2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Secondary Received! I got the LECOM-Erie one last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received today (6/23). Got my LECOM-Erie secondary a week ago.

LECOM Secondary has been in my SPAM FOR 7 DAYS!! check your spam, thank you to everyone on this thread!!!

Secondary received today, no email. Just noticed it in my portal (I've been checking it everyday).

What do you mean in your portal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have my portal set up from applying to LECOM Erie. Both Erie and Bradenton campuses are run through the same portal. It is my understanding that you cannot access your portal until provided with your unique login info, which I received from LECOM Erie when they invited me to fill out a secondary last week. Since I had access to my portal, under the admissions tab>scroll to the bottom click "View Admission Status" and you can see the campuses and your status for each. Today, I noticed LECOM B was added, and saw the link on the left to fill out LECOM B secondary. Still didn't get an email, but filled it out anyway. Hope this helps!

I'm at a 108 w/ SAT.

Thinking I'm just going to wait for my MCAT score, I'm taking in on Sunday.

Thankfully it's a ~2 week turnaround (which has been such a long wait so far). Can't imagine what the standard 4 weeks feels like.

Those of you applying with AIS, take a look at this thread from LECOM Erie 2016, a little outdated but nonetheless, contains some interesting points about people who were accepted with AIS.

Main points (keeping in mind this was 4 years ago): average accepted with AIS 114-120, but they have interviewed people with 110.

That's interesting! My AIS was 114, MCAT score will be released on 7/7. This gives me some hope that if it didn't go how I wanted, I still have a chance. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine just popped up in the portal yesterday. I got eries the day after the apps went out though. I didnt get the email telling me to do bradenton until this morning it came with the email stating that they received the secondary and i was under review since i completed it when it popped up yeaterday. ‍

Mine just popped up in the portal yesterday. I got eries the day after the apps went out though. I didnt get the email telling me to do bradenton until this morning it came with the email stating that they received the secondary and i was under review since i completed it when it popped up yeaterday. ‍

So did you go ahead and complete the other secondary without an email? I got my email from Bradenton but not Erie but applied to both

hey everyone! i recently submitted aacomas and haven't been verified yet. but just to make sure, lecom-erie has no actual secondary essays right? thanks!

So did you go ahead and complete the other secondary without an email? I got my email from Bradenton but not Erie but applied to both

Yeah i went ahead and did it because once the bradenton option popped up it said I was invited to submit it even though i hadnt got the email yet. I wouldnt have but it literally told me on the website to submit it so I did.

hey everyone! i recently submitted aacomas and haven't been verified yet. but just to make sure, lecom-erie has no actual secondary essays right? thanks!
Yeah no essays just demographic info and criminal background questions

I wrote to them to ask

I was verified on 5/13 and still didn't get the secondary to LECOM. I wrote to them, but haven't heard back.
Try calling, they are usually pretty good about answering the phone.

For those who have submitted their secondary, has your portal status changed at all from "We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made. Thank you."?

For those who have submitted their secondary, has your portal status changed at all from "We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made. Thank you."?
Mine still says this for LECOM-B but not E.

+1 mine still says this as well. It said this last cycle until I received a rejection email in April/May.

I was also verified 5/19 and haven’t heard anything.
I might call later today, or by Monday if I still don't hear from them. I didn't apply to any other campus, so I'm wondering if they're filtering through everyone who applied to many LECOM campuses first? Not sure.

I might call later today, or by Monday if I still don't hear from them. I didn't apply to any other campus, so I'm wondering if they're filtering through everyone who applied to many LECOM campuses first? Not sure.
Because of Florida statutes, LECOM B is basically its own school completely separate from LECOM Erie/Seton Hill/Elmira. LECOM B has to run everything on its own so don't compare the timeline of LECOM to LECOM B, completely different admissions teams who send out secondaries, II, IAs at different times. I would call LECOM B, they're really nice on the phone. Good luck!

Anyone else just get an email about an online "skills assessment" where we have to video records ourselves answering computer-fed questions? Kinda bizarre and no mention if this is a substitute for the interview or is just an additional step to receiving an interview? Also received an II from LECOM Erie today and there was no mention of this systems but just a traditional interview offered virtually. I guess the two campuses really do operate totally differently

On their website they say they use undergraduate and graduate GPA for the AIS score, but does that mean I can use my Grad GPA alone, or do they mean overall GPA (Undergrad and Grad)?

Anyone else just get an email about an online "skills assessment" where we have to video records ourselves answering computer-fed questions? Kinda bizarre and no mention if this is a substitute for the interview or is just an additional step to receiving an interview? Also received an II from LECOM Erie today and there was no mention of this systems but just a traditional interview offered virtually. I guess the two campuses really do operate totally differently
Disregard, it was actually meant for LECOM PA and they accidentally included Bradenton in the header. Still no updates from Bradenton but hopefully coming soon!

On their website they say they use undergraduate and graduate GPA for the AIS score, but does that mean I can use my Grad GPA alone, or do they mean overall GPA (Undergrad and Grad)?

i believe it’s an overall GPA (Grad and undergrad) , but it wouldn’t hurt to call and ask!

Reactions: 1 users
Mine says "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made". This is my first time checking my admissions status, so I'm not sure if it said something different before.

Has anyone else not received a secondary? I only applied to the Bradenton campus and was verified 5/29. The only thing missing from my app is my MCAT score, but I still haven't received anything (and yes, I have checked my spam folder).

Has anyone else not received a secondary? I only applied to the Bradenton campus and was verified 5/29. The only thing missing from my app is my MCAT score, but I still haven't received anything (and yes, I have checked my spam folder).

I have not received anything from LECOM-B either. I also have not received an MCAT score yet (testing 7/7), but I did receive an email from LECOM-E that my application would be on hold until I submitted my MCAT score or my AIS score, and I feel more comfortable just waiting for my MCAT score to return. I was under the impression I probably would not hear anything from them until my MCAT score was uploaded.

I have not received anything from LECOM-B either. I also have not received an MCAT score yet (testing 7/7), but I did receive an email from LECOM-E that my application would be on hold until I submitted my MCAT score or my AIS score, and I feel more comfortable just waiting for my MCAT score to return. I was under the impression I probably would not hear anything from them until my MCAT score was uploaded.
Okay, that makes sense because I do not have an AIS score. Good luck on your test, and thank you!

I also haven’t heard anything and I have all materials in (MCAT: 511, GPA: 3.7)

I also haven’t heard anything and I have all materials in (MCAT: 511, GPA: 3.7)
I haven't heard anything, was verified 5/13, and have my MCAT score in as well. I wrote to them and didn't hear back, might call to ask if they've received everything to be sure.

So is Bradenton not sending w/o MCAT scores?