Program-Specific Info / Q's MUSC OTD Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mabOT

Reaction score
I got an email this past week from MUSC saying they would be sending emails out in mid-December for January interviews. I wanted to make this thread to see when people hear back from them!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I also applied and am awaiting their decision for interviews. Commenting on this thread to stay in the loop when everyone starts hearing decisions :)

Reactions: 1 users
I am also waiting for the interview decision! Commenting to follow and will update if I hear anything :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Waiting for an interview email as well! Thanks for starting the thread! This waiting game is THE WORST!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I also applied to MUSC—commenting to get updates on this page! :) curious to know what other schools y’all applied to?

I also applied to MUSC—commenting to get updates on this page! :) curious to know what other schools y’all applied to?
Hi! In addition to MUSC I applied to VCU, WashU, Boston University, MGH, Belmont, Tufts, and Ohio State. I’ve been accepted to Belmont and Tufts. I’ve been rejected from Boston University and MGH. I interviewed for WashU but am still waiting to hear from them.

I also applied to WNE, MGH, Midwestern (AZ), Indiana, Ohio State, Pacific, Western Michigan, Toledo, and Johnson and Wales. I’ve been accepted to WNE, Toledo, MGH, Indiana, and Johnson and Wales. Waitlisted for Midwestern. How about you?

I also applied to WNE, MGH, Midwestern (AZ), Indiana, Ohio State, Pacific, Western Michigan, Toledo, and Johnson and Wales. I’ve been accepted to WNE, Toledo, MGH, Indiana, and Johnson and Wales. Waitlisted for Midwestern. How about you?
Accepted to Georgia State, Augusta University, and UT Chattanooga! Still waiting on decisions from UF, UAB, Brenau, and St. Augustine

Accepted to Georgia State, Augusta University, and UT Chattanooga! Still waiting on decisions from UF, UAB, Brenau, and St. Augustine
How early did you submit your application for Augusta and how early did you hear? I did the prerecorded video about a month ago but haven't heard anything since!

How early did you submit your application for Augusta and how early did you hear? I did the prerecorded video about a month ago but haven't heard anything since!
It felt like they took forever!! I submitted my video Oct. 23 and was accepted Dec. 2. I decided to turn it down (kinda sad bc i wanted to go there but they don’t offer OTD). I know they’re still offering acceptances, so hopefully you’ll hear soon!

Hi! In addition to MUSC I applied to VCU, WashU, Boston University, MGH, Belmont, Tufts, and Ohio State. I’ve been accepted to Belmont and Tufts. I’ve been rejected from Boston University and MGH. I interviewed for WashU but am still waiting to hear from them.
Hi there! Congrats on your acceptances so far. How was Belmont's interview? I have mine scheduled for February!

Members don't see this ad :)
It felt like they took forever!! I submitted my video Oct. 23 and was accepted Dec. 2. I decided to turn it down (kinda sad bc i wanted to go there but they don’t offer OTD). I know they’re still offering acceptances, so hopefully you’ll hear soon!
I feel like it’s taking forever but yes hopefully I hear soon. Thank you and congrats on being accepted even though you turned it down!!

Hi there! Congrats on your acceptances so far. How was Belmont's interview? I have mine scheduled for February!
Thank you! Belmont's interview wasn't too bad. I talked to two different people each for 15 minute and they both asked me 4-5 questions!

I received an email from MUSC this afternoon about choosing an interview day in January. I hope you all got an email as well!

I received an email from MUSC this afternoon about choosing an interview day in January. I hope you all got an email as well!
What time did you get the email? I haven’t received anything from them yet

I got it at 3:10 as well but will be declining my opportunity to interview. From what I read in the email this means another person will get my interview slot, so best of luck!!

I also got an email with an interview invitation today around 3:09pm!

I got an email saying that I am on a list of alternates for an interview and will be notified if a spot opens or if all interviews are completed

Can anyone confirm what the dates of the interviews are? Just so I can have an idea when I may hear about being an alternate by or if they are almost done interviewing. Thank you!!

Can anyone confirm what the dates of the interviews are? Just so I can have an idea when I may hear about being an alternate by or if they are almost done interviewing. Thank you!!
The interview dates are January 22nd and 29th! Good luck!

I got an email about an interview yesterday as well! So excited to have my interview. Does anyone exactly how the day is going to run? I understand that it is going to run from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm, but are there going to be long breaks in between?

I got an email about an interview yesterday as well! So excited to have my interview. Does anyone exactly how the day is going to run? I understand that it is going to run from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm, but are there going to be long breaks in between?
I am sure they will give you a detailed itinerary as it gets closer to your interview date. I had an interview that went from 8am-2pm and they gave a lunch break and a lot of 10-15 minute breaks in-between so I would imagine yours would work similarly.

Has anyone been pulled from the alternate list yet?
I just was today but I'm not sure if I am going to accept the interview spot or not. At this point I had pretty much decided on another program. Do you guys have any thoughts on MUSC's program?

Not yet! Have you?
Nope! I feel like they're removing people off the waitlist as people decline the interview offers. I saw a post on an old forum about someone hearing from them 2 days before the interview.

I know this is unlikely, but does anyone have any insight as to what the MUSC interviews are like or what kind of questions they ask? Just trying to figure out how to best prepare!

I was pulled off the alternate list yesterday and will be interviewing on 1/29. I just wanted to let you know that there is still hope for those of you on the alternate list!! :)

Hi! Has anyone received an email yet further outlining the interview schedule? The last email they sent said they would send one Thursday afternoon, but I still haven’t gotten anything :/

Hi! Has anyone received an email yet further outlining the interview schedule? The last email they sent said they would send one Thursday afternoon, but I still haven’t gotten anything :/
I just got the email a few minutes ago! Do you think the interviews are one on one or group? My first 2 interviews are 40 minutes and my third one is 20 minutes so I’m a bit confused with the time difference.

I just got the email a few minutes ago! Do you think the interviews are one on one or group? My first 2 interviews are 40 minutes and my third one is 20 minutes so I’m a bit confused with the time difference.
Mhm I am expecting one group interview and then two one on one? But I honestly have no clue lol. All of my interviews are 40 minutes though

Hey! I popped on here to ask the same question! I assume that it will be group interviews. They can't possibly have time for each applicant to meet with THREE FACULTY members for 40min each!!

Best of luck to all of those who interviewed today! I hope it went well. How does everyone feel it went?

Best of luck to all of those who interviewed today! I hope it went well. How does everyone feel it went?
Personally, I felt excellent about two of my interviews. My third interview left me feeling worrisome since the interviewer seemed dispassionate, but perhaps it was all in my head. I am just excited to find out the results.

Hey guys! Just posting to try and stay updated on when acceptance letters start rolling out! Super nervous and excited!

Posting to follow this thread! I interviewed on 1/29 and getting anxious to hear back!

Is anyone else absolutely set on MUSC? If I am accepted I will definitely be putting a deposit down. I felt great about my interviews but there were so many great applicants so I’m definitely super nervous!

Is anyone else absolutely set on MUSC? If I am accepted I will definitely be putting a deposit down. I felt great about my interviews but there were so many great applicants so I’m definitely super nervous!
If I get accepted then I will definitely be going! It is by far my #1 school.

If I get accepted then I will definitely be going! It is by far my #1 school.
Same! I have a back up that I love but MUSC still tops it. Good luck to everyone, hope we all get good news!

Does anyone know how they inform students of their status? Is it by mail and/or email? I know some schools send a letter first and then an email at a later date to allocate time for the letter to arrive.

Does anyone know how they inform students of their status? Is it by mail and/or email? I know some schools send a letter first and then an email at a later date to allocate time for the letter to arrive.
I don't know, but I'm getting nervous!!

Just got an email that they are sending decisions next week!

Anyone else getting really nervous? 😅 Other schools I have applied to have a deadline for their deposit coming up in the next few weeks. I am worried that if I am waitlisted at MUSC I may have to make a tough unwanted decision concerning paying my deposit and ensuring I go somewhere versus waiting on MUSC. Anyone else in a similar boat?

Anyone else getting really nervous? 😅 Other schools I have applied to have a deadline for their deposit coming up in the next few weeks. I am worried that if I am waitlisted at MUSC I may have to make a tough unwanted decision concerning paying my deposit and ensuring I go somewhere versus waiting on MUSC. Anyone else in a similar boat?
I unfortunately made the decision about a month ago not to put a deposit down at a school I got accepted at because I really could not see myself attending. Since then, I have been waitlisted at multiple programs so I’m really praying it works out with MUSC! I know it’s a financial burden, but I seriously reccommend putting down a deposit and securing your spot somewhere else if waitlisted at MUSC, just in case! It’s a total waiting game for me now and I regret not putting down the deposit just to ensure I’d be going somewhere!

Has anybody heard anything today? My friend who also went through interviews asked me if I got an email and I haven’t yet and I’m kind of freaking out