2020-2021 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS secondary received. AMCAS verified 7/13

Members don't see this ad.

Secondary received and submitted, OOS URM

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Penn State allows letters from a past application cycle? My non-science letter is the only one I have from 2 years ago, should I request a date change?

Is anyone else unable to access the secondary because of the date of birth verification? I am entering my birthday, but get an error message saying: "Invalid Birth Date"?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think the "unique aspect of your application" is referring to a diversity type response? It's only 75 words which I think is pretty low for that type of question.

Do you think the "unique aspect of your application" is referring to a diversity type response? It's only 75 words which I think is pretty low for that type of question.
I used it to explain why I'm lacking shadowing hours thanks to COVID. I think it's just "is there something we should take into account that you didn't get to explain elsewhere".

I used it as a diversity question. Agreed though, the 75 words for their prompts was tricky.

Just to triple check, applying for the Point Park Program doesn't affect your app for the regular med school right?

how long are you spending on the "competency" descriptions?

Is CASPer required for PSUCOM this cycle? On MSAR it says that it is, but in the "Status" section of the secondary app portal, I don't see any mention of the need for a CASPer score.

Last edited:
Is CASPer required for PSUCOM this cycle? On MSAR it says that it is, but in the "Status" section of the secondary app portal, I don't see any mention of the need for a CASPer score.
The school website says CASPer is required

MD yes. MD/PhD no.

Submitted just now and received completed email right away

Is anyone else unable to access the secondary because of the date of birth verification? I am entering my birthday, but get an error message saying: "Invalid Birth Date"?
Im getting this message too

Okay so when it says "Situational Judgment Testing" is required for PSUCOM on MSAR, is that referring to CASPer? Or is that the new SJT that the AAMC is implementing this year, which I believe they are using for UCD and UMinnesota?

Secondary received on 7-29 and submitted on 7-31.

Good luck to everyone applying! :)

For reference, I am an OOS applicant

Are any current students available to read my secondary essays? This is my top choice!! Thanks in advance <3

For the question: Please indicate the entering first-year class year(s) to which you applied, if I applied last year would I say 2019 or the entering 2024 class?

is the first prompt about a unique thing on ur application a diversity prompt? its not asking for something unique about the applicant - thats why i was unsure

Can someone explain the university park program vs. the regular program?

is the first prompt about a unique thing on ur application a diversity prompt? its not asking for something unique about the applicant - thats why i was unsure
I read tips on blog.accepted.com and prospectivedoctor and they said it's basically a very short "what makes you unique" essay. I incorporated a bit of diversity in mine but my answer was basically just a "here's a wacky thing about me that I think would make me a good physician"

I received my secondary last Wednesday. I sent it back 30 minutes after I got it. However, today it still reads that my letters have not been received despite my being verified way back in early June. I haven't had this problem with any other school. I'm wondering how long I should wait until I email admissions? Ideas?

I received my secondary last Wednesday. I sent it back 30 minutes after I got it. However, today it still reads that my letters have not been received despite my being verified way back in early June. I haven't had this problem with any other school. I'm wondering how long I should wait until I email admissions? Ideas?
I'm also having this problem. It says that my letters are not there so the application is incomplete, but when I like on the LOR link, it shows my letter packet and says "received."

I'm also having this problem. It says that my letters are not there so the application is incomplete, but when I like on the LOR link, it shows my letter packet and says "received."
Same. I'll probably wait until Wednesday and it's been a full week to ask them about it.

Same. I'll probably wait until Wednesday and it's been a full week to ask them about it.
I just emailed them and got a really snippy response that a lot of people are having this problem and that they're working on it. They said once they have it resolved they would send a mass email. The person was really rude so save yourselves and DONT EMAIL!

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know when they start interviewing?

I just found a HUGE typo in one of my answers to the personal statement questions. RIP.

Reactions: 3 users
wanna share w the class?
I was wrangling with the word limit and accidentally left a sentence at "through college's commitment to..." instead of "the college's commitment to..." and it throws the meaning of the whole sentence. and now my anxiety won't let me rest.

edit: respeccc for the ATLA pfp. Toph is badass

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know if they screen stats after secondary submission or review holistically?

Any current students lurking I could PM?

Just wondering if there's a proper way to abbreviate this school's name... PSUCOM? PSCOM? Penn State? A little detail, but on their website they usually use their full name.

Just wondering if there's a proper way to abbreviate this school's name... PSUCOM? PSCOM? Penn State? A little detail, but on their website they usually use their full name.
PSCOM

How are people answering the competency questions? What level of detail should be used? Haven't seen anything like this on any of my secondaries thus far

Does anyone's LORs still say "Not Received"? I submitted over a week ago now and my LORs were in weeks before that. When I click on the LOR link though, it shows that my packet is there. Should I email admissions or has anyone else resolved this?

Does anyone's LORs still say "Not Received"? I submitted over a week ago now and my LORs were in weeks before that. When I click on the LOR link though, it shows that my packet is there. Should I email admissions or has anyone else resolved this?
I would maybe send them an email. I submitted my secondary yesterday and my LOR is already marked complete

I just realized that I didn't send my CASPer score to penn state. submitted my secondary july 30th and just added penn state to my CASPer distribution list. how long does it usually take for schools to receive the score?