2020-2021 Sam Houston State University - College of Osteopathic Medicine (SHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had an interview on 12/11 and never heard back from them. Do you think there is still a chance for acceptance or at least waiting list? I'm just a little bit disappointed because I noticed most of the acceptance would be one week after the interview

Members don't see this ad.

One more question..Do you think someone may get accepted on the match day without pre-match acceptance or waiting list?

One more question..Do you think someone may get accepted on the match day without pre-match acceptance or waiting list?
I think All of these questions have been asked multiple times on this thread. Scroll up or switch between pages to see the answers :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I was wondering if there was a GroupMe or Facebook group for those who have been accepted?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all, I interviewed in Oct and they originally told us they would give decisions by the end of Oct then followed up in Nov saying any updates would be communicated via e-mail, and I've not heard anything since. Is this an R just waiting for Match Day or am I overreacting?
This has been asked and answered repeatedly on this thread. Try reading up above.

I heard SHSU is accepting MCATs from January 2021 for this cycle. Can anyone confirm this?

I have an interview scheduled for January 15th and have yet to hear anything in regards to this interview. Is this normal? If so, around when can I expect to receive information about my interview?

I have an interview scheduled for January 15th and have yet to hear anything in regards to this interview. Is this normal? If so, around when can I expect to receive information about my interview?
You will most likely hear it 2 or 3 days before the interview. don't worry. I was worried about the same thing lol

You will most likely hear it 2 or 3 days before the interview. don't worry. I was worried about the same thing lol
That is a bit annoying lol. Can you provide me with and details about what the interview day schedule will look like and the format of the interviews/activites?

After I got my offer letter, they wrote:

"You will receive communication to the email address listed on your admissions application from IT@SAM with instructions on activating your SHSU computer account within 5-10 business days."

However, I have not received any communication after the decision. Does anyone who has been accepted here know about this?

Thanks! And good luck to all that are still waiting - you got this!

After I got my offer letter, they wrote:

"You will receive communication to the email address listed on your admissions application from IT@SAM with instructions on activating your SHSU computer account within 5-10 business days."

However, I have not received any communication after the decision. Does anyone who has been accepted here know about this?

Thanks! And good luck to all that are still waiting - you got this!
I think they’re waiting till maybe after match day to send all the activation stuff. I prematched in early Nov and never got anything. I would contact admissions if you want :)

Does anyone know if SHSU accepts a letter of intent or update letters?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if SHSU accepts a letter of intent or update letters?
I don't think so. A friend of mines tried to send an update letter, but SHSU said that they only accepts updates from TMDSAS.

Reactions: 1 users
the interview format is just traditional 1 on 1 interviewers right? sorry if this has been asked i cant seem to find it anywhere

Anyone still waiting to hear back post II? It's been awhile since the last time prematches were offered...

Reactions: 6 users
Has SHSU appeared on the TMDSAS rank list for anyone else who has interviewed? I interviewed in early December and it still has not shown up.

Has SHSU appeared on the TMDSAS rank list for anyone else who has interviewed? I interviewed in early December and it still has not shown up.
You should definitely contact them about that! I interviewed Dec. 11 and have had mine up for a while.

I got an II yesterday for Friday but withdrew from it just now because I already have an A. Should be a last minute spot for someone else. Wishing everyone the best :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Prematch offer! Yay! It is my lower ranked prematch, so I won't be attending, but it was still nice to receive. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Prematch this afternoon, declined, godspeed y'all

I doubt this info is out there but just curious, does anyone know how many applicants were accepted to SHSU-COM vs how many matriculated into the program last year?

I doubt this info is out there but just curious, does anyone know how many applicants were accepted to SHSU-COM vs how many matriculated into the program last year?
I was wondering that too because I know there class size will be small for the 2021 class, but it seems like to have sent prematches to many people already

I was wondering that too because I know there class size will be small for the 2021 class, but it seems like to have sent prematches to many people already
I think this year's class size is 112? Someone fact check me on that. I would imagine that they would accept alot more students than that bc many students who get an offer decline for other schools; SHSU has a high turnover rate I would assume.

I think this year's class size is 112? Someone fact check me on that. I would imagine that they would accept alot more students than that bc many students who get an offer decline for other schools; SHSU has a high turnover rate I would assume.
I was told in my interview they are doubling the class size this year to about 120-130 students. Plan to increase the following year as well and cap at 150.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone, I am a part of the inaugural SHSU COM class (class of 2024) and can try to answer any questions you all have. I would urge everyone to join the FB group created by Jeffrey Yang. I know my class did this and it was the only way we were able to communicate/ get to know each other before school started due to the pandemic. I don't really check SDN anymore so if you post a question here I will likely miss it, but if you message me on FB or post a question in the FB group for your class I will likely see it. My name on Facebook is Matthew Stokell. I should be the only one that goes to SHSU under that name.

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone hear back after 1/8 interview? Or is everyone who interviewed/is interviewing after January probably going to be waiting until Match Day?

Did anyone hear back after 1/8 interview? Or is everyone who interviewed/is interviewing after January probably going to be waiting until Match Day?
My friend interviewed after 1/8 and prematched 1/29. Prematch closed 1/31 so everyone else in state will hear back March 5th on match day

Last edited:
You guys MUST rank the school, even if it's your only school. If you're in state and you interviewed at all, anywhere, rank the school number 1 and look forward to Match Day to hear if you got in. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
I have an interview on Feb 26. This is after Texas match... why does the school have interview dates after the match?