2020 TSU: Texas Southern University COPHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Quant?

Members don't see this ad.

I had a 38 in the pcat but my gpa is just 3.0 however I have 3yrs experience with cvs with rec letters from my pharmacist. Do i stand any chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My pcat was 40 with 3.1 gpa and 3 years experience. Yeah I believe you have a chance because I got accepted. But I applied in September. Last year when I applied super late I got wait listed and never heard back

Members don't see this ad :)
No. Nothing yet. Did you interview on the fifteenth?
Yup. I was told that I would hear back from them on the 2nd, but I guess it'll probably be a couple of weeks more if they're still deciding.

Yup. I was told that I would hear back from them on the 2nd, but I guess it'll probably be a couple of weeks more if they're still deciding.
They said the same thing to me. I was kinda hoping to hear from them by now...

What are the conditions?
Finishing the remaining pre reqs.. Which was a mistake in their part because I did finish all the pre reqs. Maintaining gpa of 2.75+, passing background and drug test, sending transcripts by deadline, etc

Yeah I'm accepting it. I got the background check email today.
Great! Hope to see you at summer academy. Which one were you during the interview on the 15th? I was the one with the dark gray skirt suit and glasses.

Members don't see this ad :)
Great! Hope to see you at summer academy. Which one were you during the interview on the 15th? I was the one with the dark gray skirt suit and glasses.
Hmm I don't think I saw you there. My interview time was scheduled like a quarter past 11. I remember a lot of skirt suits though, lol. I think I do remember talking to a girl with glasses with a portfolio, but I think her suit was black. You may have interviewed before me.

Hey guys! Has anyone gotten accepted this cycle with a Pcat lower than 35? (Or gotten an interview) I know last year a couple of my friends got in with low Pcat but this year I heard that the cut off is 35

Yea that's what mrs Davis told me that every new application has to have at least a 35

When you all are saying your gpa, which one do u mean? Are you speaking about the pre pharmacy gpa?

When you all are saying your gpa, which one do u mean? Are you speaking about the pre pharmacy gpa?
Nah, we talked about minimum pcat comp since this year is 35!
Do you all think i have chance to get in this year:bio 79 quant 75, chem 60, verbal 22 reading 9 , comp 43, no pharmacy exp , no pharmacist recomd letter,only 61+ hours volunteers at hospital, all science and math recomd letters, gpa 3.7.. ??

Nah, we talked about minimum pcat comp since this year is 35!
Do you all think i have chance to get in this year:bio 79 quant 75, chem 60, verbal 22 reading 9 , comp 43, no pharmacy exp , no pharmacist recomd letter,only 61+ hours volunteers at hospital, all science and math recomd letters, gpa 3.7.. ??
I was referring to those who are putting what their gpa's are. I'm asking which gpa is that. Pre pharm or overall or science/math..

Don't be sad. What's your stats?
I completed my supplemental December 1. Still no news.. gpa is 3.5 and my Pcat composite is 20 :( :( I know it's low but I actually thought I had a chance with Tsu because many of my friends last year got accepted with 16 composite and one even got in with a 14

I completed my supplemental December 1. Still no news.. gpa is 3.5 and my Pcat composite is 20 :( :( I know it's low but I actually thought I had a chance with Tsu because many of my friends last year got accepted with 16 composite and one even got in with a 14
From what ms davis said, new apps have to have at least a 35 comp

I wouldn't give up hope. Your GPA is great (especially if thats your prereq gpa). There's still a fair chance they'll give you a shot. You may get invited for an interview just yet. Have you applied other places?

I wouldn't give up hope. Your GPA is great (especially if thats your prereq gpa). There's still a fair chance they'll give you a shot. You may get invited for an interview just yet. Have you applied other places?
Yeah I've worked so hard my undergrad for that gpa. All my science and math classes are mostly A's and some B's. I have a year of pharmacy experience and 3 years of volunteering. I hope I have a chance because Tsu is my number one choice. I applied to feik San Antonio and I've applied to Xavier and got accepted but I don't want to move:(

Yeah I've worked so hard my undergrad for that gpa. All my science and math classes are mostly A's and some B's. I have a year of pharmacy experience and 3 years of volunteering. I hope I have a chance because Tsu is my number one choice. I applied to feik San Antonio and I've applied to Xavier and got accepted but I don't want to move:(
W/ those qualifications, you should get in. PCAT is a one time test anyway. Thats the only bad thing on your app. TSU just runs on CPT lol, give it another week or so. Or call.

CPhT= Certified Pharmacy Technician? I'm going to take my PTCE in mid Feb.. I'm still waiting for the interview invitation :(

Last edited:
How bad is it to have retaken classes for TSU? Let's say your prepharm gpa is a 2.9 or 3 but you retake courses and it's now a 3.5 or 3.6? Will this be better in their eyes or is it frowned upon to do retakes?

You got accepted at Xavier? Out of state AND a private school? You're a badass. If you got accepted to Feik as well then like Danielle said there is no reason you wouldn't get into TSU. I'm actually from Louisiana. Interesting, haha.

From what ms davis said, new apps have to have at least a 35 comp
I second the 35 and at least a 3.0 these are the rules for the next year applicants but they are following the this year and the deadline has been pushed back again too!

I second the 35 and at least a 3.0 these are the rules for the next year applicants but they are following the this year and the deadline has been pushed back again too!
Are they having a hard time filling positions at the school? I find it weird that they keep pushing the deadline back. Also, at least a 3.0? That's news to me. This pre-pharm gpa?

You got accepted at Xavier? Out of state AND a private school? You're a badass. If you got accepted to Feik as well then like Danielle said there is no reason you wouldn't get into TSU. I'm actually from Louisiana. Interesting, haha.
I don't feel like a badass tho!! I'll feel like one when Tsu accepts me! Tsu is where I attend now so thats where I've always wanted to attend for Pharm school. I'm
Just worried because they have a cut off now and I don't meet the Pcat requirement anymore..

Last edited:
Are they having a hard time filling positions at the school? I find it weird that they keep pushing the deadline back. Also, at least a 3.0? That's news to me. This pre-pharm gpa?
YES!!! Seriously what's going on with Tsu this is the 2nd time they push the date back. Freaks me out

W/ those qualifications, you should get in. PCAT is a one time test anyway. Thats the only bad thing on your app. TSU just runs on CPT lol, give it another week or so. Or call.
I know I hated that Pcat!!!! Ugh it was horrible and what do you mean they only run on CPT? Every time I've spoken to an adviser there they tell me to get an interview all we look at is gpa and Pcat nothing else, and once you receive an interview than they will look at Pharm tech experience and extracurricular activities and what not. I hope I get in!! Thank you, you guys actually made me feel alittle better

So has the date been moved back from feb 1st or?

I talked to Dr. Solis and she said I have until summer I to get in computer science. I would have been screwed lol.
until summer 1 meaning... you can take it in summer 1 or finish by spring before summer 1?

I know I hated that Pcat!!!! Ugh it was horrible and what do you mean they only run on CPT? Every time I've spoken to an adviser there they tell me to get an interview all we look at is gpa and Pcat nothing else, and once you receive an interview than they will look at Pharm tech experience and extracurricular activities and what not. I hope I get in!! Thank you, you guys actually made me feel alittle better
I hated the PCAT, too. I think you deserve a spot at TSU, though, especially since it's where you go to school now lol. Hope you get in.

How bad is it to have retaken classes for TSU? Let's say your prepharm gpa is a 2.9 or 3 but you retake courses and it's now a 3.5 or 3.6? Will this be better in their eyes or is it frowned upon to do retakes?
I know at some other schools, they take the old grade and the new grade and average them. So if you made a C and an A, you made a B in the eyes of that school. I'm not sure what TSU's policy is, but it wouldn't hurt to call and find out. If they don't average the grades, I'm sure they don't care if you retake classes as long as it isn't like 3 or 4 times.

In the second part of your interview, Ms. Davis will go over your PCAT, GPA and transcript with you and ask you some questions about them. As long as you can explain yourself you should be fine.