2022-2023 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What a hefty deposit lmao. That is currently almost a whole month's salary for me XD

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Giving up my seat! I hope one of you gets it!!!

Does anybody know the chances of getting off of the WL for this school?
I think they said about 50 people moved off the waitlist last year. They only interview 600 and 150 acceptances, some rejections, and the rest were waitlisted for reference.

Reactions: 1 users
How many people do you think they waitlist total?

I think they said about 50 people moved off the waitlist last year. They only interview 600 and 150 acceptances, some rejections, and the rest were waitlisted for reference.
600 interviews seems a bit high.

Reactions: 1 user
They said that during interview day
Hmmm. I don't recall ever hearing that number (600). They interviewed 16 people the day I went. So they would need to interview 16 students each week from Mid-September to almost May or June. I really doubt they're doing that. Am I off base?

Hmmm. I don't recall ever hearing that number (600). They interviewed 16 people the day I went. So they would need to interview 16 students each week from Mid-September to almost May or June. I really doubt they're doing that. Am I off base?
^^

Just wanna get off this waitlist.. been on since early October. Hoping for something dec 15 :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Mr. Parker said they interview 600 idk

I spoke with him after my interview day finished to clarify this because I thought it was alot. They do interview around 600 students. He said that they have 150 seats per class, but will give out around double the seats in acceptances because many students will end up choosing other schools. Basically meaning the post interview acceptance rate boils down to around 50%.

I have given up my seat at this program, so hopefully one of you will get it!

Reactions: 7 users
I spoke with him after my interview day finished to clarify this because I thought it was alot. They do interview around 600 students. He said that they have 150 seats per class, but will give out around double the seats in acceptances because many students will end up choosing other schools. Basically meaning the post interview acceptance rate boils down to around 50%.

I have given up my seat at this program, so hopefully one of you will get it!
When u give it up, does it become available immediately or on Dec 15?

According to last cycle. Waitlist starts moving in the spring. Checked SDN from last cycle.

But also depends when they stop sending interview invites

When u give it up, does it become available immediately or on Dec 15?

I gave it up a few days ago. I know there is a ton of waitlist movement in April/May, but with the December 14th deadline I imagine there will be a good amount of movement between December 15th and early January.

I gave it up a few days ago. I know there is a ton of waitlist movement in April/May, but with the December 14th deadline I imagine there will be a good amount of movement between December 15th and early January.
Get my hopes up baby!

Nah don't expect miracles December 15. That's only when they'll know who to cross off the list cuz they didn't pay deposits. Plus I'd expect their staff to be enjoying the holidays from that point onwards til like about Jan 7th. Then again the vetting process starts for the waitlist, and invites will go out. So imo maybe by end of mid-Jan is when the wait-list movement will rly fire up.

Also does anyone know if they'll be calling for acceptance offers off of the waitlist, or will it just be regular emails?

Withdrawing my A soon, excited for whomever is considered for the seat!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know if you have to apply to both FAFSA calendar years. The email that the financial aid sent is ambiguous.
Since classes start in July I’m not sure.

I already applied for the 2023-2024 calendar year.

Anyone know if you have to apply to both FAFSA calendar years. The email that the financial aid sent is ambiguous.
Since classes start in July I’m not sure.

I already applied for the 2023-2024 calendar year.
I understand that only you can apply for one calendar cycle at a time, so I only did it for 23-24.

One another note, Does anyone know if there is an accepted student group chat?

I understand that only you can apply for one calendar cycle at a time, so I only did it for 23-24.

One another note, Does anyone know if there is an accepted student group chat?

That’s what I did as well. The email that they sent threw me off a little.

hello anyone who interviewed recently are you able to let me know if this video is accurate for the questions they ask

hello anyone who interviewed recently are you able to let me know if this video is accurate for the questions they ask

Other than the cheating question and tell me about yourself, I didnt get these questions. Why medicine or why DO was never asked of me. Hell I spent the majority of my interview talking about traveling abroad with my interviewer.

I had why medicine? Why DO? Why this school? Cheating scenario ethical demilma and tell me about yourself. We went over our time. Those were the questions but it trails off into other things because it's more of a conversation.

For anyone worried about being on the waitlist for a long time and losing hope, I was waitlisted in I think the middle of October and didn’t get off the WL til the middle of May. And I just finished the first semester just fine so don’t lose hope!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
For anyone worried about being on the waitlist for a long time and losing hope, I was waitlisted in I think the middle of October and didn’t get off the WL til the middle of May. And I just finished the first semester just fine so don’t lose hope!
When do you believe movement starts?

I honestly wouldn't expect too much waitlist movement until late Spring. They will only pull from the waitlist after ALL of their acceptances. I know people always rescind their acceptances, go elsewhere, etc. but bear in mind that they know this and I would think that is why they already accept significantly more students than the class size, and it is probably only after ALL those extra acceptances have rescinded that they will look at the waitlist. That might not be until later Spring, but that is just my opinion! I really do hope all of you on the waitlist who are really wanting to go here will get in <3

Interviews are every Tuesday and Friday, and they do run really early like August, to about late February/early March!

Does anyone know if the class is full?

ARCOM interviews through March, right? Now that I think about it, wouldn't they only start pulling from the waitlist after they complete all their interviews?

When do you believe movement starts?
I Don’t mean to damper but honestly waitlist movement here typically doesn’t happen until at the earliest the end of April. But when it starts it happens really quickly. They started movement last year around the first of may and then I heard back and was offered a spot middle of may.

Hey guys! I know some current students at ARCOM have already discussed what they like/dislike about the school but would any more students be able to do so as well? Is ARCOM pass/fail?

Hey guys! I know some current students at ARCOM have already discussed what they like/dislike about the school but would any more students be able to do so as well? Is ARCOM pass/fail?
ARCOM isn't P/F. This was recently discussed with the OMS-IIs, CEO Parker, and the President. They said that turning P/F would be more harmful than beneficial due to Step 1/COMLEX being P/F and DOs needing to have some way to compare themselves academically (via grades).

Reactions: 4 users
ARCOM isn't P/F. This was recently discussed with the OMS-IIs, CEO Parker, and the President. They said that turning P/F would be more harmful than beneficial due to Step 1/COMLEX being P/F and DOs needing to have some way to compare themselves academically (via grades).

Wait COMLEX is P/F?

That makes sense! But the grade for passing is a 70 correct? I know that at a certain point class attendance is mandatory for <80