2020-2021 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II to their MD/PhD program!! Beyond excited. IS, ORM, LM 71, complete 7/30.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
II to their MD/PhD program!! Beyond excited. IS, ORM, LM 71, complete 7/30.
Congrats! What was your application status prior to receiving the II? Mine still just says "application is ready" and I'm wondering if this means I still have yet to be reviewed or to be assigned to someone for review.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully regular MD will hear today as well!

Is anyone else not marked as complete yet? I submitted my secondary on 8/1 and my AMCAS primary was verified on 5/28, with all materials complete....

Is anyone else not marked as complete yet? I submitted my secondary on 8/1 and my AMCAS primary was verified on 5/28, with all materials complete....
Double check if you selected them as recipients of your Casper scores. That’s what was holding mine back.

II received today! But when I went to schedule the interview, there was only one available date, which happens to conflict with another interview of mine. I literally scrolled through all the months (October-April) and there were no other available dates. How are all the dates gone already??

Reactions: 4 users
II received today! But when I went to schedule the interview, there was only one available date, which happens to conflict with another interview of mine. I literally scrolled through all the months (October-April) and there were no other available dates. How are all the dates gone already??
They’re gone already?

Just re-read the II email, and it's possible they weren't notified that I completed VITA yet. VITA completion is required to schedule.

II this afternoon. IS ORM LM 70

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II yesterday! Complete 7/30, IS and idk what my LM is lol

Reactions: 3 users
II received on Monday! You have to complete VITA first before scheduling anything. 514, 3.5, IS. Complete 8/31.

Edit 9/24: Just took VITA. The interview scheduling portal opened immediately after I got the AAMC's "Completed" email. They had two dates in October and then nothing for the rest of 2020.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Why are you guys drawn to Penn State's Med school? What do you guys think makes it unique?

Why are you guys drawn to Penn State's Med school? What do you guys think makes it unique?
I applied because 1. I really, really like a few of their accelerated programs - specifically, I like their neurosurgery and their Clinician Educator ones; and 2. I'm IS, alongside the fact that some family members have gone there for undergrad and have liked the area.

I agree with Kaytvo's post I think that Penn State has some great accelerated programs. They also have strong medical humanities courses/curriculum that I personally am interested in as well as Global Health opportunities.

I applied because 1. I really, really like a few of their accelerated programs - specifically, I like their neurosurgery and their Clinician Educator ones; and 2. I'm IS, alongside the fact that some family members have gone there for undergrad and have liked the area.

One thing that I just wanted to point out is that unless you are doing the University Park Medical Curriculum, Penn State's main medical school is at their Hershey Campus, so not the same place as where students go for undergrad. I went to Penn State for undergrad so that is why I know that but the Hershey campus is about 1.5 hours away, just so you all know!

Reactions: 2 users
II today. Can't even register for a date yet because I have to do my VITA first. Anyone else on the same boat?

II today. Can't even register for a date yet because I have to do my VITA first. Anyone else on the same boat?

I'm IS, and it was mandatory for me to do VITA before I could register. The moment I got the "VITA Complete" email, I was given access to the interview scheduling tab.

Haven't received a secondary, verified early Sept...should I drop them an email??

So I received an II, got overly enthusiastic and scheduled an interview date because I had access to the calendar and there was a lone date available (which is this upcoming Wednesday), then never got the VITA invitation this past Thursday. Trying to get in contact with student admissions about what to do about this debacle

To anyone interviewing today: did we get a link for the welcome session at 8:30? I only have links for my individual interviews and for the presentation, virtual lunch and virtual tour so I'm a little confused if there is something we log on for before morning interviews

To those that interviewed, were you given a timeframe for when you would hear a decision? Thanks!

Anyone have access to the interview scheduler have any status updates on whether there are still october dates available?

Has anyone else still not gotten a VITA invite who was invited to interview yesterday?

To anyone interviewing today: did we get a link for the welcome session at 8:30? I only have links for my individual interviews and for the presentation, virtual lunch and virtual tour so I'm a little confused if there is something we log on for before morning interviews

Wondering about this for my interview on Monday. Did you just use the presentation/lunch/tour link for your welcome session?

For those interested in finding out more about the University Park Track of Penn State COM, we are hosting several zoom open house sessions from October to December! Register at the link below.

All applicants will need to apply and be accepted to the Hershey program before being considered for the UP track. Applying to the UP track does not impact your Hershey application and if accepted to both, you are free to choose which campus to attend.

Sessions available are:

• 6 p.m. Oct. 6, 2020: UPC track admissions/selection process
  • Noon Oct. 15, 2020: Year 1 - an in-depth look
  • 6 p.m. Oct. 20, 2020: Year 2 - clerkships
  • 6 p.m. Nov. 3, 2020: Year 3 - return to foundational sciences
  • Noon Nov. 11, 2020: USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 study prep
  • 6 p.m. Nov. 17, 2020: Year 4 and residency prep
  • 6 p.m. Dec. 1, 2020: Life in and around State College, Pa.
  • 6 p.m. Dec. 3, 2020: Student meet-and-greet
  • 6 p.m. Dec. 8, 2020: Faculty meet-and-greet
Register here: University Park Preview Day - Take A Closer Look - Penn State College of Medicine

Does Penn State accept update letters? If so, does anyone know where we are able to submit one?

Does Penn State accept update letters? If so, does anyone know where we are able to submit one?
Got antsy and emailed the admissions office. They do not accept any "updates or changes to submitted applications."

Has anyone else still not gotten a VITA invite who was invited to interview yesterday?
I didn't get my VITA invite until two Thursdays after I was sent the II. I contacted Penn State and they said to just let them know when I had completed VITA (I ended up interviewing before doing VITA which I'm doing today)

Wondering about this for my interview on Monday. Did you just use the presentation/lunch/tour link for your welcome session?
Yes this is what I ended up doing and I found myself in the right place!

For those interested in finding out more about the University Park Track of Penn State COM, we are hosting several zoom open house sessions from October to December! Register at the link below.

All applicants will need to apply and be accepted to the Hershey program before being considered for the UP track. Applying to the UP track does not impact your Hershey application and if accepted to both, you are free to choose which campus to attend.

Sessions available are:

• 6 p.m. Oct. 6, 2020: UPC track admissions/selection process
  • Noon Oct. 15, 2020: Year 1 - an in-depth look
  • 6 p.m. Oct. 20, 2020: Year 2 - clerkships
  • 6 p.m. Nov. 3, 2020: Year 3 - return to foundational sciences
  • Noon Nov. 11, 2020: USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 study prep
  • 6 p.m. Nov. 17, 2020: Year 4 and residency prep
  • 6 p.m. Dec. 1, 2020: Life in and around State College, Pa.
  • 6 p.m. Dec. 3, 2020: Student meet-and-greet
  • 6 p.m. Dec. 8, 2020: Faculty meet-and-greet
Register here: University Park Preview Day - Take A Closer Look - Penn State College of Medicine

Is there a dress code for this virtual event?

Interview Invite this morning!

In state,
510 MCAT
3.6cGPA
3.5 sGPA
3.8 Masters GPA
nontrad

Very excited, waiting on VITA invite now!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Interview Invite this morning!

In state,
510 MCAT
3.6cGPA
3.5 sGPA
3.8 Masters GPA
nontrad

Very excited, waiting on VITA invite now!
+1 also we have the exact same stats haha . fingers crossed good vibes for us!

Received an II today and already completed my VITA, but only see 1 date available for interviews- is anyone else having this issue?

Reactions: 2 users