2021-2022 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who have interviewed, what does it say for you under "Status" on the Home page of the portal? Not the status page itself, but the chart that has "My Application", "Term", and "Status" below the homepage welcome video/text.
It says '
Application Complete

Do you see something different? I do not recall , what it was before.

Members don't see this ad.

It says '
Application Complete

Do you see something different? I do not recall , what it was before.
Interesting, for me it says “Application Submitted”. Application has technically been complete for a while though including Casper results, now with interview done

Interesting, for me it says “Application Submitted”. Application has technically been complete for a while though including Casper results, now with interview done
What does it say in 'Status' page?. I think that you would be your status. I have never observed the Status in the Home page.

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got the phone call! Accepted 😍😍

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the acceptance call at 2:30 today! interviewed on 9/14 (with OMSP)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Got the call earlier today!!! IS and interviewed 9/21.. first A i am still in shock !!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Something to note about MSUCOM, in general. Stray away from trying to infer the information that they want. In this case, since they specifically ask for DO shadowing experience, that’s what they want to know.
Make sure you shadow a D.O. without any disciplinary history. You may want to look up disciplinary history on the osteopathic medical board website--they have a list of D.O.s who got disciplined/have complaints. You don't want to end up shadowing the next larry nasser (i.e. doctors who may following in larry nasser's footsteps)

Any August IS applicants who still heard nothing?

does this school favor IS more? I was complete on 7/20 OOS/international

If it offers any consolation to people waiting. I was complete in summer for MSUCOM and didn't receive an interview until late February! I know it's hard not to stress, but don't stress out about the timeline :)
Just wanna bump this up for people that are feeling anxious. It was a long timeline for me; got the WL email in March, didn't get accepted until the first week of May.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users