2020 TSU: Texas Southern University COPHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey! I double check w pharmcas , they told me, i can add, receive reference recomdation after u had submited e-submit pharmcas app! Thbks
That's cool, good that you double check with them!!

i met other 3 at the interviewees and all 4 of us are ED. I'm not sure when the next batch of ED will be interviewed or how many will be interviewed :bored:! i know me and one other interviewee got accepted. I'm pretty sure all 4 got in. if you get an interview, it's more likely you will get in! keep me posted:)!!
I'm still waiting and hoping to get an interview! And yes I will let you know if there's anything new :)

Members don't see this ad.

That's cool, good that you double check with them!!

I'm still waiting and hoping to get an interview! And yes I will let you know if there's anything new :)
Arent ED interviews supposed to be done by the end of October?

Do you guys know if computer science is considered a science course and should be completed by may?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know if computer science is considered a science course and should be completed by may?
Yea I think is it considered and any science courses needs to be completed by the end of Spring semester, and yea ED interviews should be done already, mine was deferred to a RD that's why i didn't hear back from them :/

Hey i dont think it s science course, i think it s very important for u to know it! The best way that u shud talk to tsu counselor double check it!

Hey i dont think it s science course, i think it s very important for u to know it! The best way that u shud talk to tsu counselor double check it!
It's not? Because I have friends in the major and they told me it's science course that's why

It's not? Because I have friends in the major and they told me it's science course that's why
I mean ur friend not the one give ur addmision, so better u shud talk to tsu counselor to double check it

I've been waiting for the interview invitation. Last time, I called and was told that the committee are still reviewing applications.. Not sure when interview invitations will be sending out

Reactions: 1 user
I've been waiting for the interview invitation. Last time, I called and was told that the committee are still reviewing applications.. Not sure when interview invitations will be sending out
When u submit pharmcas and supplemental app?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! Can i drop off supplemental app to ms davis or i need to mail them?

Just got my interview invite today for 11/19 @9am. I applied RD and submitted everything mid September!

Congrats on the invite! Best of luck to you! What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

For the ones that already had their interview, what does it exactly consist of? Any advice?

Do anyone know when is the next interview date? and when is the last interview date?
I know the last one was 11/19/15.

Do anyone know when is the next interview date? and when is the last interview date?
I know the last one was 11/19/15.
I assume my interview date is the next one available. I've been granted an interview on December 15th, which is far too close for comfort.

So wat ur stats alkemist? If u dont mind to share? When u submit pharmcas app and supplemental app? My pcat 43 but my science over 77, my verbal and reading kinda low, gpa 3.7 , no pharmacy exp, only 60+ volunteer hours! Pharmcas verified early november, supple app submit late in. November, still wait for tsu receive official pcat( update on pharmcas web), hope i can get an interview! Gluck

So wat ur stats alkemist? If u dont mind to share? When u submit pharmcas app and supplemental app? My pcat 43 but my science over 77, my verbal and reading kinda low, gpa 3.7 , no pharmacy exp, only 60+ volunteer hours! Pharmcas verified early november, supple app submit late in. November, still wait for tsu receive official pcat( update on pharmcas web), hope i can get an interview! Gluck
I have like a 3.5-3.6 GPA prerequisite GPA. Normal GPA is 3.7, but they don't care about that. My PCAT composite was 54, mostly due to a crushingly low quantitative score. I had over 60 hours pharmacy experience at the time and like 20 volunteer hours. I had some extracurricular research I did as well that I presented at a national ACS convention. I submitted the PharmCAS in November and it was verified 11/18/15, and sent the supplemental in shortly after.

As you can see my stats aren't exactly mind blowing, but they are competitive. As long as you are competitive, I believe you will be invited for an interview. I wouldn't sweat that low verbal score. TSU doesn't consider it too much.

My pharmcas verified on 11-6, i submited supplementL app 2 weeks after that, i checked back the supplemental list in pharmcas web, it showed me date of Tsu received my application and fee and lord from science and math have been received, passport pic also.but the pcat official is blank, ( the tech license , pharmacy lord and pharmacy exp blank also: but it make sense bc i dont have them) , but i wonder why my official pcat tsu not received??. Do ur supplemental check list in pharmcas website all of them have been received??

My pharmcas verified on 11-6, i submited supplementL app 2 weeks after that, i checked back the supplemental list in pharmcas web, it showed me date of Tsu received my application and fee and lord from science and math have been received, passport pic also.but the pcat official is blank, ( the tech license , pharmacy lord and pharmacy exp blank also: but it make sense bc i dont have them) , but i wonder why my official pcat tsu not received??. Do ur supplemental check list in pharmcas website all of them have been received??

