2021-2022 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II Just received! OOS, 3.89/513, ORM, disadvantaged/rural, complete July 12th.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I received an email saying that there was a change in my application status and I had to check the portal. You have 7 days to schedule an interview from receiving date and they extend from August to March and use an MMI format. Email title: VCU School of Medicine Admissions : Application Status Update. Thank you!! Let me know if you guys want to know anything else. I am so happy right now it feels unreal!
Congrats! Did you receive an email notification for it?

Edit: Oh also they are all virtual interviews, no in person!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email saying that there was a change in my application status and I had to check the portal. You have 7 days to schedule an interview from receiving date and they extend from August to March and use an MMI format. Email title: VCU School of Medicine Admissions : Application Status Update. Thank you!! Let me know if you guys want to know anything else. I am so happy right now it feels unreal!

Edit: Oh also they are all virtual interviews, no in person!
What was your status at before getting the II?

Oh also, one last thing, I have a 1st quartile CASPER!!!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
What was your status at before getting the II?
I'm not completely sure as I can't check since new statuses overwrite old ones in the portal and there is no communication history section, but I believe I was "under review" and I got that notification on July 24th.

Reactions: 1 user
hey guys! I completed my secondary back on July 14, but it is still at the "Your supplemental application has been received..." since then. When has everyone's status changed to 'complete' or that your file is under review? thanks!

hey guys! I completed my secondary back on July 14, but it is still at the "Your supplemental application has been received..." since then. When has everyone's status changed to 'complete' or that your file is under review? thanks!
hey same here! I emailed them friday and hopefully they'll respond on Mon!

Reactions: 1 user
II today! Holy heck! So excited

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
wow they really be updating us on SUNDAY night!

• Haha
Status in the portal changed to: "Your File Review is now complete. If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update on your applicant portal. Please do not call the Admissions Office requesting special dates."

Given that people have already gotten an II, is this a soft R?

Status in the portal changed to: "Your File Review is now complete. If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update on your applicant portal. Please do not call the Admissions Office requesting special dates."

i think it just means what it says. doesn’t seem like a rejection at all imo. i think people that got interviews had this at first too

i think it just means what it says. doesn’t seem like a rejection at all imo. i think people that got interviews had this at first too

Oh I missed that people with IIs had this status. Thanks for being nice in response to a neurotic question

a few people who had this were able to get IIs but it seems the majority of people don't get interviews

i submitted on 7/21 and still on “a member of the committee will do a review...” (1st status). just curious is anyone else also stuck on this for 2+ weeks?

Reactions: 7 users
i submitted on 7/21 and still on “a member of the committee will do a review...” (1st status). just curious is anyone else also stuck on this for 2+ weeks?
Been stuck on it since 7/18. High stat IS

I'm still stuck on that status and I was complete on 7/9, and in-state. At this point I'm assuming this school is out.

I'm still stuck on that status and I was complete on 7/9, and in-state. At this point I'm assuming this school is out.

I think they're just really slow. Other folks in this thread have said that they hand out Rs quite freely, so I don't think that's it.

I imagine with interviews being virtual, schools are just getting inundated with even more applications.... plus they may be down admin staff.

Reactions: 2 users
I think they're just really slow. Other folks in this thread have said that they hand out Rs quite freely, so I don't think that's it.

I imagine with interviews being virtual, schools are just getting inundated with even more applications.... plus they may be down admin staff.
That makes sense, I'll try to stay more positive. Hoping we both get good news soon!

Been stuck on it since 7/18. High stat IS
Same. Sucks because on paper my app ticks all the boxes for what they like (IS, high stat, great service/clinical exposure, etc.) and I have connections to the school through my parents.

I was complete one 7/15 and have been stuck on it since. OOS but I think they might just be slow or haven't gotten to certain people.

That makes sense, I'll try to stay more positive. Hoping we both get good news soon!

Maybe I am jus being overly optimistic, but I submitted to all of my schools around the same time and haven't seen any change status. If schools were working thru as quickly as I expected, I would fully have expected to get at least one II or R by now.... think we're just working with a different timeline across the board. I know family/friends who applied in past years said they started getting interviews in mid and late July but maybe this is just a new COVID/virtual timeline ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That said, I still check all the portals 3x a day o_O

Maybe I am jus being overly optimistic, but I submitted to all of my schools around the same time and haven't seen any change status. If schools were working thru as quickly as I expected, I would fully have expected to get at least one II or R by now.... think we're just working with a different timeline across the board. I know family/friends who applied in past years said they started getting interviews in mid and late July but maybe this is just a new COVID/virtual timeline ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

this. i think a lot of us expected that they would go back to the 2019 timeline, but it seems as though schools liked the 2020 drawn out cycle. i think this year will be a repeat of last year.

Yup, same here. I have three DO IIs right now and haven't heard anything from MD schools

I've been stuck on " your app is not complete" since 7/26 even though I sent everything way before that date. I called them and they gave me someone to email and that person just copied and pasted the message I have on my portal and emailed it back to me. Idk what I should do now

I've been stuck on " your app is not complete" since 7/26 even though I sent everything way before that date. I called them and they gave me someone to email and that person just copied and pasted the message I have on my portal and emailed it back to me. Idk what I should do now
that sucks, just call them again and email back that person. i had to call for an issue as well. call and talk to them again so they can give you a definite answer.

I've been on this status since 07/06, so give it a couple months and we'll see what that means haha

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone status still on committee review?