Anyone else applied to SUNY DOWNSTATE program??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Biogirl804

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All, I was just wondering if anyone else applied to this program? Im kinda nervous about it but we will see.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello All, I was just wondering if anyone else applied to this program? Im kinda nervous about it but we will see.

I've applied there, but they haven't invited me to an interview yet! And this is kind of strange because they recieved my application before early deadline. I thought my chances of getting accepted there were good, but now I'm not so sure.

It seems like a long time since I applied, as well! I thought maybe I got scrapped since I didn't hear about an interview, but I just received a letter from them saying they have all my stuff and are processing my application.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also just got the letter saying my application is ready to be fwded to the PT department - but they had everything since early November!

They must have some hold up with the processing, becasue I also expected at least an interview.

I emailed to try to find out how long it would take to hear, since I needed to let another school know if I would accept their offer, but didn't even get a response from SUNY.

I just got that same letter today...but i called them up last week and they said that I was competitive for interview. They said they'd be in touch with me about scheduling one soon...

Yea the samething with me. I received a letter saying that they are processing my application.

Hello all
Though I did not apply to the PT program, I can give some news about SUNY Downstate OT department. I dont know whats going on in the PT department, but I can say the in terms of the OT department they took quite a while to call me for an interview and I applied in late august. But they already sent out acceptance letters. good luck to all I just think its a matter of time.

This is rediculous. I still haven't heard from them!:mad:

I've heard that SUNY is unorganized and tends to respond late, or not at all.

FYI, I got a call on Friday to schedule an interview. I'll be meeting with them on Wednesday.

I got into Hunter and already accepted a place there because I had to let them know by mid-December, but am also interested in SUNY.

Anyone have thoughts on comparing the programs - if I do end up accepted to both, I am not sure how to decide. Hunter is slightly cheaper, and has a great reputation, but SUNY has nice facilities and is also appealing to me.

Anyone know the inside scoop on *both* programs care to shed some light on their pros and cons comparatively?

I finally got a phone message from SUNY regarding the interview today. If anyone interviewed with them already please tell me what they asked.

i never got that letter. and i to am still wiating for a call for an interview

i never got that letter. and i to am still wiating for a call for an interview

That thread was from previous years and not this application cycle. I am not sure if they have started calling candidates for interviews as yet. Let's cross fingers that you will get a call soon.

anyone heard from downstate for an interview for the 2012 PT program

I would like to know too. A friend told me that she heard they may have started. I am going to give them a call tomorrow. Maybe you should too.

Hi, I applied to Downstate mid-November last year and they just e-mailed me today about an interview. Just a heads up.

I would like to know too. A friend told me that she heard they may have started. I am going to give them a call tomorrow. Maybe you should too.
Hi, I applied to Downstate last November and just received an e-mail today about an interview. Just giving a heads up.

I applied to Downstate as well, does anyone happen to know how they contact the student if they have been selected for an interview? I guess by email or mail ? I emailed them this morning but I haven't heard back, usually they are pretty quick with replies!

They sent me an email, maybe you would want to give them a call. I interviewed about week and half ago.

I see, alright! Thanks! Haven't heard back from other places, getting kind of scared! Good luck to you
: )