AMPLE Part 3 Study guide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D W

Reaction score
What "hard" study guides/materials (books and such) are people using that are considered most helpful to successfully take APMLE Part 3? I know Vitals QBank and such are out there for online, I just haven't heard anything about whatever you can put in your bag without a lap top. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

My study strategy for part 3 was that I flipped through the PI Manual for about 4h the day before the test while watching Cartoon Network. Good times.

There's a whole thread about this on the student forums. inb4 🔒

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you have to study for part 3 you’re a dum dum
That easy huh? That's what I heard, however wasn't sure. I have heard others say to study for three months before taking it and to study like you did for parts one and two.

I took it last year. Do not waste your time studying for this exam.
Why wouldn't you study at all? Others said to study like you did for parts one and two. Although others have said to watch cartoons instead! I suspect there is a medium though.

That easy huh? That's what I heard, however wasn't sure. I have heard others say to study for three months before taking it and to study like you did for parts one and two.
Part 1 - 3 months
Part 2 - 3 weeks
Part 3 - 3 days

Just skim and review Pocket Pods, be sure you know gen/pod med well.

• Haha
Agree with above... pt 2 and pt 3 are minimum competency exams. ... they're basically the same tests. You should know plenty from clerkship/interview studying of manuals, textbooks, etc. You should dedicate very little studying to actually focus on those pt2 and pt3 exams (maybe just old questions/manuals/books for them, review bone and skin tumors and bugs/abx that are easy to ask/answer on boards, etc).

The only tests you really want to study for in all of podiatry are pt1 (moreso because of how important it is and how detrimental it is to fail it, not that it's actually all that hard if you're a decent student) and later on, the ABFAS exams (fairly/very hard and for most ppl, needs studying and familiarization with CBPS format even if you were a good student).

Any other exams are ones you already know plenty by doing well in pod school and studying for the main pt1 and ABFAS tests.

Reactions: 1 users
hardest exam i've ever taken. Started day one of pod school for part 3 and i still have no idea how i passed

Will using the same resources from Part 2 be useful for Part 3? (Ultimate Study Guide PDF, Word Docs of practice questions, etc.) ??

Members don't see this ad :)
4 more days until a handful of interns take part 3...how is everyone doing with studying?

Anyone have any old practice tests for part 3 from prometric?

Well, officially done giving money to the scam known as the APMLE

Last edited:
Are you really done? ACFAS, ABFAS, ABPM, ACPM, APMA and your state association are all waiting for you.

You will never defeat Thanos "The hardest choices require the strongest wills".
lol, hopefully those are more actual tests rather than whatever Part 3 is supposed to be

Yes. But don’t burn yourself out.
can someone post the ultimate study guide thing everyone is talking about? And if someone just studies that study guide they will pass? This is all i have. Is this it? I've heard the exam has changed a lot since the past couple years and has become harder. I'm taking it this May (2024). Def having some anxiety about it. Any and all help will be appreciated!

Attachments

• Boards-II-pages-1-121❤️ (1).pdf
    3 MB · Views: 30
I just looked at the first question on that study guide, and I can guarantee you part 3 will not have any questions about syphilis

Yeah so if anyone has any study guides for they can share that will help with this recent 2024 apmle part 3 test that would be super helpful lol. That study guide i posted/attached in my last message is all I used to pass part 2 . Just want to pass this last step and be done with it ! Any and all help with be appreciated. I also heard the exam's changed a lot recently (not as easy)

anyone??? really don't know what to expect from part 3, as i've heard things have changed within the past year or so and people saying it's not as easy as it was a few years ago and before that. If anyone has study guides , etc that can help please post, dm, etc.

anyone??? really don't know what to expect from part 3, as i've heard things have changed within the past year or so and people saying it's not as easy as it was a few years ago and before that. If anyone has study guides , etc that can help please post, dm, etc.
I took it last year. It’s easy. Relax.

Reactions: 2 users
It’s APMLE not USMLE. Pass rate for part 2 and 3 are consistently 99%. It’s curved more than Shaq’s hairline.

Reactions: 2 users
I took it last year. It’s easy. Relax.
Our boards seem pretty poorly written and are trash in general with no really good way to study for them. Any good study guides anyone recommends to get that pass lol? Also, this year another company other than prometric is administering the exam (Meazure Learning). I heard it asks about anesthesia types, etc. Can i just re-use the study guide I posted to get that pass? Is there anything anyone has to help out? Our boards aren't scored (at least for now) so just want that pass and kiss it good-bye forever haha !

Our boards seem pretty poorly written and are trash in general with no really good way to study for them. Any good study guides anyone recommends to get that pass lol? Also, this year another company other than prometric is administering the exam (Meazure Learning). I heard it asks about anesthesia types, etc. Can i just re-use the study guide I posted to get that pass? Is there anything anyone has to help out? Our boards aren't scored (at least for now) so just want that pass and kiss it good-bye forever haha !
use the search function. pretty much everyone says its easy. you're blowing this wayyyy out of proportion. i did not study at all. finished the exam in an hour.

use the search function. pretty much everyone says its easy. you're blowing this wayyyy out of proportion. i did not study at all. finished the exam in an hour.
That's super comforting to hear! Are topics like anesthesia (when to use certain types, etc) and radiology covered on the exam? Just wondering