2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah thats exactly what I was thinking but then in the form, it says that visiting on campus is. "HIGHLY ENCOURAGED" in all caps too lol. So that's why I am unsure.
oh then yeah probably. seems kinda unfair for the people who cant afford or who dont wanna drive/dont have a car/etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I definitely agree. I certainly won’t be able to go to it.
I attended the on campus day and they said they take attendance into consideration.
I don’t think it means you can’t get in if you don’t attend but they said it does matter if you do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey for those who got II at both Bradenton and the main campus (Erie, Elmira, Seton Hill, etc) did y’all get an email from [email protected] for each campus? So far I got one for Elmira but none for Bradenton so wondering if the Bradenton one takes a few days?

It’s only if you go to the on campus day
That wouldn't make sense, though right? Why would the people who go to the in-person tour that is optional get another round of group interviews? When I went in person to Erie, it was completely just them giving presentations and us asking questions. There were not any group interviews or expectations for us to stand out necessarily.

Yes! Each campus sends a different email for II
Interesting how long did take to get the Bradenton one? I got the email from the interview recruiter but none yet from that noreply email they specified. The one for Elmira I got super quick so that got me somewhat neurotic lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
That wouldn't make sense, though right? Why would the people who go to the in-person tour that is optional get another round of group interviews? When I went in person to Erie, it was completely just them giving presentations and us asking questions. There were not any group interviews or expectations for us to stand out necessarily.
I mean, that’s what they did when I attended. I didn’t understand the reasoning behind it either but that’s what Bradenton is doing.

I mean, that’s what they did when I attended. I didn’t understand the reasoning behind it either but that’s what Bradenton is doing.
Gotcha that’s definitely interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Is anyone else in a similar boat of applying with an AIS score and not having heard back for an interview? for reference, I have a 124 AIS (OOS) and have tried calling but they keep saying they have a ton of applicants and they'll get to it when they can. I submitted roughly around July 20 and now im just waiting.
I got an II at Erie within two weeks so this is weird for Lecom-B. LMK what everyone thinks or if anyone has a similar thing plz!

Is anyone else in a similar boat of applying with an AIS score and not having heard back for an interview? for reference, I have a 124 AIS (OOS) and have tried calling but they keep saying they have a ton of applicants and they'll get to it when they can. I submitted roughly around July 20 and now im just waiting.
I got an II at Erie within two weeks so this is weird for Lecom-B. LMK what everyone thinks or if anyone has a similar thing plz!
yup im having the same issue. I called them as well and got the same response

yup im having the same issue. I called them as well and got the same response
Same, II from Erie, nothing yet from LECOM-B.

Anyone who has had an interview, who did you send a "thank you" letter to since its all asynchronous?

That’s a great question. I was in the same position and I was torn because I read in the past that the admissions committee didn’t like to be contacted because of the 16,000 applicants that they have to look through. I’m sure they interview a lot too.

That’s a great question. I was in the same position and I was torn because I read in the past that the admissions committee didn’t like to be contacted because of the 16,000 applicants that they have to look through. I’m sure they interview a lot too.
did you end up just not sending one? that's what I'm thinking of doing

did you end up just not sending one? that's what I'm thinking of doing
Yeah, I did not send one because there was not anyone to send it to lol (Besides the general admissions email, but that goes to my previous point of it being annoying, and I am sure they have other important emails that they need to attend to for problems that other applicants are having, etc.)

The other big question is how big of an impact going in person has on the chances of you getting accepted since they say that coming in person for the tour is "Highly Encouraged." I am personally a 16-hour car ride away, so coming to campus will be quite the journey.

do they really have 16k applicants??

do they really have 16k applicants??
Actually it’s 17k lol, “LECOM consistently ranks high on DO school rankings and is one of the most applied to medical schools (allopathic and osteopathic) in the US, receiving 17,133 osteopathic medical school applications in one year.”

Reactions: 1 users
Actually it’s 17k lol, “LECOM consistently ranks high on DO school rankings and is one of the most applied to medical schools (allopathic and osteopathic) in the US, receiving 17,133 osteopathic medical school applications in one year.”
jeez i wonder how many ii's they send out especially since they're asynchronous

bro im still waiting damn near 2 months to hear back. anyone else similar?

