2022-2023 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was at the info session yesterday Friday and interviewed on Monday. I heard they said they made the decisions for the Monday people already and we will find out next week Monday. They said they try to get results out in a week now. Did I hear them correctly?
Well, I am so scared for coming Monday now
Yes I heard that too. Anxiously waiting for Monday now!!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
They said everyone that interviewed last Monday will hear this Monday and the group that interviewed Friday will hear back by Friday next week but could be a little earlier. They will meet Monday to discuss Friday's candidates.

They said everyone that interviewed last Monday will hear this Monday and the group that interviewed Friday will hear back by Friday next week but could be a little earlier. They will meet Monday to discuss Friday's candidates.
Wait people who interviewed 09/23 would hear by 10/7?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call! Accepted!!! SOOOO HAPPY!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anxiously waiting for a call but can’t help wondering if this is a waitlist/rejection :-(

anxiously waiting for a call but can’t help wondering if this is a waitlist/rejection :-(
If it makes you feel better, I don't think everyone gets a call. I never received an A call, only an email A.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Just got an email this morning saying they are preparing ACOM Acceptance Boxes right now and every accepted student will get one once they are completed :D

Last edited:
I am attending the ACOM overview of academic life session and the meet our student ambassadors session this Friday (my interview was done at an earlier date).

Did you guys on last Friday dress formally for these sessions? I will be getting out of work, so will be tough to put on a suit and a tie. Just wondering about how formal these sessions are.

Just got the A call! So happy!!!! Interviewed last Friday

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Congrats y’all!
Hoping my interview next week turns into an A…just takes one!!

Also interviewed last Friday and got the A today! Complete 8/13. 512, 2.7 uGPA, 3.9x grad GPA, ORM.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys is there an accepted group me or chat made yet?

Anyone have any interview advice or tips for prep? Mines is coming up in a week. Saw the questions floating around, would it be best to prepare based upon that?

Anyone have any interview advice or tips for prep? Mines is coming up in a week. Saw the questions floating around, would it be best to prepare based upon that?
Basic questions and look over your primary application to see if there any potential weakness to be able to address. Since it's open file, they will point out stuff that may seem like a weakness or clarification. Example, I took MCAT twice with improvement on the second try and they asked how I achieved a higher score. I also had some research experience and they asked what it entailed. Overall, I would say everyone's experience is different and it's interview dependent as some say their interview was conversational but I felt as though mine wasn't.

Reactions: 2 users
Basic questions and look over your primary application to see if there any potential weakness to be able to address. Since it's open file, they will point out stuff that may seem like a weakness or clarification. Example, I took MCAT twice with improvement on the second try and they asked how I achieved a higher score. I also had some research experience and they asked what it entailed. Overall, I would say everyone's experience is different and it's interview dependent as some say their interview was conversational but I felt as though mine wasn't.
I would second everything here. Familiarize yourself with your application and the questions here: Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine Interview Feedback The "tone" of your interview is going to vary based on the two faculty members you have. Some will be very conversational, some more straightforward Q&A, some more stressful, etc. Try your best to relax and be yourself. It's very obvious when an applicant has excessively rehearsed/memorized responses and it can potentially come off as less genuine. Your interviewers want to get to know the real you-- they liked what they saw in your application, so just show that the person you are in real life matches the person on paper. Best of luck to everyone with interviews and school decisions! Should you have any questions, feel free to reach out any time. :)

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys on AACOMAS they have the question "did you apply to ACOM in a previous app cycle?" Do we select Other if we never did? I see that we can't submit the app without responding to this question

Hey guys on AACOMAS they have the question "did you apply to ACOM in a previous app cycle?" Do we select Other if we never did? I see that we can't submit the app without responding to this question

You answered your own question. If you need a written response, you can write N/A or This will be my first time applying to ACOM.

You answered your own question. If you need a written response, you can write N/A or This will be my first time applying to ACOM.
There is no such option unfortunately.Only lists other and then bunch of diff years

Hi for those that interviewed,
How many “mandatory sessions” are there after the interview? Are they all on one day and is that day Friday? Concerned because I have work and would like to start moving things around if needed.

Edit: One mandatory session and one optional Student presentation. I was scheduled for both this Friday and do not know if other options were available.

Last edited:
I would go with other

• Love
Do i need to keep my camera on for the entire mandatory session? & how was the interview? is it just a 1-on-1 traditional open file interview?

Do i need to keep my camera on for the entire mandatory session? & how was the interview? is it just a 1-on-1 traditional open file interview?
You can turn your camera off to grab a snack, head to the bathroom, etc., but I would try to keep it on the whole time. The interview is ~30 minutes long, 2-on-1, and open file. Depending on your interviewers, it could be more conversational, traditional Q&A, maybe a little more stressful, etc. I would strongly recommend attending the optional session with the ambassadors. It's your best opportunity to interact with students, as well as get answers to any questions you may have about ACOM or Dothan. Good luck!

has anyone gotten an acceptance box yet lol
The only thing I got was a calendar with my name and accepted student open house dates on it. Then I received an acceptance letter separately.

It does not look like a box to me! I was accepted in August.

Finished my interview..I'm a mess of nerves. Got the typical questions as well as those to address deficiencies in my application. The toughest question was to give my perspective on a current event I've noticed..or at least I think was the question lol. But it was a great experience and my interviewers were so nice and appeared enthusiastic the whole time.

What’s the format of the interview/types of questions everyone was asked?

Turnaround between II and a decision? How are decisions delivered?

Finished my interview..I'm a mess of nerves. Got the typical questions as well as those to address deficiencies in my application. The toughest question was to give my perspective on a current event I've noticed..or at least I think was the question lol. But it was a great experience and my interviewers were so nice and appeared enthusiastic the whole time.

Current event as in like roe vs wade lol ? I feel like they want to involve politics in interviews now but if that happens the answer is to remain neutral I guess lol hope u did well tho good luck .. btw did they drill u too hard about your app deficiencies? What they go into , like repeated classes gpa mcat?

Current event as in like roe vs wade lol ? I feel like they want to involve politics in interviews now but if that happens the answer is to remain neutral I guess lol hope u did well tho good luck .. btw did they drill u too hard about your app deficiencies? What they go into , like repeated classes gpa mcat?
To comment on this, I have been asked/softly prompted on political-esque ideals (e.g. civil disobedience) and I just answer honestly but respectfully. I still got accepted.

I was kinda taken off guard but i don’t remember any specific topic mentioned. They just asked for my perspective on “anything” happening lol. I ended up talking about barriers to medical care

I just submitted my secondary for this school! How long did people have to wait to hear back from them if they were viewed favorably?