Should I take the DAT as scheduled?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tisdaszn

Reaction score
My DAT is scheduled for the Friday in 2 weeks, and I'm a little concerned about the large variety of scores on practice tests in certain sections on bootcamp. Here are my ranges:

Genchm: 23-30/ Ochem: 18-22/ Bio: 21-27/ Math: 19-24/ Reading: 21-24/ PAT: 18-22

Considering I'm really rooting for an AA of 23 and a PAT of 20 at least, should I take the DAT as scheduled? The PAT and chem are the largest of my worries right now. I have already pushed it once and know I don't study until I'm desperate, so I'm worried if I push it, I'll repeat and end up with the same scores. On the other hand, if I do decide to retake, the next time I could take is end of June, which is after the AADSAS apps open up for submission. Any input will be appreciated. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Slee60,

Fom years of experience working with students I have found that if students have doubt they should listen to that voice that is telling them they might need more time. Don't rush to take the DAT, you want high scores, so you should not take it until you are fully prepared #think30. Students are under the misconception if they don't take the DAT by a certain date they will not get in the next cycle, not true. What is guaranteed is if you don't get good DAT scores you will not get interviews.

This is just my opinion, but based on many years of working with many students, I would reschedule until you feel ready.

Hope this helps.
Nancy, co/owner, Destroyers