All About Our Pets(Pics, Advice, Etc)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think I'm ruined for all other breeds now to be honest. This is my second toller and I can't imagine having a different breed at this point.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a video I need y'all to see of my cat I'm pretty sure today is the best day of her life

Longer vid, same idea. I really just need to get her a fountain, or maybe a fish tank to watch while I'm gone.

Reactions: 9 users

That's so funny she's not even trying to drink it! My cat loves drinking from the bathroom sink faucet, but I've never tried the bathtub. She has a water fountain too, but apparently it's not enough. :p

That's so funny she's not even trying to drink it! My cat loves drinking from the bathroom sink faucet, but I've never tried the bathtub. She has a water fountain too, but apparently it's not enough. :p
After a while she was trying to drink it. She's been playing in her water bowl for weeks, so my boss suggested this. She was mesmerized!

Missing this pretty girl today. My parents had to put her down on Monday at the age of 14 after finding her on the ground with a hard stomach. This is the dog that really made me want to become a veterinarian.
16473632_10206261766462425_856499229611496853_n.jpg

Reactions: 13 users
Missing this pretty girl today. My parents had to put her down on Monday at the age of 14 after finding her on the ground with a hard stomach. This is the dog that really made me want to become a veterinarian.
So sorry to hear about your beautiful girl. Losing a pet you've had so long is always hard. Sending big hugs your way!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm very sorry to learn about your loss. Thank you for sharing the photo. She's beautiful dog!

Members don't see this ad :)
She certainly knew how to strike a pose. :love: I'm sorry for your loss. :(

So Lottie doesn't really like eating her dry food out of the bowl but will chase after it and eat it if I throw it. She's currently staring at me and wants me to throw some. Special cat

So Lottie doesn't really like eating her dry food out of the bowl but will chase after it and eat it if I throw it. She's currently staring at me and wants me to throw some. Special cat

Haha today at the shelter I saw a cat who will only eat if dry food is scattered on the bottom of his cage. I know some cats don't like when their whiskers touch the sides of bowls and will only eat out of something flat, but that was the first time I'd seen that!

I tried giving my fatty cat her food in a treat ball, and she was so pissy about it. I was hoping she'd get some exercise, but she just slowly pushed it with her nose. Maybe I should try throwing some food for her!

Haha today at the shelter I saw a cat who will only eat if dry food is scattered on the bottom of his cage. I know some cats don't like when their whiskers touch the sides of bowls and will only eat out of something flat, but that was the first time I'd seen that!

I tried giving my fatty cat her food in a treat ball, and she was so pissy about it. I was hoping she'd get some exercise, but she just slowly pushed it with her nose. Maybe I should try throwing some food for her!

She'll eat her wet food out of her bowl but dry food is yucky unless she chases it apparently. We also had to go through 5 different dry foods to find one she liked

Yeah, you'd be surprised at how many stray cats hate eating out of bowls. When we had cats that wouldn't eat my approach was usually in this approximate order: feed em on a plate > feed em different dry food > feed em wet food > heat up the wet food (not too hot!) and feed em that. I would say at least one of those approaches worked for the vast majority of our "not eating" kitties and helped us not clog up clinic time with examining tons of cats who were ultimately just picky.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, you'd be surprised at how many stray cats hate eating out of bowls. When we had cats that wouldn't eat my approach was usually in this approximate order: feed em on a plate > feed em different dry food > feed em wet food > heat up the wet food (not too hot!) and feed em that. I would say at least one of those approaches worked for the vast majority of our "not eating" kitties and helped us not clog up clinic time with examining tons of cats who were ultimately just picky.

Sounds similar! We give all cats both wet and dry (unless there are dietary issues or the cat shows a strong preference) and flatten paper bowls if they're not eating. This guy apparently has zero tolerance for any bowls or plates, but likes hunting kibble out of a towel.

We also get a lot of social eaters, and it is sooo rewarding to get them to eat.

Sounds similar! We give all cats both wet and dry (unless there are dietary issues or the cat shows a strong preference) and flatten paper bowls if they're not eating. This guy apparently has zero tolerance for any bowls or plates, but likes hunting kibble out of a towel.

We also get a lot of social eaters, and it is sooo rewarding to get them to eat.
Kitties are so special, haha.

My kitties' dry meal is via automatic feeder and I have it rigged up onto their cat tree so it falls and scatters. Makes a bit of a mess but they usually hunt down every kibble.

Reactions: 5 users
ImageUploadedBySDN1486991077.068422.jpg

I've been fostering the clinic dog this weekend, and I don't want to let him go! He was a HBC case turned into owner surrender due to both hind legs broken. His orthopedic surgery was my first to see/ assist, and he actually died but was resuscitated. He has been living in a recovery kennel for half his life now, and he is LOVING being at my house. He has my dogs to play with and lots of toys and freedom. He is SO good in the house (supervised) and in his crate at night. I wish I could adopt him, but I can't afford him along with one allergy dog (the brindle floof) already. He is a purebred Lab with bad allergies and is going to have lots of joint problems in his future. My husband and I feel so bad for him...

ImageUploadedBySDN1486991583.294033.jpg
ImageUploadedBySDN1486991611.744399.jpg

View attachment 214662

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySDN1486991564.993795.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySDN1486991564.993795.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I often tell owners of fat cats to throw their kibble for them so they get a little exercise

I make my parent's fat cat (who was bottle fed) get up on her hind legs to get food. Make her work for it. She was getting plenty of exercise when Lottie was home though. Being chased is a lot of work

Reactions: 3 users
ImageUploadedBySDN1487046646.093314.jpg
ImageUploadedBySDN1487046694.146891.jpg

Why can't they stay little forever? Kitten is getting so big.

Reactions: 12 users
Here's my pupper who loves car rides while I hold his paw
IMG_0247.PNG
IMG_7547.JPG

Reactions: 12 users
Aww, he's such a cutie! Our dogs look like they could be cousins or something. Lol He is the brindle floof in my profile pic.

Last edited:
Baby goats are coming soon! I just gotta hold on until the 28th...

I'm a little excited...

Reactions: 9 users
Here's my little monster I talked about recently. She has an interesting story so I figured I would share (and I take lots of pictures of her sooooo). I found her as a feral kitten with a head wound and pretty severe infection. Looked like she was impaled by something. She ended up being deaf from the infection and has a permanent slight head tilt, but here she is then and now! I love this little nugget even though she drives me crazy sprinting up my walls and eating my clothes...

I don't know how to make these smaller soooooo oops

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 15 users
I recently added a snail to my tank! His name is Theodore (but I call him Theo)! He's a Black Mystery Snail and he loves my plants and Nathaniel doesn't mind him!
IMG_1992.JPG
IMG_1991.JPG

Reactions: 8 users
Here's my little monster I talked about recently. She has an interesting story so I figured I would share (and I take lots of pictures of her sooooo). I found her as a feral kitten with a head wound and pretty severe infection. Looked like she was impaled by something. She ended up being deaf from the infection and has a permanent slight head tilt, but here she is then and now! I love this little nugget even though she drives me crazy sprinting up my walls and eating my clothes...

View attachment 214825 View attachment 214826
@serher she is absolutely beautiful! Look at that furry little face and beautiful eyes!

It's obvious that you have provided her with lots of love, care and kindness! She is very lucky to have you! :cat:

I should be studying but my cats have decided I need to be cuddling with them on the couch instead ...

Reactions: 7 users

@Balesofhay Another to add to the gray cat army!

She's so prettyyyyy!!!!! Pls give her to me

I should be studying but my cats have decided I need to be cuddling with them on the couch instead ...

Next-level spooning, I love it!

You can have the fluffy one, he's insane

Trade my insane cat for both of yours? Doesn't have to be permanent...

I have probably vented about this before, but cats snuggling together are absolutely the cutest thing ever. I always planned on adopting an adult pair, but what do I end up with? A stray who adopted me and hates other animals. She's a little nuts and kind of needy attention-wise, so I think a kitty friend would help calm her down and keep occupied. But nope, not an option!

Unfortunately, I don't think her hatred of other cats can be overcome. She destroyed my parents' screen door by leaping and hanging by her claws to intimidate any cat she saw outside. (I'm lucky my parents love her almost as much as I do!)

I have probably vented about this before, but cats snuggling together are absolutely the cutest thing ever. I always planned on adopting an adult pair, but what do I end up with? A stray who adopted me and hates other animals. She's a little nuts and kind of needy attention-wise, so I think a kitty friend would help calm her down and keep occupied. But nope, not an option!

Unfortunately, I don't think her hatred of other cats can be overcome. She destroyed my parents' screen door by leaping and hanging by her claws to intimidate any cat she saw outside. (I'm lucky my parents love her almost as much as I do!)
That's really too bad your cat doesn't like others. I think your cat may be crazier than mine. We lucked out with our cats, it helped a lot that we got them when they were both young though. They love eachother

Like this kinda?
ImageUploadedBySDN1487264943.509243.jpg

That's really too bad your cat doesn't like others. I think your cat may be crazier than mine. We lucked out with our cats, it helped a lot that we got them when they were both young though. They love eachother

She's usually not crazy, I swear!

Ha, way worse. When I adopted her, she had a whole bunch of wounds from fighting and before I brought her in, I saw her chase another cat into traffic (they were both fine, thankfully). She was pretty scrawny so I think she got beat up a lot. I guess I can't blame her for not liking cats.

One time another cat snuck in behind me as I was coming in, and she seemed okay with him before I shooed him out. So maybe she has a personal beef with some cats? I really don't know.