2020-2021 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It took me the full 5 days. Definitely check your Spam/promotions folder too!
Okay so the status changed to "invited to interview" last Wednesday and I'm not sure if I should wait a couple more days or reach out to them?

Members don't see this ad.

Okay so the status changed to "invited to interview" last Wednesday and I'm not sure if I should wait a couple more days or reach out to them?
Did you receive an II email from them as well? It should've been portal update then email invite (within 1-2 days) then signupgenius (4-5 days after that) so if you didn't get that email at all then yeah reach out to them today, but if you did get that II email after Wednesday then maybe wait til tomorrow since technically that's 5 *business* days.

Did you receive an II email from them as well? It should've been portal update then email invite (within 1-2 days) then signupgenius (4-5 days after that) so if you didn't get that email at all then yeah reach out to them today, but if you did get that II email after Wednesday then maybe wait til tomorrow since technically that's 5 *business* days.
I just got the signup email lolol...thank you so much AH!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who interviewed in October heard back so far?

accepted today! They're in the vicinity!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
How long after the interview were ya'll able to see the school on TMDSAS for ranking?

Are follow-up questions asked in the MMIs or are you expected to talk for the full 6 minutes?

Members don't see this ad :)
Expect follow-ups as with most MMI’s

Right. They will ask followup questions so you will be talking the entire time if you run out of things to say after the initial question is given.

Are follow-up questions asked in the MMIs or are you expected to talk for the full 6 minutes?

For two of mine, I actually took up the full time but 3 stations I had 1-2 follow up questions.
I think just do whatever feels natural but try not to ramble too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Does TCOM release acceptances weekly? If so, on what day?

Where do we update our current work/activities?
That is not a part of the TMDSAS application that you can change after submission.
If you feel there is something major that may add to their assessment of you as a candidate, you can send a brief update by email to the admissions office email address.

How much do "future activities" factor into your application, especially if a lot of things weren't possible because of COVID (clinical related)?
For those that got accepted, did all of you have ongoing clinical activities or not really since March?

Hey everyone,

If you guys are planning to apply to get into the Fall 2021 online program then come join our groupme! Let's help each other out! This is our link :)

How much do "future activities" factor into your application, especially if a lot of things weren't possible because of COVID (clinical related)?
For those that got accepted, did all of you have ongoing clinical activities or not really since March?

All schools are aware that in-person, unpaid forms of clinical exposure have ceased to exist since March and won’t hold applicants responsible for that development. However, there are also lots of creative ways to gain exposure to medicine during the pandemic that do not involve in-person attendance.

Plus, I think it’s important to remember that no ones pre-med journey will have existed since only March. A competitive applicant will have 3-4 years of activities showing a passion/exposure to medicine that will make up for any missed experiences during the pandemic.

Is there a difference between "your application is under review" vs "your application is in review"?

anyone else interview about 2 weeks ago and not being able to see the school on TMDSAS homepage yet?

Just got accepted to TCOM! Interviewed October 20th!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone know if TCOM will do an in-person second look day for accepted students?

Ahhhh II via the portal! Now anxiously waiting for the email to schedule it :)

Reactions: 3 users
Ahhhh II via the portal! Now anxiously waiting for the email to schedule it :)
CONGRATS! I check this TCOM's portal more than any other school because of this.
Does anyone know how far out TCOM is currently scheduling interviews?
I think I have a strong DO app and really like this school, but I'm not sure how full their interview spots are.

Just got accepted by email! Interviewed 10/13, IS ORM. Non trad so LizzyM isn't useful

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Hi, I got accepted today, happy to answer any questions! :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Sorry if this is a silly question or it's been asked before. I was fortunate to receive an acceptance yesterday as well (interviewed 10/6).

I'm assuming accepting the offer of acceptance through the portal is non-binding? Especially since we're given 2 weeks to make a decision.

Sorry if this is a silly question or it's been asked before. I was fortunate to receive an acceptance yesterday as well (interviewed 10/6).

I'm assuming accepting the offer of acceptance through the portal is non-binding? Especially since we're given 2 weeks to make a decision.
It is non-binding, they say to accept all pre-match offers.

It is non-binding, they say to accept all pre-match offers.
Yes non binding, you can accept all offers for now. Then rank your "TMDSAS interviewed" schools in February and you will come out of the Match with one TMDSAS school.
@Hawk4077 you probably know this, but for the rest of y'all:

The AMCAS and AACOMAS schools run on a separate application platform from the TMDSAS Match.
By April 30 if you have an acceptance on more than one system (for instance, one AACOMAS and one TMDSAS) you then have to narrow it down yourself to one school by writing to one and withdrawing.

Are they still sending out interview invites? When should I start worrying?

Reactions: 2 users

Yep, non-binding (assuming you're IS and received a pre-match). We'll probably have to make the decision after match and pay a deposit at that time to secure our seats.