2020-2021 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How disgusting would it be to post that they got the call already?

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
sorry if this has been answered before but do calls or emails go out first?
I think last time not all interviewers called since their schedules are busy! So it's not a certainty that you'll necessarily get a call.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like if it were today people would have already received calls before noon...

The first reported call in December was 9:50am PST (it's still 9:30am rn), and last year March it was 2pm. Sorry I'm too lazy to change this to EST

Edit: I got confused with my times omg I'm in PST.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Back in December two of my friends got their calls on a Friday between 1p and 4p est

Last edited:
The first reported call in December was 9:50am CST (it's still 9:30am rn), and last year March it was 2pm. Sorry I'm too lazy to change this to EST
People like you who do this type of research deserve a special medal. I appreciate you

• Haha
The first reported call in December was 9:50am CST (it's still 9:30am rn), and last year March it was 2pm. Sorry I'm too lazy to change this to EST
You deserve to be a doctor. This post was absolute pure gold. No question. Your the best. I hope your the first one called.

The first reported call in December was 9:50am PST (it's still 9:30am rn), and last year March it was 2pm. Sorry I'm too lazy to change this to EST

Edit: I got confused with my times omg I'm in PST.
How do you know what times from sdn posts

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you know what times from sdn posts
Btw saw you on the 2019 thread too--the post you asked about was 4:17pm (7:17pm EST), but if you scroll up a little more, someone had reported a call from a friend at 5pm EST

So were the first round of calls after 5PM?
In 2018 first (reported) calls went on Friday March 7 10am EST. This winter it started ~1pm EST. I don't think we can really make any generalizations about when calls might go out, and in winter it really depended on caller availability

So were the first round of calls after 5PM?
Someone posted that their friend got a call around 4:57 EST with the first acceptance post of spring 2020. The R's that went out that day (same day as acceptance last year) were posted around 3:30. Not many people posted the R's so I'm not sure if they came out earlier and people took some time to process before posting.

Reactions: 2 users
So....is the conclusion that today is not the day? Wondering if I can give my anxiety a break or just let it continue into tomorrow?

Reactions: 4 users
I didn't really get the impression that everyone was getting called but yes my interviewer, Nov
Omg Congrats!! Would you mind putting your interviewers initials haha feeling super neurotic now
I'll dm u, wait I can't dm you can you dm me if you wanna know

Last edited:
For everyone waiting - not everyone gets called! In December, I spent a few days convincing myself I didn't get in because I never got a call, but I got an acceptance via email a few days after calls started.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
So are R's not before acceptances this year? Or did they go out without anyone posting? Ahhh

Do all calls come on same day?
Didn’t get mine until a few days after everyone was reporting them in December. Some people never get a call and only get the email later.

Didn't this happen last year or the year before where someone's interviewer accidentally called early and everyone found out the next day? It seems like only one poster has gotten a call so I think the rest of us can expect to get a call tomorrow or an email a few days later.

Could anyone else not sleep last night because of this

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
iirc, I think they slow-rolled the calls in the beginning for last year's cycle too :/

iirc, I think they slow-rolled the calls in the beginning for last year's cycle too :/
I think it's mainly because interviewers call vs. the admissions office, and each interviewer has their own schedule so it is more sporadic and random

Last edited: