Anyone else applying to University of Colorado?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pupsren

Post grad
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just submitted my application to PharmCas and I'm awaiting the PCAT scores I took in October. Has anyone else sent in their applications?

Members don't see this ad.

I just submitted my application to PharmCas and I'm awaiting the PCAT scores I took in October. Has anyone else sent in their applications?

Yup, I submitted my PharmCAS this summer, and mailed the supplemental app in September. I got an email a couple weeks later that said they will start reviewing apps and sending out interview invitations in January, and that interviews would take place in Feb and March. Are you an in-state or out-of-state applicant? I'm an out-of-stater, and so I'm just hoping my stats are competitive enough to get an interview! We'll see I guess. Good luck! :luck:

I'm an in state applicant. Born and raised in Den,Co. I'm so anxious to hear back from them but I guess we're in for a long wait. Please let me know when you hear from them. Good Luck!:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,:)

I've applied for admission to the University of Colorado School of Pharmacy as well. I had originally applied as an early admissions canidate. Since there weren't enough early admission canidates, the school decided not to have interviews for them this year.:mad: I am an in-state Colorado resident currently residing in Denver. I am applying with all my prerequisites completed and with good science/nonscience gpas so I feel that I'm an excellent canidate. At the present time, I'm am studying for the PTCB exam in March. Attending the University of Colorado School of Pharmacy means the world to me and I prey to god that I get accepted into their pharmacy program. I feel that I'm someone who can really contribute to the program. I look forward to hearing from you people!

~Michael James:cool:

Count me in too...im in Kansas right now....sent in my supplemental at the beginning of this month...PharmCas is still calculating my GPA's i guess.....

oooh snowboarding season is coming up! I applied there as well...I submitted my supplemental in august so hopefully I get an interview. I might as well hit the slopes while i'm out there :p

Hi,:)

I've applied for admission to the University of Colorado School of Pharmacy as well. I had originally applied as an early admissions canidate. Since there weren't enough early admission canidates, the school decided not to have interviews for them this year.:mad: I am an in-state Colorado resident currently residing in Denver. I am applying with all my prerequisites completed and with good science/nonscience gpas so I feel that I'm an excellent canidate. At the present time, I'm am studying for the PTCB exam in March. Attending the University of Colorado School of Pharmacy means the world to me and I prey to god that I get accepted into their pharmacy program. I feel that I'm someone who can really contribute to the program. I look forward to hearing from you people!

~Michael James:cool:

Wow, okay, was that part of your personal statement, i think someone was looking for an "example" this would be great for them :confused: :scared:

I just got an email from CU stating that they received my applications and fee but it also stated that all pre-pharmacy coursework must be completed before Spring 2008. When I looked on the website it said that they prefer you to have all your coursework done before applying but they will accept candidates who at least have OChem I completed. The only class I need to still take is OChem II and I'm hoping they will still consider my application. I can't get a hold of anyone at the school. Does anyone know the exact requirement? :confused:

I just send in my pharmcas to the school of pharmacy in colorado. I barely made the deadline which was Dec 1, 07. I hope they receive it. Does colorado have a limit on the time frame of the prequisites. I took them over 10 years ago and I hope they still accept it. I also recently took the PCAT. What is the stat to get in colorado pharmacy school? Is it a good pharmacy program?

I just got an email from CU stating that they received my applications and fee but it also stated that all pre-pharmacy coursework must be completed before Spring 2008. When I looked on the website it said that they prefer you to have all your coursework done before applying but they will accept candidates who at least have OChem I completed. The only class I need to still take is OChem II and I'm hoping they will still consider my application. I can't get a hold of anyone at the school. Does anyone know the exact requirement? :confused:

Hey, don't worry. I got that email too. I am going to be finishing up my last prereqs (including anatomy) in the spring 2008 semester. I think all they meant by that email was just that you can't still be taking their prereqs in the summer semester 08, you have to be done by spring. Does that help? :)

I just spoke with someone in the admissions office and she said that all pre-reqs have to be completed by the end of spring semester 2008 or before summer semester. That puts a damper on my plans but I guess I will have to enroll in O Chem II this spring no matter what. And there is a 7-year limit for all of the math and science courses. If you took them over 7 years ago they want you to take them again for more recent grades.

I figure we only have about 2 more weeks before we hear about interview invitations from the school. Is anyone else having a hard time waiting? It feels like I submitted my application ages ago.

I figure we only have about 2 more weeks before we hear about interview invitations from the school. Is anyone else having a hard time waiting? It feels like I submitted my application ages ago.

I applied also and I am still waiting. Yeah it seems like forever! :sleep::D I think we should be hearing something soon....I hope!! :D Well, good luck to you and everyone else who has applied!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied also and I am still waiting. Yeah it seems like forever! :sleep::D I think we should be hearing something soon....I hope!! :D Well, good luck to you and everyone else who has applied!!

I agree with you both! It feels like such a long time ago that I mailed that application. I am hoping we'll hear soon as well!

Are the rest of you Colorado residents? I'm from California. I've actually never been to Denver, but I have heard great things about the city. Looking forward to touring around if I get an interview! :)

I'm from Denver. I'm sure you'll like it here. Did you apply to other schools in California? Seems like there were a lot of schools there offering Pharm Ds, but CU is the only school in Colorado for Pharmacy.

I'm from Denver. I'm sure you'll like it here. Did you apply to other schools in California? Seems like there were a lot of schools there offering Pharm Ds, but CU is the only school in Colorado for Pharmacy.

For now that is. Regis University is anticipating that their first class will be admitted Fall 09.

Thats true but I wouldn't count on it. They initially said they would start in fall 2008, but they couldn't get the program together in time for this application cycle. Also they reported previously that they were going to require in their pre requisites 2 theology courses and a philosophy course, and charge 15,000 PER SEMESTER. In which case I still view CU as the only realistic option in CO.

I did apply to a couple schools in CA, UW Seattle, and UIC in addition to CU. Yes there are a lot of pharm schools in CA, but I was only really interested in a couple of them. I don't want to live in Southern CA anymore...I've spent the past few years here and I'm ready for a change. I am sure I'd love Denver when I get a chance to explore it. I've only heard good things about it! How's the public transportation? If you end up there, are you going to live near campus or commute?

I think we have pretty good public transportation. You can get around easily using the bus system or light rail. I would commute to campus, which will be about a 30 minute drive. Not bad.

I think we have pretty good public transportation. You can get around easily using the bus system or light rail. I would commute to campus, which will be about a 30 minute drive. Not bad.

Awesome, I'm a big fan of public transportation..sounds like it would be convenient to get around on. I'm so excited about CU! I just want to hear from them (and hopefully it will be an interview invite! ;))!!! Can't wait to see Denver for myself...

Awesome, I'm a big fan of public transportation..sounds like it would be convenient to get around on. I'm so excited about CU! I just want to hear from them (and hopefully it will be an interview invite! ;))!!! Can't wait to see Denver for myself...

Denver's public transportation system is just OK. Light rail only connects the SW and SE suburbs with downtown, the rest of the system won't be finished for 15 years or so (if it gets built at all). Fares just went up from $1.50 to $1.75 each way. There are only three routes that come onto campus - one comes from Boulder the other two from downtown (routes 15 and 20). Trip times from downtown are around 45 minutes and these routes are exercises in frustration.

There's another route that runs from downtown Denver and Aurora city center (15L) that's faster, at about 25 minutes from downtown but you have about a five block walk from Colfax Av to the education buildings. There are, apparently, no plans on the part of the transit authority (RTD, it's called) to increase service to the new campus.

So I encourage you guys who want to use public transit to get to school to ask lots of questions about that in your interview process. We're trying to put pressure on the administration to put more pressure on RTD to improve both the number of routes that serve the campus, but also connect it better with downtown (which is where those of us who attended the old campus live) and to institute some kind of bus pass policy to cut down the expense of using the system.

For those who hope to live near campus, be careful. The new campus is in the middle of a relatively bad area of town.

Oh, I forgot to add: Good luck on the application process!

