2022-2023 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did hear back yesterday and I was interviewed on the 13th. there were a lot of applicants that week so maybe its taking them some time to get through everyone

Has your status on your student portal updated yet?

Members don't see this ad.

IIRC they said the admissions committee meets every Monday, and when I interviewed the group one week before me ended up waiting around 2 weeks and I waited a little over a week. So it seems (anecdotally) they send out decisions every 2 weeks or so. Of course, this is all complete speculation based on personal experience.

Thanks for your insight! It makes me feel better haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Whoever decided these were good prompts can go **** themselves. Every single one asks about your attributes as a person. How your attribute fits their mission. How your attribute makes you want to be a DO. How your attribute makes you diverse. So annoying

Whoever decided these were good prompts can go **** themselves. Every single one asks about your attributes as a person. How your attribute fits their mission. How your attribute makes you want to be a DO. How your attribute makes you diverse. So annoying

Don’t sweat it, I had a hard time figuring out how to not be so repetitive for the 2° and was able to secure the II->A. You’ll be just fine!

Reactions: 1 user
Ugh.. that makes me so nervous for mine on Friday..
Yea.. best advice I could give is to review SDN ACOM interview questions, it seems like they pulled from a preset list. Felt closed file/like they hadn’t read my application, which isn’t a bad thing but not what I was expecting out of an open-file form

Edit: important to note that it seems most have pleasant/chill interviewers. I just got unlucky maybe, major poker faces on mine

Last edited:
Yea.. best advice I could give is to review SDN ACOM interview questions, it seems like they pulled from a preset list. Felt closed file/like they hadn’t read my application, which isn’t a bad thing but not what I was expecting out of an open-file form

Edit: important to note that it seems most have pleasant/chill interviewers. I just got unlucky maybe, major poker faces on mine

I interviewed today too and agree with the prep. Sorry to hear that you had stoics but at the same time that’s how most train interviewers to behave, so don’t stress about it if you are!

I interviewed today too and agree with the prep. Sorry to hear that you had stoics but at the same time that’s how most train interviewers to behave, so don’t stress about it if you are!
Thanks, but I am stressing lol. We only used like 16/30 minutes, they genuinely did not seem interested in me at all. If that’s how they’re trained to behave they were VERY good lol

Thanks, but I am stressing lol. We only used like 16/30 minutes, they genuinely did not seem interested in me at all. If that’s how they’re trained to behave they were VERY good lol

Oh wow, it is so strange to me how interviews work out. I interviewed here Friday and my interviewers were so pleasant! They seemed genuinely interested in my path to medicine. They were laughing and cracking jokes, and I could tell they had definitely read my application based on the questions they asked, because they were very specific to things I had mentioned. Hopefully its just a facade and they really enjoyed speaking with you.

Reactions: 2 users

Ah I see what you mean. Hm another thought is that they could have been called in last minute as replacements? It seems that they had a delay in sending us the schedule for today bc they were making adjustments. That would make sense to me.

Another thought would be to potentially email Anna, tell her thank you and that your interview ran shorter than expected but you appreciated the opportunity to meet with your interviewers and share your experiences and you’d like their emails to send them thank yous. That may trigger Anna to sense something was off and maybe have that considered in your review or interview again? Idk just thinking for you bc I know this is stressful! I’ve heard of stuff like that happening.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah I see what you mean. Hm another thought is that they could have been called in last minute as replacements? It seems that they had a delay in sending us the schedule for today bc they were making adjustments. That would make sense to me.
Ah that’s actually a good point. I don’t even know though.. just a super odd experience, very curt responses to questions, not asked about my application at all (aside from a broad question about clinical experience). Just… weird.

And this is not woe is me, I’ve read they do this to some people, just my luck that it would be me 🤣

Ah that’s actually a good point. I don’t even know though.. just a super odd experience, very curt responses to questions, not asked about my application at all (aside from a broad question about clinical experience). Just… weird.

And this is not woe is me, I’ve read they do this to some people, just my luck that it would be me

I’m sorry you didn’t have a great interview experience. If it makes you feel better, some had similar experiences and still got in lol

Reactions: 1 users
Still waiting on a response after interviewing on 10/13. If anyone on the same boat or the 10/14 boat receives an update please post here

I got accepted!!!!! Interviewed 10/14.

Y’all, this is my THIRD cycle. Finally I get some good news to tell my parents!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
6.8/10. I felt good about most answers I said. I also forgot to send a thank you email post-interview .

Good news is the WL movement. I felt great about my interview today but now I’m having second thoughts about how it went

Last edited:
Acceptance email a couple hours ago!!! Interviewed 10/14

Anybody have luck contacting admissions? I’ve emailed Pope and Woodham but no response from either for days

I just interviewed here, it was great! very conversational. I hope I'll get to join some of you guys next year!

anyone who interviewed on 10/21 hear back yet?

It seems like a week for Monday interviews and 1.5 weeks for Friday interviews
some previous Friday interviews in this thread heard back by the following Friday. Some, even Thursday the week following their interview. It's really a crapshoot I think, but if it's not Friday, then definitely Monday for sure.

some previous Friday interviews in this thread heard back by the following Friday. Some, even Thursday the week following their interview. It's really a crapshoot I think, but if it's not Friday, then definitely Monday for sure.
True. All I know is the committee meets on Monday’s, so I will potentially be receiving my R in the middle of another interview next Monday🥹.. regardless I’m wishing everyone else the best of luck!

True. All I know is the committee meets on Monday’s, so I will potentially be receiving my R in the middle of another interview next Monday🥹.. regardless I’m wishing everyone else the best of luck!
or an A! don't count yourself out just yet lmao

I could've sworn they told us the 10/21 interview batch would hear back by today, unless I'm going crazy lol

Best interview experience i've ever had! It felt like they actually cared and wanted to get to know me. Hopefully we can know the decision by next Friday!

Is the deadline to pay deposit for ACOM: 12/14/2022?
Where is the cost of living description on the website? somehow I can only find tuition and fees..
When do we need to file FAFSA?
Has anyone received the accepted student box?

Thank you!
1. Yes, it should be 12/14!
2. Is this what you're looking for? Hope this helps: Cost of Attendance
3. I would file it ASAP. Remember that you'll all file as independent students, regardless of age/status.

Is the deadline to pay deposit for ACOM: 12/14/2022?
Where is the cost of living description on the website? somehow I can only find tuition and fees..
When do we need to file FAFSA?
Has anyone received the accepted student box?

Thank you!

Accepted box received in Cali today

Sorry. It’s an envelope with a certificate and personalized calendar lol. No box

Oh then I got that a long time ago..I thought there would be like a box with t-shirt and cups, etc. like other schools so I guess not
I think they do send a box later in the cycle from what I've seen in previous cycles

10/21 interviewers, just to confirm they said we should find out our decision by today at the latest correct? My nerves are through the roof and I have been frantically checking my email since Friday. Hopefully they don’t trick us on this Halloween!!

10/21 interviewers, just to confirm they said we should find out our decision by today at the latest correct? My nerves are through the roof and I have been frantically checking my email since Friday. Hopefully they don’t trick us on this Halloween!!
I also remember them saying that! Pretty sure they said goal was Friday but it would be out Monday at the latest.

waitlisted :( hopefully I'm not too far down the waitlist

• Care