2022 NHSC Scholarship Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Countersigned at 10:35AM! Second round finalist emailed 14th and returned the 15th!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Countersigned at 1:30pm 9/13! Second round finalist, emailed 8/16, returned info 8/17!

Members don't see this ad :)
My portal just updated and I’ve taken a look at all the information. So if I’m not mistaken, is all we do right is to send the NHSC School Guidance to our school for them to follow all the steps? I don’t see any forms for them to fill out and the instructions seem vague.

Also, it says on my portal that my “site POC” is not activated. I’m assuming I won’t activate that until I find a site before graduation?

My portal just updated and I’ve taken a look at all the information. So if I’m not mistaken, is all we do right is to send the NHSC School Guidance to our school for them to follow all the steps? I don’t see any forms for them to fill out and the instructions seem vague.

Also, it says on my portal that my “site POC” is not activated. I’m assuming I won’t activate that until I find a site before graduation?
That is correct. The instructions are a little vague, but once they create an account on their end, all they have to do is fax the invoices. They don’t really need to know much beyond that as long as the bills are getting paid by NHSC.
The site POC is nothing you have to worry about. That is the point of contact at either your school or where you will be working after you graduate. That is not you.

Reactions: 1 user
That is correct. The instructions are a little vague, but once they create an account on their end, all they have to do is fax the invoices. They don’t really need to know much beyond that as long as the bills are getting paid by NHSC.
The site POC is nothing you have to worry about. That is the point of contact at either your school or where you will be working after you graduate. That is not you.
since we're not allowed to take out more loans after fall 2022 (since NHSC will cover the rest of tuition/COA/etc) how should we make adjustments to our current loans as we wait for NHSC to give us more information on refunds/bills/etc?

Really appreciate you answering all of our questions! Without you, all of us would be lost

since we're not allowed to take out more loans after fall 2022 (since NHSC will cover the rest of tuition/COA/etc) how should we make adjustments to our current loans as we wait for NHSC to give us more information on refunds/bills/etc?
I wouldn’t do anything. Everything with loans should be automatic once the school receives the funds from the NHSC. Trying to do your own calculations would likely result in a really stressful situation.

also Countersigned this morning at 9:06
submitted finalist application Aug 31, 2022

Reactions: 1 users
My portal hasnt changed yet. I got finalist notification 8/8 and countersigned 9/7, should I be worried or ?

Got an email at 9pm CST to check the portal for an update and officially got the offer! I can’t see when I was countersigned anymore. I switched schools to my IS school after I submitted my app so was very nervous I was going to be disqualified buuut all worked out!! To everyone who hasn’t gotten a countersig yet yours is coming :)

we can still take out some loans to supplement the stipend right? the stipend doesn’t cover my rent so i was hoping to keep my refund and just have a small amount of loans.

Members don't see this ad :)
My portal hasnt changed yet. I got finalist notification 8/8 and countersigned 9/7, should I be worried or ?

I got my counter sign on 9/7 as well and haven’t gotten my portal notification yet! It seems like there’s about an 8-10 day turnaround on that (as many people I’ve read who got their signature on 9/2 just got portal change on 9/12-9/13). I’m also a little worried but trying to stay calm!

Has anyone received confirmation of any sort after sending their summer EVF as requested? I emailed them the documents back filled out when they asked via email and even wrote an e-mail back asking for confirmation of receiving it on their end but no response. I have also not gotten a countersignature yet and I was part of the first round of finalists.

I got my counter sign on 9/7 as well and haven’t gotten my portal notification yet! It seems like there’s about an 8-10 day turnaround on that (as many people I’ve read who got their signature on 9/2 just got portal change on 9/12-9/13). I’m also a little worried but trying to stay calm!
Still haven’t gotten a countersignature and was part of the first round of finalists…

Trying to not get too anxious over it :/
they send updates until 9/30 so i would just wait! im sure good news will be delievered soon!!

If we have not heard anything yet, and our application status says “under review”, is it safe to assume that we are definitely not being awarded the scholarship

If we have not heard anything yet, and our application status says “under review”, is it safe to assume that we are definitely not being awarded the scholarship
I really think they are gonna roll out more countersignatures in the coming weeks. I wouldn’t lose hope until sept 30th has passed

after the school submits an invoice to the NHSC SP with tuition/fees, then NHSC SP would directly pay them for our tuition/fees for the 2022-2023 school year, right? (if we borrowed loans for the entire year)?
although it'd just take a while until like late oct/early nov cuz thats also when we'd get our ORC/stipend as well, right?

after the school submits an invoice to the NHSC SP with tuition/fees, then NHSC SP would directly pay them for our tuition/fees for the 2022-2023 school year, right? (if we borrowed loans for the entire year)?
although it'd just take a while until like late oct/early nov cuz thats also when we'd get our ORC/stipend as well, right?
I was about to ask this! My financial aid person asked for my award letter for the invoice

No, they pay semester by semester after you submit your semesterly transcript and EVF.

Has anyone received confirmation of any sort after sending their summer EVF as requested? I emailed them the documents back filled out when they asked via email and even wrote an e-mail back asking for confirmation of receiving it on their end but no response. I have also not gotten a countersignature yet and I was part of the first round of finalists.
I emailed my summer EVF Aug 29th (they emailed asking for it Aug 25th) never got a confirmation or heard anything back about the EVF. Did get a countersignature 9/2 though

I really think they are gonna roll out more countersignatures in the coming weeks. I wouldn’t lose hope until sept 30th has passed
Wouldn’t I have at least been declared as a finalist? Cause I have not heard anything at all since submitting my application

in addition to the PPT presentation, do you also need to send your countersigned contract to the fin aid office as well?

in addition to the PPT presentation, do you also need to send your countersigned contract to the fin aid office as well?
I just gave them my award letter and the ppt and they said they’d email me if they needed more info

Any round 2 finalists still not signed? Been idea quiet last couple days. Getting nervous.

Wouldn’t I have at least been declared as a finalist? Cause I have not heard anything at all since submitting my application

Same here. Kinda losing hope at this point since everyone has been receiving either a finalist notification or countersignatures :(

Fingers crossed for the next two weeks! Never seen a finalist that didn’t get a countersignature. Correct me if I’m wrong. 🙏🏻

Still no counter signature or portal change. Should I be worried?

Still no counter signature or portal change. Should I be worried?
u all have until 9/30.. i honestly feel like just wait... if ur a finalist, as everyone said, if u were selected as a finalist theres a 99% chance ur a recipient

Just checked my junk mail and the email was there! Double check yours!!

Hi Everyone,
I got emailed about portal update from applicant to participant 1:30 pm PST.(9/15/2022)
Signed by Jamie King Sept 12 9:02 am
I got finalist notification on 8/29
Submitted docs 9/2
Good luck to all who are waiting. Don't lose hope. God is Great

Reactions: 5 users
FINALLY got my countersignature.

First Round Finalist Notification: August 8th
Submitted: August 9th

Countersignature: September 16, 2022 8:23 A.M

Wishing all you guys waiting a speedy countersignature! They ARE still going out!

p.s I also forgot something on my EVF that I only realized this week. I called them and they said they would escalate it, so I was very anxious... but I still have it signed! Putting that out there for people who did the same.

Last edited:
Do we have to sign a contract for each school year? Or is this contract we've signed for the number of years we indicated in our application? I asked for 4, but I see on the link they told us to bookmark for compliance that we can apply for more support at the end of our contract year.

Do we have to sign a contract for each school year? Or is this contract we've signed for the number of years we indicated in our application? I asked for 4, but I see on the link they told us to bookmark for compliance that we can apply for more support at the end of our contract year.
If you requested 4, the contract is likely for 4. You can verify that in your portal once it is updated. I believe it is under the service tab on the right hand side once you login.

FINALLY got my countersignature.

First Round Finalist Notification: August 8th
Submitted: August 9th

Countersignature: September 16, 2022 8:23 A.M

Wishing all you guys waiting a speedy countersignature! They ARE still going out!

p.s I also forgot something on my EVF that I only realized this week. I called them and they said they would escalate it, so I was very anxious... but I still have it signed! Putting that out there for people who did the same.
Do I know you?

Last edited:
just got a notice from my school saying i need to return almost all of my loans because NHSC “covers living expenses” thus removing my cost of living loans. is this true? i thought we could take out all the supplemental loans aside from tuition and fees.

for reference i took out the full amount of loans i could to cover tuition and other expenses, and thought that the stipend would just supplement these loans. they’re asking me to return almost 11k before October.

Does anyone know if NHSC will pay for our loupes or is that a nonrefundable cost?

just got a notice from my school saying i need to return almost all of my loans because NHSC “covers living expenses” thus removing my cost of living loans. is this true? i thought we could take out all the supplemental loans aside from tuition and fees.

for reference i took out the full amount of loans i could to cover tuition and other expenses, and thought that the stipend would just supplement these loans. they’re asking me to return almost 11k before October.
The school should allow you to keep some of your loans. It might not be much, but it would be the amount above what you are getting for your stipend up to what your school is calculating as cost of living.

My school made us buy our 10k dental kit from our refund. So we paid it from our pockets.Can that be added to our ORC?

My school made us buy our 10k dental kit from our refund. So we paid it from our pockets.Can that be added to our ORC?
Same as loupes, I’ve heard of people getting things like that paid for since they are required, but I am unfamiliar with that process. You can ask through your portal and see what they say. Can’t hurt to try.

This is the list of what is not covers.
1663625136949.png

and what is covers
1663625178900.png

I think loupes is part of education/technology.laboratory fees I think. so maybe that will be covered.

The school should allow you to keep some of your loans. It might not be much, but it would be the amount above what you are getting for your stipend up to what your school is calculating as cost of living.

so the stipend does count towards cost of living and isn’t just separate income since it’s taxed?

Hey y'all! I just got my countersign soooo putting this out here in case anyone is worried like I was!

For more context: Finalist notification on 8/8, submitted by 8/11 but forgot to sign the W-4 so contacted the program and they said they may need me to redo the form. Never got a follow up about resubmitting the w-4 which made me feel anxious but got the countersignature this morning at 8:37 AM !

No email or change of status, I just happened to think "let me log in and see"

If you haven't gotten yours yet, it's coming I promise.