2023-2024 Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (OU-HCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anybody gotten an interview for the waitlist? I checked last year’s forum and people were receiving those invites around now…

Has anybody gotten an interview for the waitlist? I checked last year’s forum and people were receiving those invites around now…
I was wondering the same thing. I'm assuming if people haven't then they aren't doing that this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed yesterday but have not gotten a response yet. Hopefully I’m not being ghosted 🥲
I received an IS II on Friday for the waitlist, not sure if the other person who got an invite Friday was also for the waitlist, but they are sending them out!

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed about 2-3 weeks ago and only 1-2 were accepted, the rest were waitlisted or rejected

Reactions: 1 user
I received an IS II on Friday for the waitlist, not sure if the other person who got an invite Friday was also for the waitlist, but they are sending them out!
The wait is killing me on this. Most people who got invited for interviews seemed to have gotten them last Friday which makes me think they are sending them on Friday but there's not much time left in April so losing hope lol. Sucks because this is one of my top choices

Hi everyone! Current first year here at Dublin reaching out to y'all again. If you have any questions about HCOM I'm here to do my best to answer them!

The wait is killing me on this. Most people who got invited for interviews seemed to have gotten them last Friday which makes me think they are sending them on Friday but there's not much time left in April so losing hope lol. Sucks because this is one of my top choices
Yea. I think i lost the battle. i did not receive anything

Does anyone know where we can find the preclinical academic calendar? I dont know where that would be posted

Does anyone know where we can find the preclinical academic calendar? I dont know where that would be posted
Our breaks usually line up with OU's undergrad schedule. But HCOM is changing the curriculum and start dates for next year. As far as I know students have not gotten the schedule for next year yet.

Our breaks usually line up with OU's undergrad schedule. But HCOM is changing the curriculum and start dates for next year. As far as I know students have not gotten the schedule for next year yet.
Correct. To my knowledge, we have not yet received it.

I would expect it to start about 1 week earlier than the OU undergrad semester, and end 1 week after the OU undergrad semester. But we'll see...hopefully soon...

Does anyone know if they are still giving out interviews? I feel like it's a lost cause at this point but I also would still like a shot at the waitlist spot

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we know when they will send financial aid packages?

i emailed OUHCOM twice and still have not received a response... does anyone know why they aren't responding and if I should call them??

i emailed OUHCOM twice and still have not received a response... does anyone know why they aren't responding and if I should call them??
I would be patient bro they are busy.

They were doing the last round of waitlist interviews yesterday, so they were probably busy! I wouldn’t worry.

They were doing the last round of waitlist interviews yesterday, so they were probably busy! I wouldn’t worry.
i emailed like april 20th tho:cryi: and still no response... I'm just gonna hope they are busy that's why lol

i emailed like april 20th tho:cryi: and still no response... I'm just gonna hope they are busy that's why lol
If you have already emailed them twice do not email them again lol. You did what you could and you just have to wait now.

Do we think they’re gonna take a bunch of people off the waitlist after they reconvene to finalize it tomorrow?

yk i got a pre secondary R awhile back from here and it genuinely shocks me bc my stats are pretty decent, is there anyone else that can relate

Probably need a really high MCAT/GPA combo to get in if you are OOS. Better off going for an in state MD rather than HCOM.
ur joking i did not know that😭 this is the only school i didn’t receive a II from but hey this is good for the IS applicants at least good luck to you all!!

Created account to share info for this thread and give hope! OOS A, interviewed for waitlist 4/23, waitlisted 4/24 then got A call 4/30!

Has anyone gotten the email from OU regarding the new interest rates? They are borderline ridiculous 😭.

Has anyone gotten the email from OU regarding the new interest rates? They are borderline ridiculous 😭.
Yes. Borderline ridiculous but those are the federal rates that everyone has to pay.😥

You think it’s possible to find any private loans for a lower interest rate or is that just not a thing?
I strongly, strongly advise against private loans. Avoid them as much as possible. Some may have enticing rates, but these are deceiving, meant to draw you in, and don't come with the same protections and repayment + PSLF forgiveness options as federal loans have. I'm sure there are other good reasons to avoid them that others can better explain.

You will find a mountain of evidence against private loans in both the Personal Finance and the Medical School Sub-Reddits.

I strongly, strongly advise against private loans. Avoid them as much as possible. Some may have enticing rates, but these are deceiving, meant to draw you in, and don't come with the same protections and repayment + PSLF forgiveness options as federal loans have. I'm sure there are other good reasons to avoid them that others can better explain.

You will find a mountain of evidence against private loans in both the Personal Finance and the Medical School Sub-Reddits.
Yea I did some research and realized it wasn’t worth it. Still tho, these rates are brutal it’s genuinely making me anxious.

Yea I did some research and realized it wasn’t worth it. Still tho, these rates are brutal it’s genuinely making me anxious.
Look into reading the White Coat Investor or similar.

If you are smart with finances, you'll have nothing to worry in terms of repayment or forgiveness on just about any attending physician salary in the US. Regardless of federal rates.