This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dcz17

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed there isn’t a group for this next NSU MBS Post Bacc program cycle. Wanted to know who all is applying and hearing back. See what can be expected and how collective knowledge about specifics can help!

Currently I applied March 22nd haven’t heard back yet
Sci GPA: 3.2
Overall GPA 3.6
GRE 306

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Hi dcz17, it took about a month to hear back with a decision via email and they send you an official (same) letter too, but Mr. James Redding was/is super helpful in updating me and I was also proactive in asking if I was missing anything else. They also give you a call to let you know if something is missing or when your app is under review. For reference, I applied through PostBacCAS & the "secondary" through the NSU website about 22 March, got notified of acceptance via email and he said the letter was coming in the mail 14 April.

You can def message me if you really wanna know my stats lmao, but I am not sharing to the world how horrible my MCAT is lol. My overall GPA is above 3.0 and thankfully, my sGPA made the 3.0+ mark after I did another postbac/bachelors. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about stats or compare with others bc we all have different applications/experiences...Just like in med school, you never know what they look for! :) It took me months to contemplate submitting via PostBacCAS bc of the time, energy, and effort I needed to do it lol...I'm a super nontrad like I tell others and attended several schools, so my transcripts took me a minute just to fill out lol. And it's expensive (esp. applying to multiple schools), but I do love the PostBacCAS' customer service.

From my understanding, getting a 3.5 MBS GPA after you complete the program, have at least a 505 MCAT, have taken anatomy and micro in the program, have an overall 3.0+ GPA, AND have an MBS faculty LOR, THEN you're guaranteed an interview to the program that you would like (ie. med school, dental, PA, etc.)...Unfortunately, this is not an automatic acceptance. But I've researched and applied to many other postbacc/graduate programs and I know NSU DO has a program called, "Health Professions Preparations Certificate". When you get admitted to that program, if you meet their requirements, you will be admitted to their DO school after your program ends, so you won't have another gap year. :) I hope that helps, let me know if there's anything I can answer. The people I reached out to have been super helpful including a student who gave me a lot of advice and honest perspectives. :)

I really wanted to gain more perspectives from current/past students about this program because it is very intimidating and expensive to go through a program like this, so I don't take the decision lightly and I want to be as prepared as possible. I am also glad I browsed through this site. I love connecting with others who are on a mission to succeed! :)

I see there are no responses on here yet and I'm kinda sad about it lol. But I found this SDN thread where it had a bunch of other postbacc/SMP/masters input and someone named (Dr.) Brandon posted it with a lot of very useful questions! Hopefully, we can get more feedback but I will be sure to fill one of these out when I complete any of these programs lol.

Hey guys, as part of trying to continually improving the postbac forums to help SDN students looking into postbacs/SMPs, Id like to ask students here who are going through their SMP/Postbac, or have graduated since to rate their program.

FIRST: List your program and your year and then

Specifically, Id like to see users here comment about:

1) The Pros and Cons of their program (structure of the program, learning environment, cost, location, faculty, classes, difficulty, competitiveness, other students, buildings/classrooms/facilities, etc..)
2) The kinds of classes you've taken and a description.
3) Something they wished they knew coming into the program
4) Something they would like to tell incoming students about your program
5) Tips for students applying to your program
6) Did it help you get into medical school/dental school/etc.?
7) Anything else you'd like to add
8) A rating from 1-5 (1 being the worst (no recommendation) to 5 (full recommendation)

Note to students reading: A majority of these ratings will be subjective and will vary from student to student within the same program. This is just another resource to help our SDN students out

-Brandon

Link I found it at: **Rate your SMP & Postbac**

Thank you all so much and I wish you all success in school, career, and life! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there! I applied early April and haven’t heard back yet. Has anyone been accepted or have an idea of when I should expect to hear something.

I applied in April also. Emailed Mr. Redding and he said applications can take more than a month to get a decision because we may have applied during a time many applications are being sent through.

I hope we hear good news soon. I’ve been stressing out like crazy!

Hey there! I applied early April and haven’t heard back yet. Has anyone been accepted or have an idea of when I should expect to hear something.
Hey! I just heard back today so keep a lookout with your email and mail!

Hi! I applied to the MBS Program on May 4th and received an acceptance letter today!

Congratulations! Did you guys receive an email before the letter came in the mail?

To the ones that got accepted, if comfortable. What are y’all’s stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys
Im looking to send out my application by the end of the week. Is this a total shot in the dark? 🙁

I would turn in if your still interested and contact Nova but have a back up just in case !!!
Hey !!! I did !!! And also spoke to James before doing do . He said there are still plenty of seats they need to feel and I should definitely send it in. So exiting!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello all! Wondering for anyone who is planning to do this program are you guys going to to be moving to Florida or virtually do this program?

If I get in, I plan to move to Florida. But it is going to be difficult finding a place if I don’t hear back soon.

hello all i’m new to this thread and just found out about nova. is it too late to apply?

also i had a question. If people need to retake the MCAT while in the program does the program offer the option to retake or do we have to find time to do that on our own?

I just received my acceptance letter! Does anyone know when the first day of class is?

Finally found a thread for NSU lol .

Was accepted into a different SMP but hoping to receive an response from NSU soon. I applied 3 weeks ago today .

Hello all! Wondering for anyone who is planning to do this program are you guys going to to be moving to Florida or virtually do this program?
Hi, I was accepted. I’m planning to move to Florida

I believe there is no group chat! But if no one has made one so far I can!

Hi guys. I applied in early June. Are acceptances still being sent out?