Nah for some reason it says they haven't received my official pcat score, which I don't think is right since I arranged for it to be sent to TSU along with two other schools immediately after I took it. I know they should have my unofficial score report though, since I sent them a copy of it.

I know wat u mean! Bc in the pharmcas website. In the section " official test" it show all ur pcat test in the past and the date they received them.

I know wat u mean! Bc in the pharmcas website. In the section " official test" it show all ur pcat test in the past and the date they received them.
Yeah I'm sure the administration at the various schools you apply to aren't too religious about updating those supplemental material checklists; especially if they plan on inviting you to an interview anyway.

Just got back from my interview. I think I nailed it. If anyone is wondering about the interview process, it's really relaxed and easy. Just know the basic obvious questions and you should be fine.

Hey! Can u give me a tip for that?? Like: what s in there or wat kind of question i willbe asked! I would apreciated it much!

Hey! Can u give me a tip for that?? Like: what s in there or wat kind of question i willbe asked! I would apreciated it much!

Just know the basics. Explain your career choice, be prepared to explain your school choice, what you look for in a good school, your EC, pharmacy experience, etc. It's a really chill interview. Just be yourself and be very honest. Chances are there will be like 8 other kids there to interview around the same time, so just talk with them and be relaxed.

Since we are getting into the holidays, I assume there won't be any interview dates until after New Years? Anyone have any info on the next interview date possibly?

Since we are getting into the holidays, I assume there won't be any interview dates until after New Years? Anyone have any info on the next interview date possibly?
Their interview process takes 2 weeks per group of kids. So one week they do the interview, the next week or so they send out acceptance/reject letters. A week after my interview date would be Christmas week, which they take off for. So they told me that I would get their decision the week of the 4th. I assume that during that time they will be setting other interview dates set up for the following week, since they send the invite one week in advance.

Hello, everyone. I try to apply to TSU. I already accept to another school. However, I prefer to study in TSU. may anyone from p1 of 2019 answer some of my question?

for the p1 student do we need buy any book or just study from power point is ok?

If I fail one classes in TSU in spring semester can I take that class again during summer, or I need wait about a year to study everything again?

anyone fail any class in spring semester of p1? because in my accept school there are around 7 people fail for the spring of p1 semester?

thank you

Hello, everyone. I try to apply to TSU. I already accept to another school. However, I prefer to study in TSU. may anyone from p1 of 2019 answer some of my question?

for the p1 student do we need buy any book or just study from power point is ok?

If I fail one classes in TSU in spring semester can I take that class again during summer, or I need wait about a year to study everything again?

anyone fail any class in spring semester of p1? because in my accept school there are around 7 people fail for the spring of p1 semester?

thank you

Hello to you and good luck on your application. As a current P1 student I can tell you that your first semester at TSU will be challenging. It's a total of 19 credit hours so you really have to stay on top of your game. As for textbooks, there is no need to purchase them. Its just a matter of preference. As for people who failed, I am not too sure what the numbers are. For retakes, it really depends on the class you fail. Some classes keep you back a year while others don't. If you want to succeed at TSU, you really just need to study hard. That's all there is to it. Good luck!

Hello to you and good luck on your application. As a current P1 student I can tell you that your first semester at TSU will be challenging. It's a total of 19 credit hours so you really have to stay on top of your game. As for textbooks, there is no need to purchase them. Its just a matter of preference. As for people who failed, I am not too sure what the numbers are. For retakes, it really depends on the class you fail. Some classes keep you back a year while others don't. If you want to succeed at TSU, you really just need to study hard. That's all there is to it. Good luck!
Thank you! Do you think biochem would be helpful for p1 year, honestly? Or what class would be?

Is there a fb group made for class of 2020?

Thank you! Do you think biochem would be helpful for p1 year, honestly? Or what class would be?
Well, pharmacy school is a whole new set of material. The biochem we learn is linked with the drugs and what not. Taking it in undergrad would mean you would be ahead of the pack but its not necessary to succeed. I didn't take it and I did fine, but it really depends on how quick of a learner you are.

For those that were interviewed on Dec 15, did you guys get any responses back?

I had a 38 in the pcat but my gpa is just 3.0 however I have 3yrs experience with cvs with rec letters from my pharmacist. Do i stand any chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

72 in Chem 60 in bio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk