2020-2021 University of Houston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't think there's a good way of knowing, unfortunately. :/
There's a possibility of hearing back sooner, but I would be prepared to wait until match day.
I'm honestly surprised they've done prematches considering how small the class size is.
Ok, thank you šŸ˜Š

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone who has interviewed tell me if the interview day is one in which you have to be on the computer the whole day? Or is there an info session then you come back for your interviews whenever that might be?

Just got an II (but will be turning down), complete 8/19. Available dates were from this week to early Feb

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the II email Tuesday! Secondary complete in late August
Stats for those who care: 3.47 cgpa; 3.27 sgpa; 510 MCAT - URM (LM 65)

Reactions: 6 users
Can someone who has interviewed tell me if the interview day is one in which you have to be on the computer the whole day? Or is there an info session then you come back for your interviews whenever that might be?
The interview was all afternoon (Noon to 4 PM, I think). It started with info sessions and then its constant rotation of interviews afterwards since they do MMI. You have 1 break time slot, I believe, and then there is a closing session at the end.

The interview was all afternoon (Noon to 4 PM, I think). It started with info sessions and then its constant rotation of interviews afterwards since they do MMI. You have 1 break time slot, I believe, and then there is a closing session at the end.

I would recommend you change your profile pic and username.

Reactions: 3 users
Very surprised to have just gotten an interview invite. Complete 8/4

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
first rejection of the cycle.. swagggggggg.

good luck to you all!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
First rejection of the cycle! Received secondary, but not an interview. Good luck to all!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear :( Did they send out an email with the rejection?

No email but no interview either. I simply gave up hope on this school before December lol. Seems I still have a shot.

Complete 7/14, no II, but no rejection yet either.

Same, Complete secondary 8/18, no II and no rejection. Completely forgot about this school and assumed I was rejected haha. My friend got a rejection yesterday so I thought I would check my UHCOM AMP just in case mine changed but nope

I only saw one interview date when I had the option to choose. So I literally got the interview invite yesterday and had to prep for a freaking MMI the next day (today). Big time nervous but **** it.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
So I just got a random welcome letter. Is this a joke? šŸ’€ Like am I supposed to assume Iā€™m accepted?

edit: called admissions and the man on the phone started laughing and said yeah you were supposed to get a phone call lmao

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Wait so if we haven't been rejected yet, is that a good sign?

Did anyone else get the email about the medical student panel Q&A?

does anyone know if thereā€™s a way to update admissions since the portal doesnā€™t give the option to send update letters, or a number we can call to ask?
this is my first choice school and I want to do all that I can on my part to remain relevant to the admissions šŸ˜” I was complete back in august but havenā€™t heard anything back. Not even the Q&A email mentioned by others

does anyone know if thereā€™s a way to update admissions since the portal doesnā€™t give the option to send update letters, or a number we can call to ask?
this is my first choice school and I want to do all that I can on my part to remain relevant to the admissions šŸ˜” I was complete back in august but havenā€™t heard anything back. Not even the Q&A email mentioned by others
I emailed them a few weeks ago asking if they accept update letters and never heard back. Also my first choice & also havenā€™t heard anything since I submitted my secondary in August... no Q&A email either but Im thinking thatā€™s only for people who have been interviewed or invited šŸ˜žšŸ˜…

I emailed them a few weeks ago asking if they accept update letters and never heard back. Also my first choice & also havenā€™t heard anything since I submitted my secondary in August... no Q&A email either but Im thinking thatā€™s only for people who have been interviewed or invited šŸ˜žšŸ˜…
I think they said the last interview was last Thursday. So I'm thinking y'all might not here back. Unless you mean you haven't heard about a pre-match since then.

I think they said the last interview was last Thursday. So I'm thinking y'all might not here back. Unless you mean you haven't heard about a pre-match since then.
Yeah no interview yet.. guess Iā€™ll just have to wait for that rejection email thenšŸ™ƒ

oh darn :( welp guess I can accept that as a rejection. Thanks for responding!

Lol I got a call today and told if I can interview tomorrow. Excited

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
713 number. So houston area.

Also thanks. I'm pretty sure my essay was the reason I even got a shot šŸ™

• Love
713 number. So houston area.

Also thanks. I'm pretty sure my essay was the reason I even got a shot šŸ™
You deserve it. They determine eligibility based on aamc data that predicts success in school, so no worries about your mcat. You must fit their mission , best of luck!

Are we able to send updates to the school? I sent emails inquiring but nobody ever answers šŸ˜„ so idk what else to do

I called about 11 times and never go to anyone. I used the number they have on the website for admissions but is there a different one I can try?
I swear to you, I called the admissions office number because I hadn't gotten the interview schedule and they answered me on my first try.

I swear to you, I called the admissions office number because I hadn't gotten the interview schedule and they answered me on my first try.
WHAT??? seriously? the number on the contact page under admissions? wow they must just not want to talk when I call then :( anyway I will try again tomorrow for sure

WHAT??? seriously? the number on the contact page under admissions? wow they must just not want to talk when I call then :( anyway I will try again tomorrow for sure
Any luck with contacting them and finding out if they accept update letters?