Hi guys. I applied in early June. Are acceptances still being sent out?
I have no idea. I'm sure they are but just taking sometime. I applied June 27th and haven't heard anything . I emailed Mr. Redding two weeks ago for an update on my application and he stated for my application it's still pending smh 🤦🏾‍♀️. Still possible though you could still get an response back m though . I dont think classes for nova start until the end of august

I have no idea. I'm sure they are but just taking sometime. I applied June 27th and haven't heard anything . I emailed Mr. Redding two weeks ago for an update on my application and he stated for my application it's still pending smh 🤦🏾‍♀️. Still possible though you could still get an response back m though . I dont think classes for nova start until the end of august
Yeah. I believe they’re still sending out decisions. Best of luck to you!! Message me if you get in! Fingers crossed we start this upcoming semester. :). I’m sure we will.

I just submitted last night, 7/29/2022. Any updates for anyone ? Curious to know if they are still accepting. If not, I will definitely apply early for winter cycle.

I just submitted last night, 7/29/2022. Any updates for anyone ? Curious to know if they are still accepting. If not, I will definitely apply early for winter cycle.
Yeah they are but tbh I hadn't heard anything yet but that's not say you wouldn't have chance . They can accept up into the first day of school which I think is the end of august . So there is definitely hope for you I would think

Has anyone who applied June/July gotten an acceptance yet? I recently get accepted into another program but I’m waiting to hear back from NSU

James Redding sent me an email today with some clarification regarding the NSU application for the Fall of 2022. He had extended the deadline for the NSU supplemental application to August 10. So for those of you who had applied earlier on and still waiting for a decision to be made, I believe they are still deciding and sending out acceptances. Of note, I submitted my application on the date of the deadline 7/29/2022.

Has anyone applied to, or heard back from their application, for NSU MBS Spring 2023 start date?

Has anyone applied to, or heard back from their application, for NSU MBS Spring 2023 start date?
I applied for Winter 2023 (January) start and haven't heard back yet, I might contact the admissions counselor in a week or two for an update. Based off of the previous posts it seems like it'll take some time.

MBS student here! Ask any questions you may have. Currently applying to medical school so I'm on the "medical track" if that helps! Some things I'd like to mention:
- the classes are hybrid, you can go in person or watch online (which is awesome for those who aren't local)
- the program offers numerous "extra" opportunities to boost your application. Since there's no summer classes, I did a research internship AND a paid 1-month cadaver dissection program with two MD and MBS anatomy professors
- Classes aren't easy. Basically a different professor for different units. For example, I have 5 different professors for all 5 exams in Pharm

I received 0 interview invites last application cycle. Just applied in May, halfway through the MBS, and I've received 3 II already. There are cons, such as a weak linkage to the Nova MD school and virtually no linkage to the Nova DO school, but the majority of the professors are very nice and helpful, the classes are hard but not impossible, and if you're a good student, the school provides numerous extra opportunities (like the ones I mentioned above) for you to boost your application even further.

Ask away if you have any questions!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
MBS student here! Ask any questions you may have. Currently applying to medical school so I'm on the "medical track" if that helps! Some things I'd like to mention:
- the classes are hybrid, you can go in person or watch online (which is awesome for those who aren't local)
- the program offers numerous "extra" opportunities to boost your application. Since there's no summer classes, I did a research internship AND a paid 1-month cadaver dissection program with two MD and MBS anatomy professors
- Classes aren't easy. Basically a different professor for different units. For example, I have 5 different professors for all 5 exams in Pharm

I received 0 interview invites last application cycle. Just applied in May, halfway through the MBS, and I've received 3 II already. There are cons, such as a weak linkage to the Nova MD school and virtually no linkage to the Nova DO school, but the majority of the professors are very nice and helpful, the classes are hard but not impossible, and if you're a good student, the school provides numerous extra opportunities (like the ones I mentioned above) for you to boost your application even further.

Ask away if you have any questions!
Thanks for the info that was very helpful! So with the classes being a bit split up for each topic, how often are exams?

Thanks for the info that was very helpful! So with the classes being a bit split up for each topic, how often are exams?
Depends on the class, they vary from 2-5 exams but most have 4. Overall usually see about 1 exam per class per month. It’s not too bad honestly!

Reactions: 1 users
I applied in late October and received my acceptance for winter 2023 yesterday.
Has anyone made a group chat for spring 2023?

Having graduated from the program, I would caution anyone who is considering attending this program.

• Wow
It is the biggest waste of money. DM me if you want
Curious why you feel that way. I graduated from it too and I think it has seriously improved my candidacy.

Now if you want to go to NSU’s med school then yes it’s a waste of money, they don’t bother taking the MBS students. The “guaranteed interview” aspect is a joke and just a courtesy, they don’t show any loyalty towards MBS students.

But I’ve received numerous interviews and a couple of acceptances after receiving zero last cycle. Program has helped me a lot

Curious why you feel that way. I graduated from it too and I think it has seriously improved my candidacy.

Now if you want to go to NSU’s med school then yes it’s a waste of money, they don’t bother taking the MBS students. The “guaranteed interview” aspect is a joke and just a courtesy, they don’t show any loyalty towards MBS students.

But I’ve received numerous interviews and a couple of acceptances after receiving zero last cycle. Program has helped me a lot
Why would they not show loyalty if you aced their own masters program?

Why would they not show loyalty if you aced their own masters program?
Its a racket. Save your money and just study for the MCAT and crush the exam. That’s really all you need. If you have a terrible undergrad GPA maybe I could see doing this. Even then I am not sure. The head of admissions for the MD program spoke to us and said flat out even if you have a really good gpa in the MBS program but a terrible undergrad gpa your probably not going to get accepted. If anything look into thr chip program.

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone is applying for Fall 2023? I didn't see an updated forum and just wondering how the application process is going for everyone so far.

• Care