letters in the near term from CU will not accept because they have decided to go to other schools. So, CU will contact applicants until August. Granted, the remaining spots will become less and less available throughout the next couple of months. I also spoke to one of the professors at CU a couple of months ago. She said they usually have 1 or 2 people drop out in August before school starts. (Unfortunately this didn't happen last year, but it has in years past) So, there may be 1 or 2 spots open in August.

I also wanted to respond to everyone who has to do the oral proficiency interview (I have mine coming up this Tuesday). When I scheduled my interview, I asked whether this means I will be extended an official interview from the pharmacy school if I 'pass' the oral interview. She said yes. :D I also asked her if I really needed to go through this because it was pretty obvious to her that I don't even have an accent anymore. She said it is part of the process because in the past they have had non-native students fail out of the program because they weren't able to communicate. She also said she interviews about 50 non-native speakers for the pharmacy program every year. Basically, CU felt is was a needed step to ensure students could succeed in the program.

I hope this helps. Good luck everyone. :luck:

Wow...looks like the some of us that didn't get interview invites at this point got rejected. Sad...:(

Oh no! I hope that isn't the case as I haven't received an invite either. booo. I guess all we could do is keep on believin'... heheh :rolleyes:

Yeah, I remember what it's like. Pat's one of those Super-Cool Dudes who never breaks a sweat. :laugh:

Personally, I worked really hard and sacrificed a lot to make pharm school happen (EDIT: I'm sure Patmcd worked hard as well - just realized how that sounded - love ya Patrick). When it came down to an interview, it WAS hard to relax. I managed to bring my nerves under control shortly before my scheduled interview time, but I'll never forget how scared I was before that.

There really ISN'T any reason to be terrified though. Approach the interview with an open mind. Be prepared to meet some interesting faculty members who practice pharmacy to an amazing degree and who really care about their students. Ask lots of questions and just be who you really are. Your interviewer(s) (current students participate in the process as well) expect you to be nervous. The key is what a nervous interviewee looks like under pressure. So relax already... ;)

Keep in mind that, while you're competing against your fellow interviewees for a seat, you may encounter them again when school starts. Be friendly, mingle, find out where people are from and what their backgrounds are. It gives you something else to focus on. You may encounter these people again, so make a good impression. One of the people I interviewed with is now my best friend and study-buddy. I guess we impressed each other good. :)

Good luck everybody. Might just see you at an interview...

The school said they give you two weeks to make a decision after receiving the letter and you need to submit a $200 deposit, which isn't bad at all considering some schools require up to $2000 for a deposit. And the school said acceptance letters would be sent out by the first week in April, not March like I previously stated. Sorry for the typo! I was up way too late. And during my interview it seemed like half of the candidates had applied to other schools and CU was not their top choice. I think rudi2qt was right by saying some people will be offered spots even later in the year due to people declining the offers made by the school.

Hey Pupsren. Was there a quant. and bio. test during the interview?

They discontinued the math and bio test because they now require the PCAT, but there is still an article they give you to read with some questions to answer and a paragraph you have to write regarding your opion on the subject of the article.

Hey all you new applicants...

My name is Shaun and I'll be taking you all on school tours Friday the 15th and 22nd!

Put on your walking shoes, it's a large campus.

The only advice I can give you is don't be too hard on yourselves. I totally bombed a question or two during the interview and still got accepted. It's really easy to stress out and over analyze everything between the time of your interview and when they contact you to let you know their decision. I remember how unbelievably freaked out I was and the best thing you can do is take good care of yourselves and stay positive.

Best of luck!

What's going on everyone:

My name is Chad and I will be showing you all the Anschutz Medical Campus on Friday the 15 and Friday the 22.

Take Care!

What's going on everyone:

My name is Chad and I will be showing you all the Anschutz Medical Campus on Friday the 15 and Friday the 22.

Take Care!

Chad, stop copying me!

You wanna be 301 on Rambo's list? Do you?

I trained Rambo....enough said!

