Any interviews yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Skip Intro said:
You guys are bumming me out. I've only gotten three invites so far.

:(

-Skip
Hey Skip,
Congrats on the interview offers. Sorry to hear that things are still moving slow. Just hang in there. Things should move more quickly after Nov 1st. I hope you get the best anesthesia program that you want. Good luck to you.

Members don't see this ad.

nyu today 10/20.

i would like to echo dr g... i hope all goes well for EVERYONE out there. this is a tough time of year. either way... skip, please keep in mind that you HAVE THREE interviews. some may not be so lucky.

good day today (and yesterday)

Duke 10/19
NYU 10/20
Yale 10/20

Again...congrats to everyone and can't wait to meet some of you out on the interview trail.

cheers :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Loma Linda via email

jayhawk said:
good day today (and yesterday)

Duke 10/19
NYU 10/20
Yale 10/20

Again...congrats to everyone and can't wait to meet some of you out on the interview trail.

cheers :)
I do not blame you if you don't answer my question, but I was wondering what king of step scores you had to get interviews at those programs. Thanks for the help for a future applicant.

i already answered your question when you asked it at the very beginning of this thread. ;) look on page 1 or 2 or 3...

i also feel that step scores are not the only thing that land you interviews and that you while they are super important, there are other things you should focus on, like doing well in your 3rd year rotations, having leadership or being active in extracurricular activities, and forming good relationships with physicians who can write you a personal and strong LOR.

hope this helps. best wishes to you.

andwhat said:
University of Miami - email.

I got invited again ,by University of Miami
I guess it was their distribution e mail gone bersek....

Must be University of Miami's day to send out invites... me too.

-Skip

What the...

Now I just get this email from University of Miami:

Dear Applicant:

Those of you that have received an invitation for interview through e-mail,
today at around 3:07pm, should disregard the invitation.

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with our ERAS server,
therefore, an e-mail was sent out inadvertently to you.

We sincerely apologize for any confusion or inconvenience that this may have
caused. Again we apologize for the inconvenience and wish you the best of luck
in your future endeavor.

Thank you.

What the f*** does that mean? I got the email invite around noon today, not 3:07 PM? Am I invited or not?

:confused:

Skip Intro said:
What the...

Now I just get this email from University of Miami:

What the f*** does that mean? I got the email invite around noon today, not 3:07 PM? Am I invited or not?

:confused:

I got the same email just now (6:45). My interview email was sent at 3:45. I guess I would just read it as it is, that if you got the invitation dated 3:07pm that they must have shanked it. Anyways, I was reading on scutwork.com that their program works people pretty hard...

Members don't see this ad :)
Drexel 10/15
Loyola 10/19
Wash U. 10/20

-B

What the ... Well, I guess no trip to miami for me anytime soon.

UMass
Rochester
Baystate
Bringham and Women's
UConn
Albany
Pitt
Penn State
UVa

wangstar said:
I got the same email just now (6:45). My interview email was sent at 3:45. I guess I would just read it as it is, that if you got the invitation dated 3:07pm that they must have shanked it. Anyways, I was reading on scutwork.com that their program works people pretty hard...

I would recommend putting your sour grapes on hold, e-mailing them back and requesting an exact status of your application before making any assumptions. They owe you that much, and what have you to lose?

Wash U. today (10/20) via email....thought it was never gonna come. It was sent at 8:30 P.M.????

St. Vincent's (NY)
Saint Lukes-Roosevelt (NY)
UMDNJ-Newark (NJ)
UMiami (FL)
SUNY StonyBrook (NY)

Transitional
Maimonides (NY)

Prelim IM
UMDNJ Newark (NJ) :D
New York Medical College Richmond (Staten Island, NY)
Montefiore/Albert Einstein (NY)
Staten Island University Hospital (NY)

Reject
Cornell :(
I guess it's giong ok, just waiting to hear from my top choices now :scared:

Pre-lim
Newark Beth Isreal (NJ)

Medical Colledge of Georgia by e-mail 10/21

Pre-lim
Westchester Medical Center (NY)

I applied to way too many pre-lim programs

hoyden said:
Medical Colledge of Georgia by e-mail 10/21

Great!!!
very bad they dont sponsor visas :)
All the best to you...

UCSD - Today via e-mail

Thanks, Serenity.
Same to you and many more invites :)

UCSD today also.....guess they didn't wait for the dean's letter after all. Not holding my breath yet for UCSF......probably have to wait until November before anyone hears from them.

