2020 TSU: Texas Southern University COPHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well I actually attend TSU and last time I was in ms Davis office about 3 weeks ago she was having interviews that day. So I don't know where y'all are making up that there hasn't been an interview for 3 months

Members don't see this ad.

I talked to Ms. Davis last week she told me interviews will start this week or next week for sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I came up there and it wasn't an interview it was actually a graduate clinical evaluation.

Well I actually attend TSU and last time I was in ms Davis office about 3 weeks ago she was having interviews that day. So I don't know where y'all are making up that there hasn't been an interview for 3 months

Did you ever retake your PCAT exam? What did Mrs. Davis say about your score when you went up there. Is she not accepting any students with low PCAT score? I'm so anxious of the waiting.

I got my interview email today for Wednesday! :)
When did you submit and done the supplemental app?? Do u mind share ur stat?? I got chem 61, bio79, quant 77 verbal and reading low comp 43/ gpa 3.6+ / no pharmacy exp/ 60+ volunteer hours, still waiting

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone already got accepted, please share ur interview exp/ what kinds of question be asked and math and essay! Thnks

anyone who are from out state receive any interview invitation letter yet?

I received an interview invite yesterday for the 23rd. Anyone know what to expect for the interview?

I received an interview invite yesterday for the 23rd. Anyone know what to expect for the interview?
The interview was pretty easy. Know the basics, like why you want to become a pharmacist, have you been in a pharmacy, why did you pick our school, where do you see yourself in ten years, etc. Harder questions are usually about ethical situations or pharmacy in the modern world. For example, they asked me: "What or some of the changes and/or challenges in the world of pharmacy today that may not have been present in the past?" Something like that. Basically, you need to know a little bit about what you're going into. You don't have to crack open wikipedia and start memorizing or anything, but have a basic understanding of what being a Pharmacist means now, what responsibilities he/she has, and the different fields there are and how they apply to your interests.

I'm sure you know this already, but you should have 2 or three questions for them at the end of the interview. They'll ask you "Do you have any questions for us?" Ask questions about stuff NOT found on their website, like curriculum, rotations, etc. I won't go into what types of questions because I'm sure you've gone over that for other schools, but just be sure to have 5 memorized just one of them is somehow answered during the interview process. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users
I had an interviewed last week, and I received my acceptance today via email.

When last week did you have your interview ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When did you submit and done the supplemental app?? Do u mind share ur stat?? I got chem 61, bio79, quant 77 verbal and reading low comp 43/ gpa 3.6+ / no pharmacy exp/ 60+ volunteer hours, still waiting
Which gpa is your 3.6? Is this your prerequisite gpa?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I got accepted in tsu, i think i will accept the offer, the other school is UNT, but i want stay in houston w family
Did you get into UNT? That's where im going to be closer to home and since I wanna stay in Dallas post-grad.

I got accepted in tsu, i think i will accept the offer, the other school is UNT, but i want stay in houston w family
Yeah but which kind of gpa is your 3.6? Prerequisite or overall?

I got in also!!! Interviewed the 2nd and received my acceptance on Friday. Congratulations guys and good luck to those still waiting. See you all this summer :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey congrats to all of you who got in! I run the facebook page for the class of 2020 (closed group), so pm me your names and I'll invite you to the group.

Hey guys, just a little reminder for the FB page: some of you have very common names that belong to people all over the world. If you could give me your exact fb name, along with a description of your avatar, I can find you easier and friend you so I can add you to the page. Thanks.

I just gave up my spot. Good luck to ya'll who are waiting!

I got in!!!!! :soexcited::soexcited:I interviewed last week Wed (3/23) and just received my acceptance email.

I was accepted as well and interviewed on the 24th! :)

Congrats guys. Don't forget to send me names for fb page. It's growing everyday!

I also interviewed on the 24th and was accepted on the 30th. Anyone know any nice places that wont break bank to live in houston?

Do you mind sharing your stats? GPA/PCAT.

Yeah, PCAT composite was 62. Pre-req. GPA is 3.0. Extra info, I recently graduated with a Biology degree & was involved in A LOT of extra curriculars (pharmacy & non-pharmacy related) during undergrad. I also have alot of volunteer experience in retail and hospital pharmacy. Recently, I also became certified as a Pharm Tech.

Yeah, PCAT composite was 62. Pre-req. GPA is 3.0. Extra info, I recently graduated with a Biology degree & was involved in A LOT of extra curriculars (pharmacy & non-pharmacy related) during undergrad. I also have alot of volunteer experience in retail and hospital pharmacy. Recently, I also became certified as a Pharm Tech.
Ok cool. I plan on applying next cycle. PCAT at 70 and pre-req gpa 3.4 with retakes, a degree and certification. Hopefully I'll be fine.

Ok cool. I plan on applying next cycle. PCAT at 70 and pre-req gpa 3.4 with retakes, a degree and certification. Hopefully I'll be fine.

Well you have better stats than I do so it looks like you should be good. I think personality and first impressions are huge too. My advise is to prepare for your interview by doing alot of mock sessions. That way your not caught off guard by some of the basic questions an interviewer might ask. Top 2 - " Tell me about yourself & why did you chose pharmacy as a career path." Those 2 questions set the mood for the whole interview so make sure you dont struggle with giving the answer but at the same time don't sound rehershed. In the end just be your genuine self, you will be great! :)