Advice on when i should take the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Biofilm preventer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey i just wanted to know everyone’s advice on when i should take the DAT.
Please note that this coming up fall and spring i will be taking orgo and biochem in spring.
So when do you think i should schedule to take the DAT?
I plan on purchasing DAT Bootcamp and i will be using orgoman/DAT destroyer right after summer semester ends and i will start my studying ASAP. ( i am currently taking physics 2 righ now in this summer session.)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I'm currently studying for the DAT (I take it in a couple weeks), and I suggest that you probably should wait until next summer to take it. Preferably towards the end of the summer so you can study for a few months once you finish up the school year. One benefit of taking it next summer in your case is that ochem will be fresh in your mind, and you'll nail that section! Bootcamp and DAT Destroyer are great resources! I just completed destroyer and went through it a couple times once more. Best of Luck!

I would recommend beginning to study after you take Orgo. Biochem can be helpful but is not super critical for the DAT. Best of luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey i just wanted to know everyone’s advice on when i should take the DAT.
Please note that this coming up fall and spring i will be taking orgo and biochem in spring.
So when do you think i should schedule to take the DAT?
I plan on purchasing DAT Bootcamp and i will be using orgoman/DAT destroyer right after summer semester ends and i will start my studying ASAP. ( i am currently taking physics 2 righ now in this summer session.)

Because you have some tough classes ahead of you, I would worry less about taking the DAT and more focus on keeping your GPA as high as possible. Orgo and Biochem often give students a tough time and if not careful a low grade in either could negatively affect your GPA. If you want to do some study now you could review QR and our Bio notes.

Take care...Nancy