2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Elmira, NY)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so it seems like it does not matter which campus we interview at (its' zoom anyway) because you still have a chance to rank your campus after the informational session as well as your learning pathway preference. Is this right for those who already interviewed? I am interviewing at Elmira next week but Im not sure the PBL pathway is right for me, and Elmira has this as the only pathway.

Members don't see this ad.

so it seems like it does not matter which campus we interview at (its' zoom anyway) because you still have a chance to rank your campus after the informational session as well as your learning pathway preference. Is this right for those who already interviewed? I am interviewing at Elmira next week but Im not sure the PBL pathway is right for me, and Elmira has this as the only pathway.

I believe so- I interviewed **ED though so I’m not sure if that makes a difference. Brandenton is its own separate thing but otherwise Elmira / SH / Erie are grouped together as far as the admissions process goes.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are all the interviews and acceptances given out so far mainly for ED students? I am regular decision for LECOM and info session is in November is that too late yall think? NY applicant LM 71 (3.9x GPA, Low 51x MCAT)

If possible, I recommend reaching out to current students through social media to ask their opinions. From what I gathered talking to some PBL students over at Bradenton it's basically really good if you are self directed in learning since it's so hands off from a faculty perspective. Basically imagine asynch classes from COVID if that makes sense.

Has anyone completed the info session and can tell me alittle about it? I understand it’s basically presentations, but is there any interview style questions or is this our chance to learn more about the program and ask the questions

Has anyone completed the info session and can tell me alittle about it? I understand it’s basically presentations, but is there any interview style questions or is this our chance to learn more about the program and ask the questions
Group activity

Just an info sesh. Zoom opens 30 min ahead of formal start time to mingle w other applicants. Then you'll have a presentation on the learning pathways, and one about LECOM in general. Then a Q&A with current students. No interview questions. Just a chance to learn more about the program

Reactions: 2 users
Just an info sesh. Zoom opens 30 min ahead of formal start time to mingle w other applicants. Then you'll have a presentation on the learning pathways, and one about LECOM in general. Then a Q&A with current students. No interview questions. Just a chance to learn more about the program
You must have had a different info session than me lol

Members don't see this ad :)
What was elmiras like then that’s different than what they wrote?^^
we def had a group activity/discussion for my info session. Idk if they're talking about Erie but there's a separate forum for that. Maybe they don't always do it but just a heads up. Def caught me off guard

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
we def had a group activity/discussion for my info session. Idk if they're talking about Erie but there's a separate forum for that. Maybe they don't always do it but just a heads up. Def caught me off guard
Can agree there was def a group activity/discussion during the info session today 9/29. Thanks for the info before hand !

Mine rn as of 9/18 just changed to "
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you.

i think rejection. lol? idk anyone else who got this message got an II? idk
Most likely a rejection if it’s pre interview invite

I just got an email that I was added to the alternative list. Info session was about 2 weeks ago.

If I did ED, would it be possible for me to pay my deposit and withdraw later? I got accepted to another school I like and will need more time to decide. I'm okay with losing the $1500 since it's such a big decision but I just want to make sure there will be no problems with LECOM if I decide to choose the other school.

If I did ED, would it be possible for me to pay my deposit and withdraw later? I got accepted to another school I like and will need more time to decide. I'm okay with losing the $1500 since it's such a big decision but I just want to make sure there will be no problems with LECOM if I decide to choose the other school.
Yes, it’s not binding

Anyone from 9/12 info session here anything? Supposed to be ED.

Is it more like a group thing where you can ask questions to the presenter or do they ask you like traditional 1 to 1 questions as well like the asynch compontent?
It’s a group info session with time for applicants to ask questions.

Is it more like a group thing where you can ask questions to the presenter or do they ask you like traditional 1 to 1 questions as well like the asynch compontent?
Scroll up and read throughout the thread it’s been answered. But it’s a group info session - breakout rooms with group activities, and Q&As with admin and students.

Anyone from 9/12 info session here anything? Supposed to be ED.
I had my info session that same day. I was waitlisted. Received it like 2 weeks later via email and mail.

Has anyone been able to get through to the office to figure out what’s going on with the EDP?

Do I need to send my LORs to LECOM again if I already submitted all my letters to AACOMAS?

Do I need to send my LORs to LECOM again if I already submitted all my letters to AACOMAS?

LORs do not need to be sent directly if they were already submitted to AACOMAS! If you receive an II then MCAT/ACT/SAT scores should be sent directly to LECOM, and if accepted then all transcripts also need to be sent directly to LECOM. Hope that helps!

LORs do not need to be sent directly if they were already submitted to AACOMAS! If you receive an II then MCAT/ACT/SAT scores should be sent directly to LECOM, and if accepted then all transcripts also need to be sent directly to LECOM. Hope that helps!
Thank you so much.

I thought that they were interchangeable.

If you go on Reddit you’ll find posts from multiple applicants who’ve been placed on the alt list, called LECOM, and received the explanation that the alt is a backup to the WL.