2022-2023 Post Bac admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovebreakfast

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am starting a thread for the current post-bac admissions cycle. Anyone receive an interview invite yet? Where did you apply?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! I am starting a thread for the current post-bac admissions cycle. Anyone receive an interview invite yet? Where did you apply?
I have seven apps in and have an interview with UVA and GWU. I’m in the lower end of the academic spectrum, but have a unique non-trad profile.

I’m just trying to figure out if the interviews go out to everyone or if I’m seriously being considered.

I have seven apps in and have an interview with UVA and GWU. I’m in the lower end of the academic spectrum, but have a unique non-trad profile.

I’m just trying to figure out if the interviews go out to everyone or if I’m seriously being considered.
Do you mind sharing how your interview went with UVA? I have an interview with them next week and was wondering if you have any tips

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind sharing how your interview went with UVA? I have an interview with them next week and was wondering if you have any tips
They asked me the basic questions that you'll see in all of these threads: "why do you want to do this program / why UVA specifically / what do you know about our program / what's your story / tell us more about xyz from your application / why the switch into medicine now / will you financially be able to focus solely on this program and if not why?" It was somewhat informal (I only had an interview with one of the interviewers), but you might have an interview with both. I'd highly recommend getting on the UVA PBPM site and reading about the program, the staff/faculty from the UVA SCPS, and watching 1-2 of the informative videos somewhere on that site/YouTube.

Good luck with the interview!

Reactions: 1 users
They asked me the basic questions that you'll see in all of these threads: "why do you want to do this program / why UVA specifically / what do you know about our program / what's your story / tell us more about xyz from your application / why the switch into medicine now / will you financially be able to focus solely on this program and if not why?" It was somewhat informal (I only had an interview with one of the interviewers), but you might have an interview with both. I'd highly recommend getting on the UVA PBPM site and reading about the program, the staff/faculty from the UVA SCPS, and watching 1-2 of the informative videos somewhere on that site/YouTube.

Good luck with the intervie
Thank you! Just finished the interview and it went similarly to how yours went! I thought it went well and my fingers are crossed awaiting a decision. Thank you again!

Thank you! Just finished the interview and it went similarly to how yours went! I thought it went well and my fingers are crossed awaiting a decision. Thank you again!
Of course and congrats! Hope to see you in June!

Of course and congrats! Hope to see you in June!
Hello!

I just wanted to say thank you again as I was recently accepted into UVA! I wanted to reach out to see what you did for housing in Charlottesville?

Hello!

I just wanted to say thank you again as I was recently accepted into UVA! I wanted to reach out to see what you did for housing in Charlottesville?
Congrats!! I’ve been patiently waiting and watching the markets, but by the end of February/early March rentals should become available in the June timeframe. I unfortunately need a 3br because I’m bringing a decent size family with me so my options are limited.

That’s said, the uva offgrounds site has some decent studio+ rentals that aren’t too outrageous of a price.

I was advised to stay away from the undergrad housing.

If you haven’t logged on yet, check out HOME | UVAPBPM and comb through everything there

Congrats!! I’ve been patiently waiting and watching the markets, but by the end of February/early March rentals should become available in the June timeframe. I unfortunately need a 3br because I’m bringing a decent size family with me so my options are limited.

That’s said, the uva offgrounds site has some decent studio+ rentals that aren’t too outrageous of a price.

I was advised to stay away from the undergrad housing.

If you haven’t logged on yet, check out HOME | UVAPBPM and comb through everything there
Awesome, thank you for the help!!

I know this is old but does uva have a gpa requirement and how did you like the program ?

Not sure about the gpa requirement as I had a very low gpa (about 3.0), but I have some very unique non trad experiences. I’m in the program now and love it. The cohort is close d as bd the teachers are phenomenal. The advising is great and they are handholding us through the application process very well. I’d highly recommend this program