Interview invitations were just sent out. Did anyone else get theirs? :):luck:

OHHH OOHHH I GOT MINE... I GOT MINE!!! I'm really really excited lol. I've never been to colorado so I really don't know what to expect... except for the cold!!! I need to do my research on hotels near the school and figure out transportation. other than that... YYYAAAYYY

The weather isn't too bad, but I guess if your coming from Texas it will be cold for you. Be sure to do a lot of research on those hotels. The area the school is located can be a bit shifty. What day are you interviewing?

hey guys, congrats!! I haven't heard anything yet :( what are your stats if you don't mind sharing, just wanna get an idea of where i stand. Thanks and gluck to you all !! :)

GPA 3.7
PCAT 70
BA in Psychology, Masters in Social Work
No Pharmacy experience
In State

GPA 3.98
PCAT 75%
No Pharmacy Experience
Involved in about 7 school organizations (not all pharmacy or health related)
Tons of Volunteer Experience
Worked while I was in school
Out-of-State

Does any one know how many people applied this year? I got this info from Pharm Cas for last year's stats:

Number interviewed - 300
Estimated number accepted - 157
Estimated entering class size - 135
Estimated male - 40%
Estimated female - 60 %
Number out-of-state - 50

So looks like about 50% of interviewees got an acceptance letter. I think those odds are pretty good. :thumbup:

Does any one know how many people applied this year? I got this info from Pharm Cas for last year's stats:

Number interviewed - 300
Estimated number accepted - 157
Estimated entering class size - 135
Estimated male - 40%
Estimated female - 60 %
Number out-of-state - 50

So looks like about 50% of interviewees got an acceptance letter. I think those odds are pretty good. :thumbup:

I saw that on pharmcas too. And it looks to be that your chance of acceptance is greater than 50% if you're a state resident. Guess that pushes out-of-staters like me down to below 50% chance of acceptance. Lol.

And the two stats posted above-- the gpas are so much better than mine!! I received an invite too but my overall gpa is only 3.08. PCAT 86. :)

I think it is a bit more competitive for out of state students but I still think you have a good shot. What day are you interviewing?

I think it is a bit more competitive for out of state students but I still think you have a good shot. What day are you interviewing?

I chose Feb 15. How about you? I would have gone for the 8th or 11th, but I have biochem and a&p exams that week. Poo...

I chose Feb 15. How about you? I would have gone for the 8th or 11th, but I have biochem and a&p exams that week. Poo...

Hi,

I just requested the 15th as well. I was thinking about the 8th, but I've got two interviews next weekend and figured I could use a bit of a break between them and the Colorado one..

See you there!

Hey k0ni...I was wondering when you submitted your supplemental? And has PharmCAS already processed and sent out your academic update? Mine is taking forever...so I was wondering if they wait to send out interview invites until after they've received the update? I'm just trying to keep my hopes up here! ;)

cal687 -- Let's see.. I'm really not all that sure but I can check dates for you. Pharmcas has 12/28 listed as the date they received my updated transcript and on that same day, I received an email from them saying my update was complete and that my transcripts would be sent out within a week. As far as when the schools received the update, I don't know.

I'd guess that the schools did receive the AU but I don't know if they've taken a look at it yet. Sorry, I don't have any answers! But I hope that you hear some good news soon. :)

Oh yeah, and I submitted my supplemental sometime in July. Early huh? Lol.

dt30 -- see you on the 15th and good luck on your upcoming interviews!

I picked February 8th for the interview because I was hoping the earlier I interview the sooner I will hear from them. I have had it with all the anticipation. This is such a long and drawn out process. I know it was this for undergrad or my masters program. Any one else interviewing on the 8th?

cal687 -- Let's see.. I'm really not all that sure but I can check dates for you. Pharmcas has 12/28 listed as the date they received my updated transcript and on that same day, I received an email from them saying my update was complete and that my transcripts would be sent out within a week. As far as when the schools received the update, I don't know.

I'd guess that the schools did receive the AU but I don't know if they've taken a look at it yet. Sorry, I don't have any answers! But I hope that you hear some good news soon. :)

Oh yeah, and I submitted my supplemental sometime in July. Early huh? Lol.

dt30 -- see you on the 15th and good luck on your upcoming interviews!

Cool, thank you for checking for me! My AU hasn't even been processed yet..like my GPA hasn't been re-calculated. So I don't think they've received it yet. Oh well, I'm just going to have to be patient here! Good luck to you guys on your interviews! :)

I also am interviewing on the 15th at CU. Do you guys know what the essay is supposed to be like?

