2023-2024 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
no :( which is why i'm a bit confused, the only available session i see is 12/8 for in-person
They do prefer you to interview in person and said there would be a limited number of virtual interviews, I believe.
So, @legallyblondemed it is up to you to wait for an answer to your inquiry to UIWSOM. If you want to interview with them, you can find a time and place.

Members don't see this ad.

They do prefer you to interview in person and said there would be a limited number of virtual interviews, I believe.
So, @legallyblondemed it is up to you to wait for an answer to your inquiry to UIWSOM. If you want to interview with them, you can find a time and place.
As an aside, could doing an in-person interview help get an A? Granted, I don’t even have a II yet, but I’m trying to figure out a way to avoid a post-II R - something that seems kinda common with the school.

As an aside, could doing an in-person interview help get an A? Granted, I don’t even have a II yet, but I’m trying to figure out a way to avoid a post-II R - something that seems kinda common with the school.
I don't think in-person interview is necessarily an automatic advantage. It really comes down to your answers. Do they show the interviewers your true self and do you match their mission/values? The best way to avoid a post-II R (which is common with any school) is to give quality answers whether virtual or in-person. But this is just my humble premed opinion coming from personal experience. I would love to hear others about this.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think in-person interview is necessarily an automatic advantage. It really comes down to your answers. Do they show the interviewers your true self and do you match their mission/values? The best way to avoid a post-II R (which is common with any school) is to give quality answers whether virtual or in-person. But this is just my humble premed opinion coming from personal experience. I would love to hear others about this.
They specifically stated there’s truly no advantage to in person vs online (interviewed online and am a Texas student about 5 hours away).

Pros and cons to both but I tend to prefer in person! If you have the means I would definitely do in person. Seeing the school and area is so important to me.

Reactions: 3 users
They specifically stated there’s truly no advantage to in person vs online (interviewed online and am a Texas student about 5 hours away).

Pros and cons to both but I tend to prefer in person! If you have the means I would definitely do in person. Seeing the school and area is so important to me.
Ah. Okay!

Just figuring out ways to avoid the dreaded post II-R. I pity those who got it because...well...that stings.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Ah. Okay!

Just figuring out ways to avoid the dreaded post II-R. I pity those who got it because...well...that stings.
Positive mindset! Try thinking of it as ways to getting the incredible post II-A !!

You got this buddy ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Positive mindset! Try thinking of it as ways to getting the incredible post II-A !!

You got this buddy ❤️
Need a II first before even thinking about that.

Still fortunate I got past the initial screening back in July. Hoping UIWSOM shines a positive light on me though.

cancelled my II (A elsewhere) in high hopes that the spot I had goes to one of you guys :)

keep your head up! you can do this!! 💪💪💪

Just got interview waitlisted I think. Got an email saying my app is still under review for interview consideration but can't extend an invitation at this time

• Care
Just got interview waitlisted I think. Got an email saying my app is still under review for interview consideration but can't extend an invitation at this time
+ 1 !

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)

My sympathies. If it isn’t too personal, when did you guys get complete with UIWSOM? I got this note back in early August, but I submitted in my app in July.

My sympathies. If it isn’t too personal, when did you guys get complete with UIWSOM? I got this note back in early August, but I submitted in my app in July.
I was complete 7/21. I submitted my secondary back in mid June, but some LOR issues didn't get resolved until July so that's when it was marked complete

II today OOS! Only in person interviews available was kinda hoping for a virtual so I don’t have to make the trek from LA to San Antonio but excited nonetheless

Last edited:
II today OOS Ohio resident, MCAT 502 3.8 cgpa 3.7 sgpa, strong mission fit for the school, they were only offering in person interviews as of right now! Excited to visit the school nervous to leave my bubble that is Ohio 😅

OOS II just now. The one and only date they had open was also the one and only date that ACOM had available when I was signing up for their interview, so I think I'm gonna drop the ACOM one and plan to fly out in Jan. Nothing against ACOM, but I have a friend in New Braunfels which is fairly close to SA I think.

Congrats to those who got interviews. Just out of curiosity, are they scheduled pretty far out already?

I'm kinda wondering if UIWSOM is running out of interview dates...

Congrats to those who got interviews. Just out of curiosity, are they scheduled pretty far out already?

I'm kinda wondering if UIWSOM is running out of interview dates...
Last year they kept sending invitations until February, don't feel like time is running out yet.

• Care
Last year they kept sending invitations until February, don't feel like time is running out yet.
Ah. Okay. When you mean send invitations until February, does that mean the IIs were sent on that month and folks were scheduled for a later month?

Ah. Okay...so there is a chance.

Just a bit disillusioned, though I'm not surprised. Just crossing my fingers in the hopes they give an opportunity in the near future.

• Care
Received an interview invite-- but when I go into the portal to schedule, I am offered a calendar to choose dates from which has no appointments available to click on. Anyone have similar obstacles? (all months offered look like this)
1697727883376.png

II today OOS! Only in person interviews available was kinda hoping for a virtual so I don’t have to make the trek from LA to San Antonio but excited nonetheless
Omg I'm going from LA to San Antonio too! Twinsss

• Love
OOS II! Only in person interviews. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it! Good luck to everyone!

Can anyone give any insight on the interview?? Pretty sure it said MMI online

Can anyone give any insight on the interview?? Pretty sure it said MMI online
Ya it’s MMI! I felt really good about it.

To prepare I would practice structuring responses to different ethical situations (traditional MMI stuff)

It would also be beneficial to know your app very well so review your primary essays and secondary essays!

• Love
Got a pre ll hold today and instantly withdrew my app

More interview dates (such as for virtual interviews in January/February) will open within the next month or so. Feel free to email admissions to be put on a waitlist to be notified!

• Care
Treat it like it’s in person! You don’t “have to” have it on but you would be easily spotted with an off camera.
Also, I'd encourage virtual interviewers to check their profile photos prior to signing on. Especially with an off camera, you'd want a professional photo or your name to be displayed instead of something unprofessional!

For a virtual interview, how long approximately does the Dean's Presentation last?

Just got the A! Was pleasantly surprised to find out on a Sunday haha!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Is anyone willing to share how long each section of the interview day typically is

Is anyone willing to share how long each section of the interview day typically is
You will need to clear your day for this as there are various presentations & your MMI interview section, even if you do the virtual interview.
See comments starting here: #140