Reactions: 3 users
My secondary was processed on August 9th and I still have not heard anything yet. My file is seemingly frozen in time. People keep saying that they are getting interviews in the next week of submitting their secondary. Have they already rejected me?

On Friday, I got a text in the morning that said my file was under review. Nine hours later, I got a text that said the previous text was in error and to disregard. So I guess they are not reviewing my app lol? No info session, no II.

All this after my application portal has been saying "An admissions decision has been made on your file. We will contact you in 30 days" for well over 30 days. Submitted secondary on 6/29. Wtf is going on?

Sent an email for clarification. Really frustrated with them. If they're going to reject me I wish they would just go ahead and do it, but it would have been an extremely swift decision on my file. 3.3/516.
Just wanted to add that I have still no information/updates/email responses! Lmao

My secondary was processed on August 9th and I still have not heard anything yet. My file is seemingly frozen in time. People keep saying that they are getting interviews in the next week of submitting their secondary. Have they already rejected me?
I'm not sure if LECOM-PA handles things differently from LECOM-B (I'm only applying to the former) but nothing's been super quick for me lol: 5/31 submitted app, 6/21 received supplemental app, 7/21 received interview invite, 9/6 completed zoom info (b/c that's the soonest that was available by the time I received the link to schedule it), and 9/12 my folder items were marked complete.

Can someone explain this on campus tour/interview thing? I have my information session on 9/18. Will my application still be reviewed if I do not attend/ will not attending hurt my chances? I am guessing they mention the tour in the information session.

Can someone explain this on campus tour/interview thing? I have my information session on 9/18. Will my application still be reviewed if I do not attend/ will not attending hurt my chances? I am guessing they mention the tour in the information session.

I believe someone posted earlier in this forum that they were told that not attending doesn’t negatively affect your app but attending does *help* your app bc they take attendance and know who has/hasn’t done the tour.

Reactions: 1 users
I believe someone posted earlier in this forum that they were told that not attending doesn’t negatively affect your app but attending does *help* your app bc they take attendance and know who has/hasn’t done the tour.
Got it, thanks.

Applied to LECOM Bradenton. Scheduled Interview and Info Session. Yet, my file folder indicates several unreceived credits/letters/secondary app. Is this a system lag/error? AACOMAS app denotes verified apps, evaluations completed and transcripts arrived. Asking for ED while now I’m worried there’s missing info on the LECOM side. Any advice?

I'm not sure if LECOM-PA handles things differently from LECOM-B (I'm only applying to the former) but nothing's been super quick for me lol: 5/31 submitted app, 6/21 received supplemental app, 7/21 received interview invite, 9/6 completed zoom info (b/c that's the soonest that was available by the time I received the link to schedule it), and 9/12 my folder items were marked complete.
So 6 days following your PA Info Session, your folder was marked green/complete?

Historically, when is it too late to interview at this school? I am from NY and I have one II at Elmira in early Nov and one II for Bradenton in mid October (my II were sent in August but these were the only available slots at the time). I have a 3.9+ GPA/low 51x MCAT. I am really hoping for Elmira which I am a good fit for since it is local. Anyone have insights into the post-II acceptance rate or how many get pulled from wailists?

Historically, when is it too late to interview at this school? I am from NY and I have one II at Elmira in early Nov and one II for Bradenton in mid October (my II were sent in August but these were the only available slots at the time). I have a 3.9+ GPA/low 51x MCAT. I am really hoping for Elmira which I am a good fit for since it is local. Anyone have insights into the post-II acceptance rate or how many get pulled from wailists?

I don’t have any hard #s unfortunately but based off of other comments in LECOM threads, they get like 17k applicants a year and have a massive WL. Unsure how many get pulled from WL though. LECOM’s website shows a graduating class of ~550, but that’s across all the graduating classes, so maybe that can help you do some napkin math? Also unsure whether the 17k is inclusive of brandenton or not.