MD 3.68cGPA 3.58sGPA 510MCAT for UA (Phoenix or Tucson)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

braxsch

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a low-ball estimate for my GPA when I apply (summer 2018). At the moment I have 2 C's going onto my transcript, one in Orgo II and one in Physical Chemistry. To make up for that, I got an A in Biochem I the same semester as I got the C in P. Chem. Also estimating the MCAT based on practice exam 1 from AMCAS, and honestly if I got anything below this, I would probably not try applying to many MD schools.

Major: Biological Sciences Minor: Global Health
CuGPA: ~3.68 ScGPA: ~3.58
MCAT: 510

EC's:
150+ hours volunteering at local hospital
65+ hours volunteering at local botanical garden
2 years as a chemistry lab instructor at my college (paid)
2.5 years (600+ hours) of research in nanomedicine (2 posters, 2 presentations, 3rd author paper pending pub.)
Shadowed a neurologist for one week
Scribed in the ER for a semester
Completed an internship for credit at a neurologist's practice
1 year as Senator of my college (freshman year)
2 years member of the Student Health Advisory Board at my college
Member of the University's Academic Bowl team for my specific school
Member of the honors college at my university
2 years in a selective research program at my university (received grant funding, etc).
Intramural sports captain (never thought this was important but see a lot of people posting it... so not too sure about the significance haha)

Other notes:
From a very low-income family (received many gov. grants to pay for school)
Worked throughout my time in school to pay my mother's rent (for her and my little sister) as well as my own.
I'm a white male

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Really hard to say for a particular school. I have similar stats, am in state and was rejected from both, but I know people with a 3.0 and 500 who were accepted, as well as people with a 4.0 and 520 who were accepted.

Edit: that being said I DO think you are competitive overall.

With a MCAT of 505 you would be competitive for AZCOM and ATSU-SOMA. With a MCAT of 508 you have a chance for interviews at the Arizona state MD schools.