I heard they give you an article to read and then have you write an essay on what you read. But I also heard the whole interview process at CU is very low key and low anxiety inducing. ;)

I am interviewing on the 20th =) lol i hate the idea of interviewing on a wednesday... esp since i'm down in texas but its all good!!!

I also am interviewing on the 15th at CU. Do you guys know what the essay is supposed to be like?

Hey everybody,

I just wanted to mention my experience from interviewing last year at CU. It was very enjoyable and easy going. Everyone was very kind and I didn't feel any kind of pressure at all, I wish I could say the same for the other schools I interviewed at. During my interview there was about 25ppl a nice change from 80ppl at other schools, so you get a lot of attention and all your questions answered instead of being lost in the crowd.
As for the essay part, it's fairly straighforward just answer their question in essay form. Anyhow I wish you all the best of luck.

Anyone know anything about the tests? I was reading the interview feedback and one person mentioned a biology test & math test. :confused:

Anyone know anything about the tests? I was reading the interview feedback and one person mentioned a biology test & math test. :confused:

Koni,

If I can recall correctly the math test was simply just Algebra, nothing difficult or hard at all and as the for the biology test if you took biology in college you should be fine the questions are very basic nothing nitty gritty or difficult. Good luck.

Ohh, I see. That doesn't sound too bad then. :) Thanks for the quick reply!

Hey Everyone.

Congrats on the interview invites! I'm still waiting...Was the invite through mail or email? For those who were invited, when did you submit the app?

OOOOoooo the stress!:eek:

I am looking at the schedule for interview day and I don't see any time for a test. Only the 30mins to write an essay. I was under the impression that there wont be any math and biology quiz because this year they are using the PCAT to gauge those abilities. Maybe I will study a little just in case.

The invite was via email on the 24th. I submited my Pharmcas in late Oct.

Hmm.. I need to go shopping for cold weather clothes! The weather seems to be in the 30-40's according to MSN's forecast. I freeze at 60! What a perfect excuse to shop. Hahaha. :D

I got an email from them saying I needed to take a phone interview before they could formally invite me to interview...because they had to make sure I could speak English. Not so bad, but they were very specific it had to be on a landline. I live 3 hours away from home, none of my friends here have landlines, the profs said I asked apologetically said I can't use their phones because it would tie it up for 30 mins (length of the phone interview), and my school ripped out all the public pay phones years ago. Grrr. I have no idea what I'm going to do

I have 2 degrees from a public div I school in the US, worked 2 full time jobs, lived in the states for 18 years (moved when I was 5 years old w my fam), and am a naturalized US citizen. And why wouldn't I be able to speak English? Sorry folks I'm usually not a venter but this totally blew my bones (I have exams galore this week and next). Ahhh. I am at a loss, but today I'm going to try to find somewhere that I can use a landline.

I got an email from them saying I needed to take a phone interview before they could formally invite me to interview...because they had to make sure I could speak English. Not so bad, but they were very specific it had to be on a landline. I live 3 hours away from home, none of my friends here have landlines, the profs said I asked apologetically said I can't use their phones because it would tie it up for 30 mins (length of the phone interview), and my school ripped out all the public pay phones years ago. Grrr. I have no idea what I'm going to do

I have 2 degrees from a public div I school in the US, worked 2 full time jobs, lived in the states for 18 years (moved when I was 5 years old w my fam), and am a naturalized US citizen. And why wouldn't I be able to speak English? Sorry folks I'm usually not a venter but this totally blew my bones (I have exams galore this week and next). Ahhh. I am at a loss, but today I'm going to try to find somewhere that I can use a landline.

Hi,

I received the same email from them saying I have to go through an oral proficiency interview before the actual one. I am wondering what it's gonna be like? I don't think it will be that bad, but kind of frustrating though; I don't have a land phone, so have to bother other people. I am not even sure if I'll be going there for an interview if I get invited, I'm already in for the one I really like:love:. I've never done the phone interview before, so it'll be interesting.

Hey everybody,
I haven't heard anything from Colorado yet and I sent my application in October. I recently got an email saying they got all my materials...but should I call them to see what is up or wait a little longer?