2021-2022 Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (OU-HCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we know how often they send out IIs/how often they have IIs?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone called admissions to talk about their application?

Has anyone called admissions to talk about their application?
I called 2 weeks ago when I had an updated MCAT score! They said they review applications on a weekly basis, but that's about everything they told me.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone OOS gotten an interview yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone gotten an II or acceptance from OU with an MCAT below 500?

Also, what is LM?

has anyone gotten an II or acceptance from OU with an MCAT below 500?

Also, what is LM?
It is possible to get accepted with a sub 500 score. We all have much more to our applications than that alone.

Based off their website it seems the entering class of 2021 had an average score of 504.01 with a range of 490 to 519.

Also LizzyM is a score based predictor people use to project their odds of acceptance based off GPA and MCAT.

Reactions: 1 users
Would like to know this as well. I’m OOS
In my interview cohort today only 1 person was OOS- but they were technically international. So 19/20 were IS. Also to answer your previous question I have a low MCAT but high GPA.

In my interview cohort today only 1 person was OOS- but they were technically international. So 19/20 were IS. Also to answer your previous question I have a low MCAT but high GPA.
omg i was in the interview with you today HAHAHA hi!

• Love
My understanding of their process is that all the students interviewing are considered for the different campuses they ranked after completing the interview day!
Ah that makes sense! Good luck on your interview! :)

II yesterday! IS, 4.0, MCAT low 500s. Complete 7/8.

The interview is 2 days long, prescheduled. I am interviewing for the TCC program at the Cleveland campus. Has anyone received stats on this/heard of this? How many people are generally asked to interview for this?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
II yesterday! IS, 4.0, MCAT low 500s. Complete 7/8.

The interview is 2 days long, prescheduled. I am interviewing for the TCC program at the Cleveland campus. Has anyone received stats on this/heard of this? How many people are generally asked to interview for this?
I received an invitation to complete the supplemental application for this program last week, which I completed Monday. Not sure about interviewing, but I believe they don't invite all interested students to even apply. Do you have strong CLE ties?

Hello! For those who have already interviewed, what was the experience like? Traditional one on one? Panel? What are your best tips for this particular interview? Thank you!!

Hello! For those who have already interviewed, what was the experience like? Traditional one on one? Panel? What are your best tips for this particular interview? Thank you!!
You have 3 1v1 interviews that are 30 mins with a 10min break in between. They are with faculty and DO from the school of your top choice. They know your file so just be prepared on your essay responses.

You have 3 1v1 interviews that are 30 mins with a 10min break in between. They are with faculty and DO from the school of your top choice. They know your file so just be prepared on your essay responses.
Thank for the detailed info :) Appreciate it!

Are interviews for the TCC program at the Cleveland campus virtual this year as well?

Interviewed yesterday and got a call at around 6pm that I was accepted! Received the official email this morning!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Congratulations future doctor!! Would you mind giving us insight into what the interview was like?
Thanks!! And sure! Starts with info sessions on financial aid, inclusion, and learning services, an overview of HCOM from the dean, and a Q&A session with current students. 30 min break for lunch then 30 min interviews with 3 admin/faculty members! It was very laid back and they just asked the basic interview questions and asked about some aspects of my file. Hope this helps!

Interviewed yesterday and also received a call last night around 6pm with an acceptance for the Athens campus!! Very excited, this interview was an awesome experience. Everyone was super welcoming and kind and you can tell that they really care about their students.

Has anyone else submit late July and not hear back yet?

Complete around that time and I haven't heard back either :/ I'm IS too
Well it's definitely comforting that I'm not the only IS applicant around that time who hasn't heard back. Crossing my fingers for something soon!

• Care
  • Love
Just got an interview invite for the TCC program! Has anyone else interviewed for this yet?

Reactions: 2 users
I got an invite for the TCC this week as well!! I'm stoked, first interview of the cycle. Does anyone have any tips for the TCC interview? Idk anyone from this school!