Penn State, 10/21 by email

I may not have heard from all my programs yet, but at least no one's turned me down yet. :thumbup: So far:

South Pointe Hosp. (DO)
Doctors Hosp. West (DO)

U. of Kentucky
Penn State
Cleveland Clinic
Case Western

- Joe

InductionAgent said:
I would recommend putting your sour grapes on hold, e-mailing them back and requesting an exact status of your application before making any assumptions. They owe you that much, and what have you to lose?

i'm saying i applied there and probably wouldn't interview there despite what that email means at this point, i'm pretty much booked.

got UCLA today - sweet

UCLA today by e-mail :) :luck:

Hope I didn't get anyone too excited (myself included), but upon further review it was UCSD, not UCSF.

UCONN and St. Rapheal for preliminary medicine (10/22) email

rejected by Baystate via snail mail.......ouch :eek:

i've been reading this forum for awhile...it's about time i contribute. :)

Anesthesia
UC Irvine (9/30)
UCLA Harbor (10/05)
Columbia (10/05)
UC Davis (10/12)
NYU (10/19)
Loma Linda (10/20)
Cornell (10/20)
UCLA (10/21)
UCSD (10/21)

Transitional
Arrowhead Hospital (10/01)
INOVA (10/06)
Kerns (10/21)

HAS ANYBODY HEARD FROM ANY BOSTON PROGRAMS EXCEPT FOR mgh?

DO student from NYCOM....applied to 30 programs (def too many..but better safe than sorry i guess)....took comlex 1, 2 and Usmle 1.....1 anesthesia, 2 medicine letters....did rotation at UPENN and Mt Sinai is next.....

so far

Sinai
UPENN
Dartmouth
UMich
UPitt
SLR
Monte
Cleveland Clinic
Hopkins (x2)
Rochestor
Stony Brook
UCONN
miami (x2)
Rush
Henry Ford

nothing from boston programs yet (applied to BID and BWH)???

no rejections yet :)knocking on wood: )

heard from Brigham on 10/8/04

BLAZMAN234 said:
HAS ANYBODY HEARD FROM ANY BOSTON PROGRAMS EXCEPT FOR mgh?

Nope. Not a peep. (And, I applied everywhere except MGH... 'cuz I knew I didn't have a prayer anyway.)

-Skip

Swaydaa said:
rejected by Baystate via snail mail.......ouch :eek:

Cripes. Haven't heard from them yet, but I'm sure I'm next... got the big "reject" from Med Coll of Georgia today, too (granted it was already very low on my list anyway so it wasn't too much of a blow... if you haven't yet been to Augusta, you won't know what I'm talking about ;) ).

-Skip

Anybody know anything about western pensylvania? simulator??? cardiac/neuro? :confused:

sevoflurane said:
Anybody know anything about western pensylvania? simulator??? cardiac/neuro? :confused:

Hey Sevo, I'm looking for info too. You might want to start a new thread so it grabs more attention.

Received an invite from Albany Medical Center (10/22) via email.

got the invite from B&W the other day by phone.
Also Duke recently

Got my first rejection today...from Loyola (IL) via email :eek:

Surprisingly, I am not all that upset about it. I have a theory about this one, however. Given that I have received invites from a few upper tier programs (Cleveland Clinic, Kentucky), I think I got the axe from Loyola 'cuz I didn't have USMLE scores (COMLEX only) and no step 2's either. Some programs are likely to be a little more picky, I suppose, because of the number of applicants this year.

The programs in Chicago have had their stock fall with me lately, so I'm focusing more on other areas. C'est la vie!!

- Joe

drsleepytime said:
Surprisingly, I am not all that upset about it. .... Some programs are likely to be a little more picky, I suppose, because of the number of applicants this year.

I felt the same way about MCG. I applied there in the first place as a "back-up", and I'm not all that disappointed about getting a rejection.

I can't blame certain programs for trying to "improve their image" andget what they perceive to be the highest caliber applicants (at least on paper) into their programs. But, I think some of these programs, given their track record, are going to be a little disappointed come Match time and will end-up scrambling people into unfilled spots - as they've done in the past. I just don't think they're going to have the luxury they now think they do because, besides the increased interest this year, there's not going to be a huge excess of applicants to fill their spots. Just my impression.

-Skip

sevoflurane said:

I don't know about the West Penn program (I didn't even know they had one!). But UPMC has an awesome new simulator facility. I don't know if West Penn residents rotate through UPMC at all. Maybe they get to use the Pitt simulator too. Sorry couldn't be more helpful.

So far sorry dont remember all the dates of the new ones

U of Iowa
U of Michigan
U of Rush
Cleveland Clinic
U of Miami (10/4)
Einstein (10/6)
Ill. Masonic
Medical College of Wisc
Loyola

Swaydaa said:
Hey Sevo, I'm looking for info too. You might want to start a new thread so it grabs more attention.

Received an invite from Albany Medical Center (10/22) via email.

Nobody seems to respond.West penn doesnt have much info on their website

finally heard from my home program on 10/21...

rock chalk jayhawk...KU!