Program-Specific Info / Q's Anyone apply to MUSC early decision?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone emailed or called to see when we should be expecting letters or emails?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If anyone calls please please please let us know what you hear!

I called and they told me the same thing they said a few weeks ago. Applicants will be notified this week!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I called and they told me the same thing they said a few weeks ago. Applicants will be notified this week!
Thank you!! They said that for early decision and then it wound up being the Monday after! Hopefully it is this week. I can't take the waiting anymore

Thank you!! They said that for early decision and then it wound up being the Monday after! Hopefully it is this week. I can't take the waiting anymore
Me either! MUSC is the only school I haven't heard back from. It's my top choice, so I can't make a decision until I know their decision. Waiting to hear back from programs has been more stressful than the application process itself!!

I have yet to hear back from any schools :( None of the schools I applied to send out letters until March or April. But MUSC is my top choice so I'm hoping to get in there so then I don't have to do anymore interviews lol

Does anyone have an idea of what day this week to expect the e-mail? I get nervous every time I see I have a new one! I need to calm my nerves haha

Does anyone have an idea of what day this week to expect the e-mail? I get nervous every time I see I have a new one! I need to calm my nerves haha

I got mine at 12:30 for early decision back in December.

I agree with 4EverAJerseyGirl, the notices for Early Decision didn't come until the Monday after the week they were supposed to be sent out. And aneilin is also right, the emails came around midday- both acceptances and wait-list notices at the same time. Given that they probably won't come after 5 PM or on a weekend... You can at least have a few hours to relax between now and then! I've been trying to stay busy with reading, cooking, crafting, etc, and it really has helped! Good luck everyone!! :)

I am hoping but for some reason even though they said this week I feel like we won't hear back until next :(

I was told that the decisions would be going out at the end of this week or the beginning of next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told that the decisions would be going out at the end of this week or the beginning of next week.
When did they say that? Just trying to compare to what they said Monday that they would be coming out this week.

OT_S, I received and email a little after lunch time yesterday stating that decisions should be going out at the end of this week or the beginning of next week.

Fingers crossed we hear something today!!

Just heard from MUSC so hopefully the rest of you hear today too!

I just heard back too. I'm on the alternate list, which is better than nothing!

Accepted!! Looking forward to meeting all of you and good luck to the rest!! :)

Does anybody have an idea of how many people are usually on the alternate list?

I have no idea. I know a current student that is in the OT program now at MUSC and she said that she thinks about half of the class came off of the alternate list.

I have no idea. I know a current student that is in the OT program now at MUSC and she said that she thinks about half of the class came off of the alternate list.
Well that's encouraging! Definitely crossing my fingers. I hope that whoever decides not to attend decides soon, all this waiting is really hard. And this seems to be an even worse kind of waiting, because there isn't a guarantee that we'll hear anything!

Does everyone get put on the alternative list if you didn't get in?

**i got on the alternative list, just wondering if anyone actually gets "denied"
They actually accidentally sent me two emails. The first said I was on the alternate list and the second was a denial. I called Dr. Bowman to clear it up, so he checked on it for me and luckily I was indeed on the alternate list! Just based off of my experience I think there are some people who do get denied.

They actually accidentally sent me two emails. The first said I was on the alternate list and the second was a denial. I called Dr. Bowman to clear it up, so he checked on it for me and luckily I was indeed on the alternate list! Just based off of my experience I think there are some people who do get denied.
That would be scary, but glad you made it! Did you ask any other questions about the alternate list? Like how many people are put on it or how many typically get in from the alternate list?

That would be scary, but glad you made it! Did you ask any other questions about the alternate list? Like how many people are put on it or how many typically get in from the alternate list?
No, unfortunately I didn't! I didn't think to at the time.

Does anybody know when those who have been offered acceptance have to let MUSC know if they are accepting the offer or not? Anybody on the alternate list hear anything?

Early decision had exactly three weeks to turn deposits. I'm guessing regular decision would be about the same.

Does anybody know when those who have been offered acceptance have to let MUSC know if they are accepting the offer or not? Anybody on the alternate list hear anything?
Deposits/commitments must be sent in by March 20th.

