2021-2022 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Also WL today - good luck everyone.

Reactions: 1 user
Silly question - but do we need to do anything beyond designating continued interest on the alternate form?

Just wondering, does whether or not you're accepted to other schools make a difference in when/if you come off the waitlist?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Just wondering, does whether or not you're accepted to other schools make a difference in when/if you come off the waitlist?
I don’t think so, VCU uses a scoring system and I don’t think that affects your score! Not 100% sure tho

Members don't see this ad :)
Random but did you guys get an email when your portal changed? I didn’t and my emails been funky lately so wondering if that’s normal

WL

Does everybody get waitlisted who didn’t get in. After so many post-II rejections in a row, feels decent to not get another R even if I won’t be accepting alternate list position

Last edited:
On the alternate list form, do we just check one of the two options and that's it? It said we're encouraged to use the form throughout the rest of the cycle but as far as I can see, we can't make any changes after an option is selected?

Did the wording on the WL notification scare anyone else?? Once I read the word "regret" I started getting so nervous lol

Yep, no email or update. I don't know why I wouldn't have at least gotten a WL.
Maybe they are sending out WL in waves and you'll get one today! I feel like if you were rejected they would have notified you of that

If you go on your portal, is there still an option to "Withdraw"? If that's gone, it means you got rejected. If it's still there, there's a chance they just didn't get to your application to make a decision for some reason
The "Withdraw" button is still there! You're giving me hope 🥺💖

Reactions: 2 users
Did they just WL everyone this cycle, feels like it if no Rs

@vcu please reject me already, been stuck in this sub-committee purgatory

Did they just WL everyone this cycle, feels like it if no Rs
I checked last year SDN coupe of days ago. I believe rejections wave will come a day or two days after completion of alternating list.

That alternate list response recorded email scared me lol

Reactions: 4 users
WL'ed on 3/17. Interviewed on 3/1.

Are there people from earlier interview dates who got put on the WL already? It looks like we have a couple of February/March people, but idk.

I interviewed in late February and still haven't gotten a WL yet, but the option to withdraw is still there (so no R either)...

seems like they waitlisted everyone post-ii. It is crazy that we do not even know our place in waitlist.

Hi friends! Idk if I'm allowed to advertise like, but please slap me on the wrist if I'm being problematic. I have started a thread for people on Virginia MD waitlists. I think we can help each other gauge overall in-state movement if we work together!

Just withdrew my app!
Good luck to everyone

@Talldoctor96 I was looking at last year's thread and it seems that everyone that received an R after the waitlist was made didn't interview. Does that mean everyone that interviews gets placed on the waitlist? Also, if there's separate waitlists for IS and OOS do IS applicants only move off the waitlist if an IS applicant gives up their acceptance? Thanks!

• Hmm
@Talldoctor96 I was looking at last year's thread and it seems that everyone that received an R after the waitlist was made didn't interview. Does that mean everyone that interviews gets placed on the waitlist? Also, if there's separate waitlists for IS and OOS do IS applicants only move off the waitlist if an IS applicant gives up their acceptance? Thanks!
No, people who interviewed will be rejected when waitlist is made.

Yes there are seperate. IS moves slower