2021-2022 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi! I got an interview invite too a few days ago and I just wanted to ask if there's anything that's giving you the idea that we are not interviewing for the waitlist. Hope I'm not offending, just wanted to not get my hopes up too much since the last offer date was shown to be March 1st and my interview is after that. If anybody else knows anything about this process and late interview results, I'd really appreciate your feedback too :) Good luck to everyone interviewing or waiting to hear back from schools and congrats to everyone who heard positively!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
did anyone who interviewed last week receive a “hold for acceptance” update? the dean said it should happen on (2/24) but i haven’t gotten anything yet

Hi! I got an interview invite too a few days ago and I just wanted to ask if there's anything that's giving you the idea that we are not interviewing for the waitlist. Hope I'm not offending, just wanted to not get my hopes up too much since the last offer date was shown to be March 1st and my interview is after that. If anybody else knows anything about this process and late interview results, I'd really appreciate your feedback too :) Good luck to everyone interviewing or waiting to hear back from schools and congrats to everyone who heard positively!
Just relax and do the interview 😂 stop trying to speculate

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone who interviewed last week receive a “hold for acceptance” update? the dean said it should happen on (2/24) but i haven’t gotten anything yet
Didn't get anything yet, maybe later today?

what do you mean by you had someone reach out to you personally for the II?
Instead of a portal update with an e-mail I received correspondence from someone from VCU asking if I wanted to fill and interview slot on a given date

I think they just meant they received an email correspondence instead of a portal update. I believe all interview invites are sent directly via email though
I also received a phone call for an II. I believe they only call for an II if someone gives up their interview spot last minute and they want to fill that specific spot.

Hey! Wishing you all the best! But if you are interviewing after the last offer date (March 1st), you are basically interviewing for the waitlist. I interviewed at this school last year too after the last offer date. We were told back then that we are interviewing for the waitlist. Unfortunately didn't get in last cycle. But!!! Interviewed again this cycle and got the A! Really hope you get in somewhere this cycle, but if not - just remember that everyone has their own journey and that everything will fall in place at the right time right place. Good luck!

Reactions: 6 users
Hey! Wishing you all the best! But if you are interviewing after the last offer date (March 1st), you are basically interviewing for the waitlist. I interviewed at this school last year too after the last offer date. We were told back then that we are interviewing for the waitlist. Unfortunately didn't get in last cycle. But!!! Interviewed again this cycle and got the A! Really hope you get in somewhere this cycle, but if not - just remember that everyone has their own journey and that everything will fall in place at the right time right place. Good luck!
so I would just say take this with a grain of sat. The first 2 times I applied the March applicants had their own batch of acceptances that came out before the waitlist.

Let’s say that doesn’t happen this year like last year: the March interviewees were some of the first to come off the waitlist.

Admission at vcu is based exclusively off your final score from committee meeting. Literally they just go down in order. If you have a post March 1 interview and do really well- you’re gonna be one of the first to come off the alternate list just score wise.

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed mid-January and did not get an acceptance on Feb 1. I still have the message that says I am on hold for an acceptance. Does this mean I can still get an acceptance on March 1 or is it looking like I’m likely going to be on the waitlist?

I interviewed mid-January and did not get an acceptance on Feb 1. I still have the message that says I am on hold for an acceptance. Does this mean I can still get an acceptance on March 1 or is it looking like I’m likely going to be on the waitlist?
It means you'll be eligible for acceptance soon March 1 if your score is high enough. However, your best shoot was on Feb 1.

Also, if you aren't accepted on march 1 you will either be put on the alternate list or rejected when the waitlist is formed. There is no guarantee of waitlist at this point.

It means you'll be eligible for acceptance soon March 1 if your score is high enough. However, your best shoot was on Feb 1.

Also, if you aren't accepted on march 1 you will either be put on the alternate list or rejected when the waitlist is formed. There is no guarantee of waitlist at this point.
Makes sense! Thanks!

Is VCU still handing out interview invites?

I got a recent notification that my file review was complete just now. I had been stuck on sub-committee for months so I was just curious.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys I don't think I'm looking at the right tabs but I'm sure having fun:

1646054910930.png

/joke though I've been on subcommittee for a long time, no II

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
How accurate are tabs? Like if you have tabs you're 100% accepted or if you don't have tabs then 100% you're not getting an acceptance email later? Jw so I know if I should obsessively check the portal tomorrow or just my email :rofl::cryi:

How accurate are tabs? Like if you have tabs you're 100% accepted or if you don't have tabs then 100% you're not getting an acceptance email later? Jw so I know if I should obsessively check the portal tomorrow or just my email :rofl::cryi:
It’s accurate unless there is something on their end like mayo circa 2019 cycle. I doubt this would happen

^ I don't see tabs, waiting nervously rn

Edit: now the portal is down for me...

Last edited:
  • Hmm
I looked back at the other dates but there SDN does not show timestamps...

I just got the additional info section with transcript, in state eligibility, etc. Is this it?

Reactions: 5 users
No tabs here :-( Do they come out for people all at once or at various points in the afternoon?

Mine still says:

Your interview is now complete! The Committee will now do a review of your application. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile in the portal.​

+1

I thought my MMI went well... guess I need to practice more
+1 but this is my 4th time waiting for acceptance so I wasn’t expecting much.

I have a strong feeling that MMI doesn’t offer enough differentiation, so unless one does really good or really bad, it won’t have a huge impact on the final decision.

Also some hope for others. On the first release day, somebody reported not having tabs initially but getting them later in the afternoon

This is an anonymous site. I would take everything that is said with a grain of salt. Do not lose faith over what is posted on here.
nice troll
I mean like I said everything is circumstantial and I hope we get them later but I’ve just seen countless people say they come out all at once. The fact that only person has reported tabs though is starting to look like a troll.

Reactions: 5 users
definitely a troll, looked like they just created the account this week.

Yeah I was hoping some more people would chime in with tabs before going into panic mode
Agreed! I noticed that they always sent updates at 6:08-6:09 PM so I'm using that as the time I might receive an update

Hey guys, I just created this account to let y'all know the person who asked about tabs was not a troll. The tabs have come out, at least the first batch has. I recieved one today.

Last edited: