Alabama Vs Campbell Vs Marian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DO to be

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have advice or feedback based upon their experiences from interviewing at the 3 new schools and meeting faculty? Has anyone interviewed at more than 1 of the new schools? What advantages and differences did you see between each school?

Each program is definitely good. Trying to make some decisions! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Guessing by the number of views so far. I can tell this is something that other people are thinking about too.

Certainly, each school is going to be successful. If you interviewed at any of the 3 schools, what were your impressions that day? Thanks.

There is no clearly wrong choice as I see it. I am matriculating at CU-SOM (declined to interview at MU-COM solely based off how pleased I was with Campbell being my "fit") so take that for what it's worth. Honestly though, while I don't know that much about ACOM, I am genuinely impressed by standards for quality offered by each of these new programs (only time will really tell how right I am)! Some osteopathic schools have notoriously struggled in the past out of the gates but I dont think this will be the case with any of these programs.

Check this out if you havent yet...
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=963684

Members don't see this ad :)
What decisions do you have to make? You make it sound as if you've been accepted to all three. If that's the case then you should have a decent grasp of what each school has to offer and which will personally suit your needs. If you have indeed been accepted to all three (I'm assuming because you say you are "trying to make decisions")...what was your impression of the schools? That's the only one that should really matter to you anyhow. If you haven't been accepted and have only interviewed then wait to see if you get in Before worrying about this. And if you haven't even interviewed, you are jumping the gun.

I've said this on a few of these comparison threads now, but you should make a pros and cons list for each school you are interested in...add to it as you think of things. This way you will have something tangible to help you in your comparison. I did this and it seriously helps if you are between a few schools. I listed everything I could think of and assigned different weights to each item depending on its importance to me.

FYI I was accepted at MUCOM and at ACOM and declined my interview invite to CUSOM (too rural and I wouldn't have selected it over the school I will be attending solely due to its rural setting...I declined a KCOM interview for the same reason). Both programs I visited were impressive...however one offered more qualities that fit my needs/wants.

What decisions do you have to make? You make it sound as if you've been accepted to all three. If that's the case then you should have a decent grasp of what each school has to offer and which will personally suit your needs. If you have indeed been accepted to all three (I'm assuming because you say you are "trying to make decisions")...what was your impression of the schools? That's the only one that should really matter to you anyhow. If you haven't been accepted and have only interviewed then wait to see if you get in Before worrying about this. And if you haven't even interviewed, you are jumping the gun.

I've said this on a few of these comparison threads now, but you should make a pros and cons list for each school you are interested in...add to it as you think of things. This way you will have something tangible to help you in your comparison. I did this and it seriously helps if you are between a few schools. I listed everything I could think of and assigned different weights to each item depending on its importance to me.

FYI I was accepted at MUCOM and at ACOM and declined my interview invite to CUSOM (too rural and I wouldn't have selected it over the school I will be attending solely due to its rural setting...I declined a KCOM interview for the same reason). Both programs I visited were impressive...however one offered more qualities that fit my needs/wants.

couldn't have said it better.

+1

Every person fits a different school, but for me personally I only applied to MUCOM because it wasn't rural (Not what I'm used to and I know it wouldn't be the right fit for me). So cleary I'd say go MUCOM based off of my own personal bias :laugh: But in all honesty, if you have interviewed and been accepted to the three, you should know which one fits you the best/better than the others because they are all in different areas with different regional misions. I've read up on all of them though, and all 3 seem like they have their act together and will be creating great programs.

I interviewed at all 3. Regarding interviewing, the main difference is that MUCOM has the MMI format, the other 2 do not. Only you can answer which school is the right fit for you. They all are different schools in different areas of the country. I enjoyed my time at both MUCOM and ACOM. Personally, CUSOM came off as way too religious at my interview. I know other people have not experienced this at their CUSOM interview but at mine it was just too religious for me. My interviewers and other staff brought up religion more than once... :thumbdown:
Good luck to you if you're still deciding between the 3! They each have a very different feel and all have a strong backing by their respective University/community. :luck:

Does anyone have advice or feedback based upon their experiences from interviewing at the 3 new schools and meeting faculty? Has anyone interviewed at more than 1 of the new schools? What advantages and differences did you see between each school?

Each program is definitely good. Trying to make some decisions! Thanks.

I chose ACOM because of the experience of the faculty opening other schools, the sense that the faculty was very student friendly/centered(because many of them have kids in medical school?), the only D.O. school opened by a hospital, and the rotation sites already established by AMEC.

I chose ACOM because of the experience of the faculty opening other schools, the sense that the faculty was very student friendly/centered(because many of them have kids in medical school?), the only D.O. school opened by a hospital, and the rotation sites already established by AMEC.

Did you interview/get accepted at any of the other schools in question? (I am only asking because you decided to bump this thread, it is for my own curiosity since I doubt the OP is coming back...since they have said nothing since starting the thread almost a month ago)