Ok I am at my wits end with Colorado....I wrote earlier about having to take the dam English proficiency test and having to find a landline etc. to use. Well. They have canceled my phone interview twice already due to illness of the interviewer. Circumstances can't be helped, I know. But this is crunch time-Midterms, project and presentations, and UGH everything else! I understand there are only a few interview sessions left-as it is, I can't even go to the last week (I paid my spring break trip already to the Carib, and no I am not willing to give it up as it would be several hundred $$ down the drain), the week before I have to go out of town and there are things I have to do (I have midterms in ALL my classes the week before!)!!!! Not only that I feel really bad (it's a prof thats letting me use their phone, and I feel like a total douchebag always saying that I have to cancel and reschedule to use their phone) having to constantly ask to use someone else's phone. The prof even jokingly asked if they were serious about interviewing me because of this. I am so beyond irritated right now-I had to beg to ask off so I could do the interview and now I have to beg AGAIN. (I can only go to a very select few interview dates and I think they're being really ridiculously inconsiderate at this point) that I am seriously considering pulling my application because of this-I've already had interviews at some awesome schools already, more importantly, schools that seem to be genuinely interested in me possibly attending their school. What would you guys do in this situation?:cool:

Ok I am at my wits end with Colorado....I wrote earlier about having to take the dam English proficiency test and having to find a landline etc. to use. Well. They have canceled my phone interview twice already due to illness of the interviewer. Circumstances can't be helped, I know. But this is crunch time-Midterms, project and presentations, and UGH everything else! I understand there are only a few interview sessions left-as it is, I can't even go to the last week (I paid my spring break trip already to the Carib, and no I am not willing to give it up as it would be several hundred $$ down the drain), the week before I have to go out of town and there are things I have to do (I have midterms in ALL my classes the week before!)!!!! Not only that I feel really bad (it's a prof thats letting me use their phone, and I feel like a total douchebag always saying that I have to cancel and reschedule to use their phone) having to constantly ask to use someone else's phone. The prof even jokingly asked if they were serious about interviewing me because of this. I am so beyond irritated right now-I had to beg to ask off so I could do the interview and now I have to beg AGAIN. (I can only go to a very select few interview dates and I think they're being really ridiculously inconsiderate at this point) that I am seriously considering pulling my application because of this-I've already had interviews at some awesome schools already, more importantly, schools that seem to be genuinely interested in me possibly attending their school. What would you guys do in this situation?:cool:

depends. basically another interview's another chance. if you think you're alright with the schools that you've interviewed at and don't want to deal with colorado anymore then screw it

Good Luck to everyone that interviews tomorrow. :luck: And its snowing here in Denver so make sure you bring good shoes to do the hour long campus tour since there will be snow and ice on the ground.

It's sooo cold!!!! I hope the tour is mostly indoors. LOL. See those interviewing tomorrow and also the tour guides/students? :)

It's sooo cold!!!! I hope the tour is mostly indoors. LOL. See those interviewing tomorrow and also the tour guides/students? :)

Don't worry about it. If you're lucky you might get to see how snow can fall on a bright sunny day.

I guess you haven't been to the campus yet then? Its a lot of open space with buildings scattered all over the place.

nice seeing you there k0ni

nice seeing you there k0ni

Nice meeting you! Thanks for helping me find my interview room. It was a mini-maze. Haha.

dt30 -- nice meeting you also!

Hopefully we all have some good news coming soon. :luck:

To anyone else who still hasn't heard, this is really difficult! But the hope is alive and congrats to all those who got interviews!. Does anyone know if they are still inviting people, or if we haven't heard yet, does that mean no? Someone make me feel better, please!:) Its' rough not knowing.

To anyone else who still hasn't heard, this is really difficult! But the hope is alive and congrats to all those who got interviews!. Does anyone know if they are still inviting people, or if we haven't heard yet, does that mean no? Someone make me feel better, please!:) Its' rough not knowing.

I haven't heard yet either!! :( From their website, it looks like they only interview until mid-march. I am losing hope also. Maybe someone can make us feel better!! :D

I know right...I was wondering the same thing. I almost want to call and ask them if they are through with inviting people to interviews. I wish they (as well as other schools) would send out rejection letters when they know they are done with you instead of keeping you waiting. It would suck, but it would at least save you from feeling anxious all the time, right?!

I try to tell myself "no news is not bad news", but at the same time "no news" may also mean.....my file is probably in the "send rejection letters to..."--pile. (sigh) Harsh...harsh.....I know how you feel...I'm also waiting to hear from them. Soon hopefully, and hopefully it'd be good news. :thumbup:

So according to my tour guide, there are some people that may get interviews as late as april that still get in. It's only a few people, but at least the possibility is still there.