Does anyone know if they've started sending out anymore acceptances yet (to replace those that declined acceptance first go around)?

I'm not sure. I know a person who was on the waitlist last year and I think she found out that she was accepted the Friday after the deposits were due. So that would be this coming Friday. Ich0005, have you called and inquired about your position on the waitlist?

I'm not sure. I know a person who was on the waitlist last year and I think she found out that she was accepted the Friday after the deposits were due. So that would be this coming Friday. Ich0005, have you called and inquired about your position on the waitlist?
No... I didn't think I should since it says in the email that they won't tell you what your position on it is. I'm just getting so anxious! I know I'm going to like the other program I'll be attending if I'm not taken off the alternate list, but MUSC is my top top choice and I want to attend there SO bad. Am I the only one stressing about this still??
Did you call and ask where you were on the list bhansen? If you did, did they tell you?

Last edited:
I feel you. I'm stressed out about it, too. I did call and inquire about my position on the list. I just asked them if they could give me an IDEA of where I was on the list. (I know they can't tell me exactly where I am). He told me that I would not be the next one called off of the list, but that I wasn't too far down it. He said that there is a chance I will be accepted and a chance I won't be accepted. Just depends on who accepts and who declines. I'm guessing that most of the people who will be called off of the waitlist will be notified this week or next.

No... I didn't think I should since it says in the email that they won't tell you what your position on it is. I'm just getting so anxious! I know I'm going to like the other program I'll be attending if I'm not taken off the alternate list, but MUSC is my top top choice and I want to attend there SO bad. Am I the only one stressing about this still??
Did you call and ask where you were on the list bhansen? If you did, did they tell you?
I am also on the waitlist and also very stressed out right now!!! My sister-in-law went through this process at MUSC about 3 years ago and she was accepted off the waitlist mid April. I just hope we hear soon!!!

I feel you. I'm stressed out about it, too. I did call and inquire about my position on the list. I just asked them if they could give me an IDEA of where I was on the list. (I know they can't tell me exactly where I am). He told me that I would not be the next one called off of the list, but that I wasn't too far down it. He said that there is a chance I will be accepted and a chance I won't be accepted. Just depends on who accepts and who declines. I'm guessing that most of the people who will be called off of the waitlist will be notified this week or next.
Who did you call to inquire about your position? Just the OT admissions office number?

Oh I didn't think to put ask it that way! I might do that too... it seems like it'd be easier on the nerves to know at least the timing of when you could possibly hear from them!

I am also on the waitlist and also very stressed out right now!!! My sister-in-law went through this process at MUSC about 3 years ago and she was accepted off the waitlist mid April. I just hope we hear soon!!!
I'm glad to know I'm not alone!!! Mid April isn't too far away either, though! That's like 2 or 2 and a half weeks. I hope that if I do hear back it's no later than mid April, since it seems like it would be difficult to arrange everything for moving there before classes start much later than that. Crossing my fingers we hear back!!

I got an email this morning moving me off of the waitlist! Hopefully you guys hear soon as more people are turning down the offers :)

I got an email this morning moving me off of the waitlist! Hopefully you guys hear soon as more people are turning down the offers :)
That's awesome! Did it say how long you have before you need to send your decision in?

Nice. Thanks for letting me know. I'm really hoping that I get called off of the list. I think that my stats are pretty similar to yours so i'm hoping that I'm not too much further down the list.

Does anyone know someone that has been accepted who is still taking the last prerequisites?? Or are any of you on the wait list still in classes? I'm currently in my last two: Developmental and Human Anatomy. I have an A in both classes but I feel like its holding back my application.

Does anyone know someone that has been accepted who is still taking the last prerequisites?? Or are any of you on the wait list still in classes? I'm currently in my last two: Developmental and Human Anatomy. I have an A in both classes but I feel like its holding back my application.
I'm on the alternate list and taking just the last prerequisite I needed (Human Growth and Development). I hope that's not something that will hold an application back! I bet if all the other prerequisite grades are good, then they probably feel like they can reasonably expect the remaining ones to be be good grades as well.

I'm on the alternate list and i'm still finishing up abnormal psych.

Ok, just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone there!!

Are all of you from SC? Wondering what it is like for an out of state student to get in...