2022-2023 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
should we call if still on screen review

Members don't see this ad.

I'm wondering this too. I got an email saying my application was complete on 8/4 but it says at screen review on the status tab.
mine says "your application is at screening" is this what you're referring to?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Why were you guys thinking of calling? Doesn't that just mean they have decided whether to send you an II or not?
Wait is this true? So if you’re “complete” you’ll get an II?

I thought when they say screening they mean they are reviewing your app to see if they like you or not?
I actually don’t know, that’s maybe a good question to email them? Mine says “your application is complete” under complete and has all check marks so I’m hoping that means an II?

Nooo. Screening is to make sure they have all the info they need! It’s just to double check basically that everything has gone through. It does not mean an II. I know this because of the email I got after the secondary

Nooo. Screening is to make sure they have all the info they need! It’s just to double check basically that everything has gone through. It does not mean an II. I know this because of the email I got after the secondary

This is what I’m referring to:

Over the next couple of weeks we will begin evaluating your application. This includes reviewing your Letters of Recommendation, this Secondary Application, MCAT score(s), essays, required courses and more. You will see through the applicant portal that you letters are complete, this does not mean your application is complete, we follow up with you via email to let you know if your application is complete or if we will need additional information. Your campus Director of Admissions will then review your completed application and contact you if you are eligible for an interview!

This is what I’m referring to:

Over the next couple of weeks we will begin evaluating your application. This includes reviewing your Letters of Recommendation, this Secondary Application, MCAT score(s), essays, required courses and more. You will see through the applicant portal that you letters are complete, this does not mean your application is complete, we follow up with you via email to let you know if your application is complete or if we will need additional information. Your campus Director of Admissions will then review your completed application and contact you if you are eligible for an interview!
hm that's interesting because I got an email saying my application was complete but my portal says the screening thing

"Hello,

We are pleased to learn of your continued interest in the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine. I can confirm your application is complete as we are in receipt of your Secondary Application, processing fee, and all required letters of recommendation.

We will continue to interview into spring, 2023. Once your application is reviewed, we will be certain to provide you with an update on your status.

Considering we utilize a rolling admissions process, applications will be reviewed for interviews periodically throughout the application process. If you are not granted an interview during the first review, please be advised that your application will stay active and will be eligible for review at subsequent sessions. Should you be granted an interview, you can expect to be notified via email."

i got that email on august 3rd and had completed my secondary on july 11th

Members don't see this ad :)
hm that's interesting because I got an email saying my application was complete but my portal says the screening thing

"Hello,

We are pleased to learn of your continued interest in the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine. I can confirm your application is complete as we are in receipt of your Secondary Application, processing fee, and all required letters of recommendation.

We will continue to interview into spring, 2023. Once your application is reviewed, we will be certain to provide you with an update on your status.

Considering we utilize a rolling admissions process, applications will be reviewed for interviews periodically throughout the application process. If you are not granted an interview during the first review, please be advised that your application will stay active and will be eligible for review at subsequent sessions. Should you be granted an interview, you can expect to be notified via email."

That’s so weird. I got the same email but I’m complete in the portal…

"Hello,

I also got this same email, so what does it mean for us that are complete? They decide whether or not to send us an II? I know they say once we are reviewed they'll update us, I got that email on 8/3 and nothing yet

I also got this same email, so what does it mean for us that are complete? They decide whether or not to send us an II? I know they say once we are reviewed they'll update us, I got that email on 8/3 and nothing yet
it says my app is complete but at screening on my portal. i think they still haven't sent out the majority of their IIs

it says my app is complete but at screening on my portal. i think they still haven't sent out the majority of their IIs
I think that screening checkmark will always stay

App finally marked complete and under review for interview. (They were waiting on my Casper)
VCOM wasn’t on the list of school that required Casper when you sign up for the test. How did you send your Casper?

Submitted secondary on 7/2 and got marked as complete today. I think it just take them a long time to screen through application.

anyone know when they will send out interviews?? i have the interview tab on my portal but I am afraid to schedule without official email

just to give everyone an update: I submitted my "Interview update form" which then prompted the "interview" tab. however, no dates are available yet so I think they are still finalizing the dates and also I have not received an official II email yet.

just to give everyone an update: I submitted my "Interview update form" which then prompted the "interview" tab. however, no dates are available yet so I think they are still finalizing the dates and also I have not received an official II email yet.
Is this Virginia? How are you getting a interview tab without an official secondary? Or do you mean the confirmation email

I emailed them and they said my application was in the final stages of completion. Did anyone else email and approximately how long did it take afterwards to be marks complete?

does anyone know how long it typically takes between getting the complete email and when the interview invite form shows up in the portal?

Anyone know what "screening review" means? Does this mean that they are reviewing my application for interview or just making sure I have everything complete..

Anyone know what "screening review" means? Does this mean that they are reviewing my application for interview or just making sure I have everything complete..
making sure you have everything in. it takes like over a month i heard

Which is the most desired Edwar campus and least desired campus?
Current OMS-1 at VCOM-VA here. There isn't really a "most" or "least" desired campus. It just depends on what area you're looking to spend 2-4 years in. All of the campuses are affiliated with large universities except the Carolinas campus (to my knowledge). Virginia is the oldest and thus has the most history behind it, and Louisiana hasn't graduated a class yet.

does anyone know how long it typically takes between getting the complete email and when the interview invite form shows up in the portal?
Was wondering this also. How long after being marked complete did people see the interview invite form/interview tab show up?

Was wondering this also. How long after being marked complete did people see the interview invite form/interview tab show up?
Been complete for 3 weeks, nothing here yet

How long did it take for anyone to be complete after sending in the secondary? I sent in my secondary 7/11 and still not marked as complete.

Does anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate is? Also has anyone interviewed yet?

OOS, RD, 4.0 GPA, and 507 MCAT - submitted secondary/complete on 6/22 and haven't gotten any updates

IS, 505 mcat, 3.72 GPA, pretty decent extracurriculars.

secondary completed: 06/25
II received: 09/05

Last edited: