2022-2023 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone I know I’m late to the party but wanted to see if anyone else is in the same boat as me. I submitted my app in June and received my secondary in July. Then I submitted my secondary on July 16th. On November 7th I received an invite for an interview and the only available date was January 25th. Is this a little late? Should I attempt to call and move it up?
I would email their admissions office and asked to be placed on their call list. They will contact you if anyone with an earlier interview date cancels/reschedules/etc. Just be sure to keep your phone by your side at all times, because they told me that if you don't answer, they just move down the list until someone does in order to offer an earlier slot. This is what I did and they moved me up to an earlier slot!

No need to call, because they will basically just say what I said about singing up for their call list.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone I know I’m late to the party but wanted to see if anyone else is in the same boat as me. I submitted my app in June and received my secondary in July. Then I submitted my secondary on July 16th. On November 7th I received an invite for an interview and the only available date was January 25th. Is this a little late? Should I attempt to call and move it up?
Not early but definitely not late. I applied in February and interviewed in April during my cycle...also have several classmates who were in the same boat. Hope that helps.

Current first year here. If anyone has questions regarding the curriculum, I'll give you a good idea of what its like going to BCOM. PM me!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just got waitlisted, ouch! Congrats to anyone getting the A rn :)
hey dont lose hope! The waitlist moves pretty quick at BCOM. Most students only get into BCOM hence why they end up here but I know someone who got in May after being waitlisted. Still early

current student here, just do it ASAP. even if you get waitlisted, the line moves quickly because alot of people end up not going to BCOM (for good reasons) but it helps ur chances of getting in

current student here, just do it ASAP. even if you get waitlisted, the line moves quickly because alot of people end up not going to BCOM (for good reasons) but it helps ur chances of getting in
Can you expand on the “(for good reasons)” 🥹

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi y’all! Was wondering if there was any current students I could talk to to learn more about the program? I recently got the A from this school and really liked the vibes and interviewers I had

Withdrawing my A today, hopefully goes to one of y’all!

Closed file. 30 min interview with 2 faculty.
Pretty chill interview, it was more conversational than anything else.
Good luck!
Mine was a conversation as well but they had my supplemental file. :oops: Interviewed today :D

Can you expand on the “(for good reasons)” 🥹
it just depends. some people dont like it because its a for profit school and theres some sketchy things about it. other people end up in other places cuz its closer to home, etc. the reasons are very personal to each individual. i wish i had a choice of going somewhere else honestly but it is what it is

What is the longest period of time it has taken to hear back after an interview at BCOM? Do the decisions come back in 3-4 weeks or does it take longer/shorter time than that?

What is the longest period of time it has taken to hear back after an interview at BCOM? Do the decisions come back in 3-4 weeks or does it take longer/shorter time than that?
For my interview group took 6 weeks to hear back. I believe mostly because of Thanksgiving.

Did anyone get the "Thank you for your continued interest in Burrell" email today?

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a "GroupMe" chat for accepted students going on? I know there's a Facebook one, but I don't really use that. Just curious.
Usually the GroupMe will be made around May or June since there is a lot of waitlist movement that takes place.

Anybody here with a sub 500 get an A or WL?
Unsure for this year but I know OMS-1 and OMS-2s that had sub 500 scores

any tips on how to prepare for the interview? can't really figure out if its open or closed file?

any tips on how to prepare for the interview? can't really figure out if its open or closed file?
Hey, I would recommend to know the basic questions. Why Medicine? Why Osteopathic Medicine? Why Burrell? If you have answers make sure you are able to back them up. My interview was not closed file, some say their interview was. They had my supplemental application. They asked me a few questions that I was surprised by honestly. Didn't expect a committee to ask those things but whatever they ask you, answer to the best of your ability and just be yourself and honest. Good luck my friend!

One of my favorite interview days out of all the schools I interviewed at, they were all so nice and I had a great time chatting with everyone. Very stress free day, you’ll do great!

At minimum give it 4 weeks from your interview date & expect to wait for decisions 6 weeks post interview. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back :biglove:

Withdrawing my A.
I hope it goes for one of you guys!

Last edited:
Got an II, would love some tips for the interview since this is my first one :') crying tears of joy

Reactions: 3 users
II today!
3.0 undergrad gpa, 3.7 SMP gpa (just graduated from it and submitted updated grades Friday!), 504 MCAT, FL resident

I have 2 A's to 2 new DO schools that only use private loans... does BCOM use federal aid (FAFSA)?

how long is the interview day?? it says to be prepared/free all day but does it take the entire day?

how long is the interview day?? it says to be prepared/free all day but does it take the entire day?
Mine pretty much did. There were breaks between the mandatory/optional sessions but if your interview is later in the afternoon… especially depending on your time zone… it can be a long day.