2023-2024 Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thank you! submitted 7/14 so fingers crossed i hear something in the next few days šŸ„²
Same - submitted 7/17 and hoping to hear soon. Definitely one of my top choices

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete on 7/14 so Iā€™m hoping for an interview as well but I donā€™t know about my stats

does anyone know if pitt sends out II in order of submission date? or is it random?
I've been watching this thread and so far it has been in order. First 7/10, then 7/11, and then 7/12 today. I was complete 7/13 so šŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž

I gotta go cope since I submitted 7/11 and silence bahaha

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
anecotally, i went to pitt for undergrad and was told by someone on the admissions committee that they typically offer interviews to those with higher stats first, and then go back. not sure how true it is

anecotally, i went to pitt for undergrad and was told by someone on the admissions committee that they typically offer interviews to those with higher stats first, and then go back. not sure how true it is
Me with my LM 82 and 7/11 submission date: šŸ˜°

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
For the like courses you just put what's required right? I don't need to list like a bunch of bio they just care about what's required? It always freaks me out when there's so many boxes.

just submitted my secondary! good luck to everyone (esp to my fellow low-stat folks <3) :)

Members don't see this ad :)
oooohhh i had a gut feeling checking this thread today wasn't going to help my anxieties šŸ˜­

jokes aside - congrats to everyone who got a II so far!

• Care
Is anyone having difficulty scheduling an interview? I attached a photo and it said it wasn't uploaded.

Any tips on how to stop freakin out? I'm playing like the worst possible scenarios in my head like a bad LOR, etc šŸ˜… I know it's only July but...

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Any tips on how to stop freakin out? I'm playing like the worst possible scenarios in my head like a bad LOR, etc šŸ˜… I know it's only July but...
no advice, all i can say is youā€™re not alone

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
I'm just going to try to do things I enjoy to keep my mind off medical school stuff. I have email notifications on my phone, so I don't need to sit at my computer and refresh my email 100 times a day (I think this really helps).

Y'all giving me a glimmer of hope here as a 7/11 submitteršŸ™

• Care
Havenā€™t done a statistical analysis but considering itā€™s not even august yet, the percentage of people in this thread who commented pre secondary submission and who now already have interviews at Pitt is astonishing to me. Certainly means this thread is not representative of the average applicant pool šŸ˜‚

Just to ease some of you fellow 7/11 submitters, it's likely a chunk of applications were put in a "revisit later" pile. From what I understand, many medical schools make a couple of rounds through the applicant pool throughout the cycle. I believe someone mentioned something similar on this thread. I'm assuming many of these early IIs are being sent to high-stat applicants who are great mission fits. The cycle is only just beginning, no need to panic in July

Just to ease some of you fellow 7/11 submitters, it's likely a chunk of applications were put in a "revisit later" pile. From what I understand, many medical schools make a couple of rounds through the applicant pool throughout the cycle. I believe someone mentioned something similar on this thread. I'm assuming many of these early IIs are being sent to high-stat applicants who are great mission fits. The cycle is only just beginning, no need to panic in July
Yeah I know not all hope is lost yet and it's possible to receive an II even after my submission date seems to have been "passed up," but as a high-stat applicant whose strongest EC area is research, it sure would feel nice to get an early II and feel that Pitt really liked me enough to instantly invite me instead of having some hesitation.

Last edited:
  • Care
OOS II Submitted 7/10. 519 3.7. third interview so far this cycle, maybe 52 schools wasn't neccesary lol

515, 3.91 GPA, 3.93 sGPA - where are my other homies at without an II. Honestly, everyone remember to take it easy as the cycle is still fresh

Hey guys keep in mind Pitt interviews over 900. Lots more to come in the next several weeks and months.

I see your point that you want to be wanted. But honestly any interview in July and August would be early. Plus, I'm not sure if there is such a thing as yield protection at a T20, but based on your LM and WARS, if they think that you'll get 2-3 interviews from T10s, they might not even waste their time with a 524/525, particularly if research is your strong-suit as well. Or at least that'd be my rationalization if I was in your shoes, lol.
My research is decently strong, but not strong enough to get yielded out from Pitt imo. T10-T25 was sort of the sweet spot or the best case scenario that I was imagining for my cycle if I get lucky and everything works out. Maybe I'll tell myself that I got yielded out to cope though lol

I see your point that you want to be wanted. But honestly any interview in July and August would be early. Plus, I'm not sure if there is such a thing as yield protection at a T20, but based on your LM and WARS, if they think that you'll get 2-3 interviews from T10s, they might not even waste their time with a 524/525, particularly if research is your strong-suit as well. Or at least that'd be my rationalization if I was in your shoes, lol.

I haven't received any II so far! The LM is 77 and WARS is above 95. I submitted everything on 7/12. I'm uncertain about the potential outcome. Given your past experience, what do you think? Should I anticipate receiving it, or should I consider it yield protected? (to console myself)

Last edited:
Seems to me like it is by both submission and MCAT score. It seems like the ppl already getting IIs are 520+ and only recently someone with 518 said +II, so if I had to guess, I imagine they do it by batches and start by highest mcat

My research is decently strong, but not strong enough to get yielded out from Pitt imo. T10-T25 was sort of the sweet spot or the best case scenario that I was imagining for my cycle if I get lucky and everything works out. Maybe I'll tell myself that I got yielded out to cope though lol
Don't lose hope dawg, I see an II in ur future šŸ™