2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you for answering! Also, was wondering about the differences between Seton Hill & Elmira and which is better?
They're pretty much the same. Both offer PBL pathways. Elmira is new (first class sits this year) and has more of a focus on rural medicine than Seton Hill and Erie.

Members don't see this ad.

I was verified a few weeks ago but today I formally submitted my AIS yesterday through the link they provide. Any idea how much longer it takes to receive the secondary now?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was verified a few weeks ago but today I formally submitted my AIS yesterday through the link they provide. Any idea how much longer it takes to receive the secondary now?
I got mine within 24 hours. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
This school is awful. Stay away.

Can you give more info? This school is my top choice if I’m accepted to the primary care scholars pathway, so I would like to know about any red flags.

Can you give more info? This school is my top choice if I’m accepted to the primary care scholars pathway, so I would like to know about any red flags.
Do you know how we indicate interest in the primary care scholars pathway? I'm also interested in it but didn't see anywhere on the secondary where we could indicate that.

Do you know how we indicate interest in the primary care scholars pathway? I'm also interested in it but didn't see anywhere on the secondary where we could indicate that.
If you get selected for an interview that is when you choose your pathway (Primary Care, PBL, LDP etc). However, your selection here does not guarantee you will receive that pathway. I'm not sure if there is anyway to notify LECOM ahead of time if you are interested. Maybe contact admissions to see if they have any advice.

If you get selected for an interview that is when you choose your pathway (Primary Care, PBL, LDP etc). However, your selection here does not guarantee you will receive that pathway. I'm not sure if there is anyway to notify LECOM ahead of time if you are interested. Maybe contact admissions to see if they have any advice.

Yep, you rank your pathway preference at the interview. I did make my intention to go into rural family medicine a cornerstone of my personal statement, so I hope it’s obvious that I would be interested in that pathway, but of course I didn’t mention it specifically since the personal statement goes to all the schools I’m applying to.

elaborate please

you have to dress up fancy, not even business casual, you can’t drink in lectures. People always talk bad about the school. Went to an interview, the student who led the interview said “it’s really not bad you get used to it” implying that there really is a problem with how the school is run and people get used to it. Would suggest other DO schools.

• Haha
I mean if you want to be a dr bad enough it shouldn't matter (although I agree some rules are not ideal). Weigh your options and ultimately pick what's the best fit for you!

This school is awful. Stay away.
Oh no dress code. It is about time you learn to dress professionally, this prepares you for the real world. And besides, it is only for the times you are on campus, no need to stay dressed up like that forever. If you are worried about the water situation, step outside to drink. In the end, you make it how you want to be and if you want to be a doctor, these are the minor hustles needed to get to the end goal which will reward you for your sacrifices. And besides, cheap tuition. This is not my #1 school but it is definitely up there and I would not mind going here if I got accepted. Look up the routes before interview date so you know what to do. I personally am the person who does better studying outside class with a group and teaching my study group material rather than sitting in lecture, so I will probably select the more self study path and scout for a group of friends to study together for exams like boards.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
you have to dress up fancy, not even business casual, you can’t drink in lectures. People always talk bad about the school. Went to an interview, the student who led the interview said “it’s really not bad you get used to it” implying that there really is a problem with how the school is run and people get used to it. Would suggest other DO schools.
The dress code is business casual, so not sure where you got this fancy dress code at. Also you only have to be dressed up until like 4-5 and then you are able to wear whatever. I didn’t commit here, but it really didn’t seem like a bad school like everyone makes it out to be

I wear business clothes to my job every day so that doesn’t seem like a big deal. A dress code and not being able to have water during lecture seems a little annoying and infantilizing, but I don’t see how that’s reason to label the school as awful. Are there any substantive issues with the curriculum or graduation rates or anything like that?

I was verified May 22nd and still no secondary. Should I call them? This makes me nervous.

Just received the secondary today but for some reason the website is messed up and I can't submit my secondary. All the links on the site are jumbled. Is this happening to anyone else? Im using Google Chrome on my mac.

Just received the secondary today but for some reason the website is messed up and I can't submit my secondary. All the links on the site are jumbled. Is this happening to anyone else? Im using Google Chrome on my mac.
Mine seems to be working fine using Safari.

Secondary received on June 17th. I have already completed and sent back. LECOM-ERIE/Seton Hill

I know I should probably know this, but does anyone know the chances of getting an interview relative to how soon they send you a secondary and you send back. Like what are the chances of being offered?

I know I should probably know this, but does anyone know the chances of getting an interview relative to how soon they send you a secondary and you send back. Like what are the chances of being offered?
Probably not that related, but interviews at LECOM-E seemed to start going out by the end of June last cycle.

Probably not that related, but interviews at LECOM-E seemed to start going out by the end of June last cycle.

See I saw that! Some got interviews in 4 days after submitting their secondary. Odds you think we start hearing about interviews late June this cycle?

See I saw that! Some got interviews in 4 days after submitting their secondary. Odds you think we start hearing about interviews late June this cycle?
Let's hope so!! Does anyone know if we will have any essays in the future, since we didn't have any in the primary or secondary? Or is it just interviews now?

I guess if you’ve submitted either an MCAT/ACT-SAT or both there’s no reason you won’t! But I think we could expect them soonish.

Let's hope so!! Does anyone know if we will have any essays in the future, since we didn't have any in the primary or secondary? Or is it just interviews now?
No more essays for LECOM, take a sigh of relief!

I guess if you’ve submitted either an MCAT/ACT-SAT or both there’s no reason you won’t! But I think we could expect them soonish.

That’s awesome to hear! I wish you the best of luck my friend :) as well as to anyone else reading this! Hopefully when someone gets an interview invite they post here!

Has anyone here not taken their MCAT yet and has their application on hold unless you use AIS? Is using AIS and submitting SAT/ACT scores a good idea?

Has anyone here not taken their MCAT yet and has their application on hold unless you use AIS? Is using AIS and submitting SAT/ACT scores a good idea?

I submitted my AIS. I took my exam yesterday but I won't get the results till July 7th. My ACT and GPA are both super good so I didn't really see a point not to and it means my app gets a little further along.

LECOM actually accepts students using AIS without an MCAT every year, ie you don't need an MCAT to apply here. If you are going to take the MCAT but don't yet have the score, it is probably a good idea to submit your AIS/ACT score to take yourself off hold. LECOM looks at students without MCAT scores every year, so they will be use to evaluating apps without a score. In my opinion, submit your AIS, get taken off hold, and make sure they receive your MCAT once you have it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Me too! Does anyone know how long application review typically takes?
You will remain under review until you are selected for an interview, not sure with II start going out.

It looks like last year IIs started going out around June 24th.

Reactions: 1 users
I hope we wake up to some people receiving interviews today!!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got my secondary to both LECOM and Brandenton. Brandenton was in my inbox but LECOM was in my spam. :thinking:
Here I was wondering where the Erie secondary was the entire time :laugh: Thanks for the heads up!

Last year June 24th was a Monday. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear until at least Monday.

Last edited:
Secondary received and submitted! (It was sitting in my spam without my knowledge for the past two weeks oops)

II! No email yet, just updated status on portal! Verified 5/27, Secondary received 6/16, Submitted 6/16

• Love
Reactions: 14 users