When to take DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camdogfall

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
When should I take the DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I personally took the DAT the summer after my junior year and had no problem at all! If I'm not mistaken, that's actually when most people take it - NOT the summer after their sophomore year.

If you want to study for an extended period of time, which works for some people (like me) but not for others, you will be perfectly fine not finishing orgo II until the end of the fall of your junior year. So say you want to start studying for the DAT in September of your junior year. You have a lot of time to practice all of the other subjects, and work on mastering Orgo I concepts while you take Orgo II. Orgo I is fundamentally just the basis of Orgo II anyway - so you could just learn the Orgo II DAT concepts as you went along. It would be challenging, but not impossible by any means! Then after you finish Orgo II, you're set to study everything throughout the spring semester and take the DAT at any point you feel ready. I took it a few weeks after finals, but you could even do before if it's a lighter schedule for you.

Hope this helps! It's definitely not at all hopeless for you. You're right on track!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.