2023-2024 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
^^^ also for the people with interviews, when were you complete? Just trying to gauge if there seems to be a chronological order or its by stats for II
Complete 6/30. I'm a lower-stat applicant, so I don't think stats played much of a role in getting an earlier II for me 😅

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Caught the R after interviewing on 9/6… 3.92/515

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Happy to say I was accepted today! Interviewed 9/6. 3.5, 500, non trad, military vet. Submitted primary/secondary late June

Reactions: 10 users
I’m wondering what red flags were in ur application bc those stats are top tier
Honestly no idea… but I’ve heard that DO schools don’t want to be considered a safety so they turn down applicants with higher stats thinking they would go elsewhere

Honestly no idea… but I’ve heard that DO schools don’t want to be considered a safety so they turn down applicants with higher stats thinking they would go elsewhere

I think it’s more about demonstrated perceived interest in osteopathic medicine than higher stats. There are an increasing number of high stats applicants accepted to and matriculating at DO schools. You’re right, high tier DO schools don’t want to be considered a backup and don’t have to be because they have a great applicant pool. There are now multiple DO schools with higher Mcat/GPA averages than some MD schools. They take the most qualified applicants with a demonstrated interest in osteopathic medicine.

Reactions: 1 users
If you get the chance, I actually recommend you reach out to admissions and ask them for your interview feedback. I was waitlisted from the first school I interviewed at and they were able to give me really good feedback that I worked on and carried with me to my future interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take for people to hear back after their interview? And people who were accepted did your interview go really well?

How long did it take for people to hear back after their interview? And people who were accepted did your interview go really well?
Looks like it’s about a month so far this cycle, I interviewed 9/6 and heard back yesterday like some others on this thread. Those that heard back one week ago were interviewed one week before me. Interview was 30 minute Q&A with two standardized Q’s and a lot of chatting afterwards about your life and stuff. I was interviewed by one faculty and one ms2. Low stress, just be human.

Reactions: 1 user
Nevertheless, those are great stats and i’m sure you’ll get in to ur top choice. Goodluck :)

Nevertheless, those are great stats and i’m sure you’ll get in to ur top choice. Goodluck :)
Thanks, already got into KCU so def still happy… just sucks cause I wanted to stay in the area of Mass. But, still waiting to hear from some more MD schools

OOS II today. Anyone know the post II acceptance rate?

Any Waitlists yet? Feel like I’ve only seen Acceptances and Rejections post II

Definitely my favorite interview so far, such a great school with great faculty!

Has anyone had any luck reaching UNECOM via phone? I've tried for the past 2 days and it has been going straight to voicemail. For reference, I've been dialing this number: (207)-602-2212.

For those with As, many congrats! Can you please share stats GPA/MCAT/Exp. Thanks

OOS II just now, complete early July. went to school in Boston so that’s my only tie to the northeast

Edit: Withdrawing from my interview, hope it goes to one of you!

Last edited:
Anyone else get a heart attack this morning with their newsletter?

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Just cancelled my interview as I received an acceptance to a closer school. I hope it goes to one of you awesome candidates instead! GL!

Reactions: 4 users