2022-2023 University of Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine (UP-KYCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview Invite just now!

Will be conducted via zoom. Don’t have a date yet.

In-state | 507 | 3.9 | solid ECs

Hopeful to get one! Same stats except from TN

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
To my fellow low stat applicants: just had the best chat with the admissions director and was told this.

We do consider 498 MCAT scores a bit later in the cycle. Best wishes!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
To my fellow low stat applicants: just had the best chat with the admissions director and was told this.

We do consider 498 MCAT scores a bit later in the cycle. Best wishes!

Is that the lowest they take

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow that's crazy no one else on this thread got an II? Congrats to the person who got one

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My status just says “complete” but when I go into the UPIKE portal and click on the interview tab, it has “congratulations, I am delighted into inform you that you are invited to interview….”

In the interview portal it says interviews will be in person, but the email I just received says it will be online via zoom.
Where exactly did you see the interview tab?

Where exactly did you see the interview tab?

It’s between the “contact information” and “secondary app” tabs within the UPIKE portal. Perhaps if you don’t see it, it only unlocks when you receive an II.

I wouldn’t stress, from speaking with the admissions lady they have lots of interview slots slated for the coming weeks. I’m sure more invitations will go out this week.

It’s between the “contact information” and “secondary app” tabs within the UPIKE portal. Perhaps if you don’t see it, it only unlocks when you receive an II.

I wouldn’t stress, from speaking with the admissions lady they have lots of interview slots slated for the coming weeks. I’m sure more invitations will go out this week.
Im going to refresh the site until it magically appears on my page lol

You’ve been killing it this cycle omg!! Congrats! Stats?
stats are in my signature :)

I mean, I've gotten three IIs to all definitely lowest tier DO schools and haven't heard jack from mid-high tier DO, but YES I'm extremely, extremely grateful and feel so overwhelmed with gratitude. When I saw my MCAT I didn't think I'd even get one interview. I'm shocked.

stats are in my signature :)

I mean, I've gotten three IIs to all definitely lowest tier DO schools and haven't heard jack from mid-high tier DO, but YES I'm extremely, extremely grateful and feel so overwhelmed with gratitude. When I saw my MCAT I didn't think I'd even get one interview. I'm shocked.
Sorry was on mobile so didn’t see signature! Hoping to also have some degree of success but I know my time will be later as a lower MCAT score

Those who have gotten II, how did y’all schedule it? I tried calling Jennifer but I had to leave a voicemail

Hi all:) I am a recent graduate from KYCOM. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hey Medscigirl! I’m getting more anxious and excited as my interview approaches on Tuesday. Any interview specific tips?

I'm not gonna lie, I feel like KYCOM's email with the information packets/pdfs/attachments is really nice. I can do it on my own time, don't have to take PTO to attend a 4+ hour long meeting. I much prefer this to the long, drawn-out, boring info sessions at other schools.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm not gonna lie, I feel like KYCOM's email with the information packets/pdfs/attachments is really nice. I can do it on my own time, don't have to take PTO to attend a 4+ hour long meeting. I much prefer this to the long, drawn-out, boring info sessions at other schools.

AMEN!!!!

Just finished my interview. For everyone with interviews coming up, do not stress! I stressed so much and had the most pleasant experience. KYCOM truly means it when they say they want to get to know you as a person

Reactions: 4 users
Hey Medscigirl! I’m getting more anxious and excited as my interview approaches on Tuesday. Any interview specific tips?
Ahh so sorry I missed this!! Sounds like you did amazing regardless. My bad!

Just interviewed today. Very relaxing and it felt like they didn’t even have a list of questions to ask. They asked me to tell them about myself and went off questions from that. Very conversational and relaxed. Was told the ADCOM meets sept. 7th so I should hear back within 3 weeks for a decision

Reactions: 3 users
Any sub 500 MCATs get an interview from here just yet? I know they said later in the cycle but just asking

Just interviewed today. Very relaxing and it felt like they didn’t even have a list of questions to ask. They asked me to tell them about myself and went off questions from that. Very conversational and relaxed. Was told the ADCOM meets sept. 7th so I should hear back within 3 weeks for a decision

I was given the same 3 week timeline. Glad to hear your experience was similar to mine :) fingers crossed for us both!

II this morning at 7:30am!
OOS 3.5 506
Primary submitted 8/17
Secondary submitted 8/27

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone else unable to log into the portal? It says login attempt unsuccessful but it's been working every single day before this....was I rejected and they closed my portal down? 😭