2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Elmira, NY)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days.
no email though :/

Members don't see this ad.

The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days.
no email though :/
Same... if they send me a rejection through the mail I might die LMAO

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we get any secondary? I haven't received any emails from them. thanks for your input.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today 8/31. Info session was 8/25, I was early decision.
3.3 GPA overall (3.87 from where I graduate) and a 512 MCAT!
So happy!

Edit: I am IS

Last edited:
does anyone know if your folder items have to be check marked before you conduct your interview???? My folder items are all red still and I have to complete my interview before Sep 4th. Will it be a problem if i submit my video interview even though they are red???

1693514035064.png

does anyone know if your folder items have to be check marked before you conduct your interview???? My folder items are all red still and I have to complete my interview before Sep 4th. Will it be a problem if i submit my video interview even though they are red???

View attachment 376322
No. They check them off manually the week of your information session.

Hi, I had a question so my secondary got processed on 8/23 and under "view admission status" it says "We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made. Thank you"...how long does it usually take before someone gets an II ? im hearing around 2-3 weeks but idk and is there still a chance to be considered for ED ?

Oh and there is nothing in my folder items ...is that normal or am i supposed to see something at this point ?

Does anyone know if an informational session scheduled for November means I would be interviewing for a waitlist spot?

Is the late october information session a bad sign? I am just nervous that I didn't get my stuff in early, this is my first application cycle and my stats are not great. Thanks

Is the late october information session a bad sign? I am just nervous that I didn't get my stuff in early, this is my first application cycle and my stats are not great. Thanks
To be honest at least you have an info session...im still waiting for an email after my secondary got processed...

I dont think its a bad sign bc I called them today and she said they send out applications to the Admission committee in waves all the way up until march and people can get interviews beyond that...and she said not to worry...if anything we should hear back in about 2 weeks-4weeks from when your secondary was processed

Just got an email that I was accepted! My info session was 9/1

Reactions: 1 users
I went with regular decision cos of other interviews coming up and the deposit is quite high, but feeling like I shoulda just done ED. Oh well.

I feel that… I have a couple other DO interviews and an MD interview coming up but I’m happy that I can now sleep at night knowing that I at least have one acceptance. That was worth $1500 for me but I’m also a re-applicant and am at my wit’s end lol. Either way, you got this! Just gotta be patient for that A!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I’m sorry but it’s so funny that we can see their cafeteria menu for September on the application portal

Reactions: 2 users
Any current students (or students who have visited): are there things to do in Elmira/surrounding areas? What is would life look like out there?

anyone else's folder all X's still
Mine theres nothing and i just today (9/18) got a "
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you.

is this a rejection? lol

Thanks! If you don't mind me asking, what does ur portal say when you press view admissions status? Did they change it before/after acceptance?
Mine rn as of 9/18 just changed to "
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you.

i think rejection. lol? idk anyone else who got this message got an II? idk

Mine rn as of 9/18 just changed to "

i think rejection. lol? idk anyone else who got this message got an II? idk
Were you Early Decision?

Anyone have any tips for the interview / info session? Just wondering how difficult the questions may be or what exactly the info session is like. Thanks :)

Anyone have any tips for the interview / info session? Just wondering how difficult the questions may be or what exactly the info session is like. Thanks :)

If you go on Reddit you’ll find a goldmine of questions asked during the interviews :)

Zoom info session is actually what it sounds like. 30-40 applicants, a couple presenters. Wear nice clothes, be polite, low-stress environment. Raise your hand if you have a question etc

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could advise me on whether or not mentioning the fact that my girlfriend was recently accepted and put down her deposit to attend a specific medical school would be advisable or not during a 'thank you' email following my own med school interview for that same program? I've heard that some schools value partners/significant others applying to the same school as they appreciate the fact that it is a very crucial support system for many students in order to succeed throughout medical school, however, I wanted to make sure my mentioning this fact would not negatively hurt my chances of gaining admittance as well.

Any help with this matter would be great, thank you!

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could advise me on whether or not mentioning the fact that my girlfriend was recently accepted and put down her deposit to attend a specific medical school would be advisable or not during a 'thank you' email following my own med school interview for that same program? I've heard that some schools value partners/significant others applying to the same school as they appreciate the fact that it is a very crucial support system for many students in order to succeed throughout medical school, however, I wanted to make sure my mentioning this fact would not negatively hurt my chances of gaining admittance as well.

Any help with this matter would be great, thank you!
Is a ring, a date, and legal involved?

Has anyone who interviewed gotten this message. “The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days." Does this typically mean acceptance, waitlist, or rejection post interview.

Has anyone who interviewed gotten this message. “The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days." Does this typically mean acceptance, waitlist, or rejection post interview.

A or WL! The R messages are “30 days.”