2023-2024 Ponce (St. Louis)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks! I applied early back in June or July and I completed the secondary as soon as I received it.
I think they sent a secondary in september and I sent mine back a couple of days later

Members don't see this ad.

@CurrentStudents Do you they teach the modules by organ system or is it all mixed together? @CookieMonsta
It’s currently a regional approach. I believe they are changing it to a systems approach but I am not sure if that change is coming with this incoming class or the next! I’ll ask and PM you if I find out!

Reactions: 1 users
It’s currently a regional approach. I believe they are changing it to a systems approach but I am not sure if that change is coming with this incoming class or the next! I’ll ask and PM you if I find out!
I’m pretty sure the change has already been implemented.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any news from 3/11 interviewers?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Interview invite 4/19 for 4/26. MSMS Alum

Reactions: 1 users
Has the school set-up any incoming student meetings or virtual sessions about the onboarding process yet?

Has the school set-up any incoming student meetings or virtual sessions about the onboarding process yet?
If you're referencing the coffee breaks then yes. We've went over fafsa, orientation dates (including white coat ceremony), New student files plus immunization, and future coffee breaks (the next one is May 8th, labeled "MD program overview: Current Students")

Good to hear, hope those are helpful!

Members don't see this ad :)
so what is the deadline to commit once someone receives an acceptance?.

Has any alum whose been interviewed heard anything back yet? I know it hasn’t even been a week yet since the first alum interviews.

If you're referencing the coffee breaks then yes. We've went over fafsa, orientation dates (including white coat ceremony), New student files plus immunization, and future coffee breaks (the next one is May 8th, labeled "MD program overview: Current Students")
When is the orientation date, as well as the first actual day?

does anyone know if they reserve a certain number of spots for MSMS graduates? also does anyone know how many MSMS grads got in last year?

Just curious if anyone recently withdrew their acceptance here for another school? Hoping to get off the WL :)

I mean was that your only school you received an interview from? Because if you have other options you have to consider the deadline for other schools acceptances
No it’s not but it’s one of my top choices. I just wanted to gauge if people have recently withdrew their acceptances here

No it’s not but it’s one of my top choices. I just wanted to gauge if people have recently withdrew their acceptances here
Oh okay. Well be prepared they may take awhile, one person got accepted off the waitlist very late. I believe it was late june or early july. Classes start end of the july. Hopefully someone will withdraw their acceptance though there is still a little time.

Is the chance for an A still high? I mean…how picky are they about handing out IIs?

Is the chance for an A still high? I mean…how picky are they about handing out IIs?
I heard they were still having interviews this week for the students of the MSMS program. So I am not sure if the class is full or not.

Reactions: 3 users
I heard they were still having interviews this week for the students of the MSMS program. So I am not sure if the class is full or not.
This is true; I know two who are scheduled for this Friday.

Reactions: 2 users
Who still has the application complete committee is evaluating application page? I interviewed back in 3/18 and was just wondering if anyone is in the same boat?

Reactions: 3 users
Though I know NDA is still in full effect, anybody has advice for MMI?

b urself. fr! :) good luck
Thank you.

I've done some digging and MMIs aren't as predictable as regular interviews. Then again, I did well on Casper, so I'm hoping the tactics used there can help.

Though I know NDA is still in full effect, anybody has advice for MMI?
100% be yourself and be ready to defend yourself when questioned about why you feel a certain way on a question even when the interviewer doesn’t agree with you. MMI style is designed to see your critical thinking skills and confidence when put on the spot. So, “cookie cutter” answers or super “generic answer” actually work to your disadvantage because they don’t get to see who you are and those answer will be hard to defend unless that’s truly how you feel about the situation! Good luck

• Care
100% be yourself and be ready to defend yourself when questioned about why you feel a certain way on a question even when the interviewer doesn’t agree with you. MMI style is designed to see your critical thinking skills and confidence when put on the spot. So, “cookie cutter” answers or super “generic answer” actually work to your disadvantage because they don’t get to see who you are and those answer will be hard to defend unless that’s truly how you feel about the situation! Good luck
Got it! So it is kinda like Casper with more interaction - see all perspectives, come up with a conclusion, and debate the interviewer if they question your choice.

Got it! So it is kinda like Casper with more interaction - see all perspectives, come up with a conclusion, and debate the interviewer if they question your choice.
Yep sounds right!! I forget about casper's format only a few schools I applied to used casper.

An MSMS alum has relayed to me that the committee is meeting on the 8th, so I’m assuming that everyone’s status should be updated after then. Good luck everyone still wondering.

Reactions: 2 users
An MSMS alum has relayed to me that the committee is meeting on the 8th, so I’m assuming that everyone’s status should be updated after then. Good luck everyone still wondering.
Everyone in general? Including those that interviewed in april and may?

That's what I'm wondering too since it wasn't that long ago I had my II.
I assume that they are trying to make their final decisions. I’m not sure if they’ll need additional time after meeting on the 8th, but I’m thinking that they’ve concluded with their non-MSMS alum applicants and are just now filling in their dedicated MSMS alum spots.
They changed the way they did interviews this year, leaving all the MSMS alum for the end, and spent more time sifting through the non-MSMS alum. So, based on my limited tidbits of their process this cycle, they have likely already made decisions about the non-MSMS alum, which is why they’ve sent out acceptances and waitlists to others already.
I’m sure it’s possible though for a few new As to be sent out based on who has (or really, hasn’t) confirmed their spot. It seems likely though that they’ve wrapped up the MSMS alum iis and are going to focus on filling those seats.
Again, this is speculation, so take it with a grain of salt. I’m just basing it on the bits of information I’ve been able to gather.

I assume that they are trying to make their final decisions. I’m not sure if they’ll need additional time after meeting on the 8th, but I’m thinking that they’ve concluded with their non-MSMS alum applicants and are just now filling in their dedicated MSMS alum spots.
They changed the way they did interviews this year, leaving all the MSMS alum for the end, and spent more time sifting through the non-MSMS alum. So, based on my limited tidbits of their process this cycle, they have likely already made decisions about the non-MSMS alum, which is why they’ve sent out acceptances and waitlists to others already.
I’m sure it’s possible though for a few new As to be sent out based on who has (or really, hasn’t) confirmed their spot. It seems likely though that they’ve wrapped up the MSMS alum iis and are going to focus on filling those seats.
Again, this is speculation, so take it with a grain of salt. I’m just basing it on the bits of information I’ve been able to gather.
I know that they also interviewed non-MSMS students these past two weeks. So, a few spots might still be available for both sets of students.

Have people received post-II R’s from Ponce? I unfortunately got some from other schools, so I’m nervous about that harrowing result.

Then again, that would probably be dependent on how many folks got invited for IIs and their internal policy overall.

Have people received post-II R’s from Ponce? I unfortunately got some from other schools, so I’m nervous about that harrowing result.

Then again, that would probably be dependent on how many folks got invited for IIs and their internal policy overall.

That’s a good question. I can’t recall seeing any post-II Rs.. hopefully we can have some communication later this week!

That’s a good question. I can’t recall seeing any post-II Rs.. hopefully we can have some communication later this week!
I haven’t see any as well. Then again, this school’s thread isn’t as populated as those belonging to other institutions.

If anyone hears anything or gets an email after they meet today post it! Anxiously waiting to hear, good or bad news!

Reactions: 6 users