2021-2022 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received an II about 30 minutes ago! Available dates are 9/7, 9/14, 9/21 with 9/7 being nearly full and the other two mostly empty :).
Congrats ! Does anything show up in your portal like an Interview tab ?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats ! Does anything show up in your portal like an Interview tab ?
It was actually a separate link entirely. They wrote that something will appear in the portal and to read through it, but when I checked there was nothing there yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! I received an II yesterday around 1:45pm! Stats are 509 MCAT, uGPA: 3.3, smpGPA: 4.0

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did y'all hear from TCOM through email? I just checked my portal and my status said "invited to interview" but I never got an email about it?? I hope I did not miss out on the interview because of this

Members don't see this ad :)
Did y'all hear from TCOM through email? I just checked my portal and my status said "invited to interview" but I never got an email about it?? I hope I did not miss out on the interview because of this
Well, email them now & ask about scheduling. Do you think an email from them might have landed in your spam or promotions folder?

Interview received! Complete 8/1. LizzyM 67.

For the pre-interview screening, it says to submit an additional letter (from the 4 on TMDSAS) directly to the school for a total of 5. I would only have 3 weeks from today to do this and doubt I can find another letter writer. Does that mean up to 5 total, or I need a 5th letter post-interview? The wording is a bit ambiguous.

Are they not reapplicant friendly? I am a little bit surprised that I haven't heard from them yet... I got an II here before

Are they not reapplicant friendly? I am a little bit surprised that I haven't heard from them yet... I got an II here before
I don't think they are... I improved my MCAT 5 points, got a ton more clinical hours as well as a DO letter and have gotten 2 other TMDSAS interviews this cycle after not getting any last cycle yet still no word from TCOM even though people with similar or worse stats are getting interviews that were complete later than me.

II received! Complete in Late June and reapplicant. No interview first time LM 69

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Hello TCOM? Please send me an invite. Thank you.

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Just noticed my status has been changed to "invited to interview"! Super pumped, this is one of my top choices.

Does anyone know if they ask follow up questions during an MMI station? Or are we supposed to talk the whole time?

Can any current students comment on how they felt they performed on the MMI? For ex: did you feel that you could've done better on some stations, but were still accepted in the end?

Hey future classmates! I was accepted last year and deferred. Happy to answer any questions. OOS accepted off waitlist

I received my email on Wednesday (portal was changed on Tuesday). When they change the portal they tell you that it can take five business days to send the email to sign up for an interview day!

II received this morning via email! Yeah!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
II received this morning!! I was getting so down lately cause of this process. Only available spot was 10/12. See you guys there!!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Does TCOM send R's or A's before MD programs even though they're TMDSAS? I've had friends applying to both DO and MD and have been able to hear from other DO schools that aren't TCOM. I didn't know if TCOM would send Rs by now if they for sure knew you wouldn't get in.

Does TCOM send R's or A's before MD programs even though they're TMDSAS? I've had friends applying to both DO and MD and have been able to hear from other DO schools that aren't TCOM. I didn't know if TCOM would send Rs by now if they for sure knew you wouldn't get in.
They stick more closely to the TMDSAS pattern of letting your application ride for a while. Most TMDSAS schools let Match Day serve as your rejection if you don't match.

Reactions: 2 users
They stick more closely to the TMDSAS pattern of letting your application ride for a while. Most TMDSAS schools let Match Day serve as your rejection if you don't match.
Also, when you seriously apply to a MD or DO program and they gently nudge you towards
a Master's program while ghosting you --> Now that's a soft R !

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Anyone have any interview tips for this school and MMI. Is it closed or open file? Also how would yall recommend sending a thank you letter?

This school hates my guts

Reactions: 6 users
Hi I’m a current first year and can answer any questions you might have about the school or curriculum.

And there were 4 interview dates available in October that were all unfilled when I signed up if that makes y’all feel better.

Reactions: 3 users
And there were 4 interview dates available in October that were all unfilled when I signed up if that makes y’all feel better.
. Do you have any DO experience/letter? If you don’t mind disclosing this of course

I wrote an essay about an osteopathic doctor I scribed for and mentioned that she was an alum of TCOM... I submitted late July and I'm a reapplicant here. Last time I got an II around this week and I'm starting to get really nervous. Was it stupid of me to name drop? I was trying to convey how much I liked this doctor's practice style and how much it meant to me but maybe I just sounded like an a**hole.

I wrote an essay about an osteopathic doctor I scribed for and mentioned that she was an alum of TCOM... I submitted late July and I'm a reapplicant here. Last time I got an II around this week and I'm starting to get really nervous. Was it stupid of me to name drop? I was trying to convey how much I liked this doctor's practice style and how much it meant to me but maybe I just sounded like an a**hole.
I did the same thing. Sorry I can’t give you a reassuring answer or not but I hope it helps knowing you’re not alone and personally I’m not too worried about it

Hi I’m a current first year and can answer any questions you might have about the school or curriculum.
Is there anything that has stood out to you as UNT does differently that you have noticed?